- - “The great art of films does not consist in descriptive movement of face and body, but in the movements of thought and soul transmitted in a kind of intense isolation.” –Louise ...
- Our Rose of Eternity Side Tiara is the perfect brides who adore 1940s style. Shop at Glitzy Secrets for vintage wedding tiaras.
- Three Plaques Adorned With Flowing Flower Basket Motifs Are Delicately Rendered In Platinum Over Gold And Tiny Twinkling Rose-Cut Diamonds. The Decorative Plaques Are Connected By Five Rows Of Intricately Strung Natural Seed Pearls. A Regal And Feminine Treasure From The Edwardian Age - Circa 1900-1920. 1 1/4 Inch Wide By 13 Inches In Length.Inventory No. 90-1-691
- Gabrielle Coco Chanel's most famous quotes on fashion and style
- The red Remington logo says "To save time is to lengthen life", so ; who doesn't need both? This antique, 1920s Remington standard 12 typewriter is a real gem! The Remington No. 12, which appeared on the market in 1922, embodies every Remington advantage, plus quiet action. Fourteen noise reducing features were introduced. The No. 12 has an improved escapement, type bar construction, ribbon mechanism, and refinements of construction throughout the entire machines. It also has the frame enclosed to keep out dust and dirt.
- Beautiful Silk Blouse In Navy Featuring A Cream Floral And Polka Dot Design. This Versatile Piece Has ¾ Sleeves That Gather At The Shoulder, And It Fastens At The Front With Hook And Eyes.Perfect For An Elegant Ensemble, And In Excellent Condition.
- An Absolute Museum-Worthy Early 1920S French-Made Sequined And Beaded Dropped-Waist Tabard-Style Evening Or Wedding Gown: Outer Overlay Is Completely Covered In Iridescent Sequins And Beading. Under Layer Is Gold Metal And Silk Lame. Under Dress Is Metallic Embroidered Silk Net And Lame. Center Back Long Squared Train With Original Ribbon Loops For Dancing And Ease Of Movement On Train. Impeccable Condition.
- Breathtaking 1920's Museum Quality Silk-Satin Evening Dance Dress. The Ethereal Colorful Floral Pattern Touches A Deep Chord In Our Collective Aesthetic Consciousness. As Fashion Lovers, We Never Tire From Metallic Embroidery; It Will Always Be Fresh To Modern Eyes. It Is In Utterly Pristine Condition; Something That Is Becoming More And More Of A Rarity As Time Goes By. All That Work Is Even More Amazing When You Realize The Art-Deco Designs Are Done Completely By Hand. The Flattering Drop-Waist Silhouette With Side Panels Adds Another Degree Of Charm. Making A Bold And Dramatic Fashion Statement, This Could Have Been Worn In Boardwalk Empire At The End Of 1924. Measurements Bust:36 Inches Hips:40 Inches Total Length:44 Inches This Antique Dress Is In Excellent Condition With No Notable Holes, Discoloration Or Tears. The Garment Slips Over The Head And There Is Beautiful Hand-Stitching Throughout. This Piece Is Over 90 Years Old And Is Truly Stunning.
- 1920S Cream Net Beaded Tabard
- The Great Gatsby [F. Scott Fitzgerald] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. The authentic edition from Fitzgerald’s original publisher. The Great Gatsby , F. Scott Fitzgerald’s third book
- This silver plated leaf crystal flower tiara comb is absolutely gorgeous. Extremely pretty and lovely to look at, this stunning bridal tiara comb will turn any hairstyle into a truly enchanting coiffure. Turn any random hairstyle into a magical coiffure with one of these gorgeous flower hair combs. Perfect for a wedding, debutant ball, quinceanera or any formal event where you are looking to add a bit of fancy to your elegance. Buy one or two of these very pretty crystal combs and take any hair do and enhance it for a magical, fanciful look. Get your floral hair accessory today. Crystal Flower Leaf Hair Comb. Weighs 25 Grams. Crystal. One Size. Silver Plated. Returns Accepted on Unworn. Silver plated base; Imported;
- A Fabulous Jet Black Beaded Flapper Dress From The 1920S. The Skirt Features And Iconic Tiered Beaded Fringe Skirt With An Asymmetrical Hem. Dress Features A Later Added Side Zip. Fully Lined.
- Tiffany & Co. Platinum, Diamond, Ruby & Sapphire Butterfly Charm Circa 1920s charm is beautifully accented with diamonds and gemstones. Metal: Platinum Weight: 3.8 grams Stone Details: The rubies are faceted and cabochon. There are 0.25 points of faceted rubies and 0.20 points of cabochon rubies. There are 0.08 points of sapphire. The diamonds are single cut, there are 0.56 points, the color is G and the clarity is VVS1. Condition: Pre-Owned, Refurbished to excellent condition by a TrueFacet expert Comes with TrueFacet Valuation Report
- This fabulous vintage 1920 English Art Deco clock presages the groovy atomic era designs of the 1950s. A round, white marble clock appears to rise out of the black base, and the plain white face features holes where the numbers should be! As an added bonus, a cast metal German Shepherd whimsically looks on. This vintage Art Deco clock is sure to be a hit with dog collectors and deco aficionados alike. Overall Condition is Used - Good. Clock does not run. There are fleabites to the marble edges due to age and use. There may be trim missing from the right side of the clock. Clock is marked "Made in Gr. Britain by Smiths English Clock LTD".
- Eygptian Revival Butter Silk Faille With Scarab Tinsel Embroidery In Silver And Gold Threads. Large Emerald Cut Citrine Paste And Clear Stones Set Into Frame. Beautiful Quality Imported From France For A Ny Store Circa 1920S.Bag Appears Dirty In Foto But Is Actually Shadows In Fabric.7 X 7". Additional Chain 15".
- Evening Dresses. From our unique collection of Evening Dresses, this piece is offered for sale online by Timeless Vixen. Global shipping is available. There are lots of lovely 1920's garments still around, but every once in a while I come across one that sets my heart a flutter! This is an extraordinarily beautiful and exceptional 1920's green-grey beaded silk-chiffon dance dress. It is embellished all over with silver & pink glass-beads, whose faceted cut creates a dazzling sparkle. The effortless shape really allows one to appreciate the detailed art-deco designs. The dramatic cut-out tiered flaps really set this garment apart from other flapper dresses of the time. The pictures say it all!
Dress Length:40 inches
This antique beaded dress is in excellent wearable condition with no noticeable rips, holes or missing beadwork. The garment slips over the head with no closures. This dress is over 90 years old and is truly breathtaking.
- : Vintage ad illustration lends a distinct look. Canvas-like texture enhances visual appeal. : Name: Maurin Quina, c. 1920 Artist: Leonetto Cappiello 37.41H x 25.41W Print: 35.75H x 23.75W Vertical display Ready to hang Frame: composite Model no. DSW01303 Size: One Size. Color: Multicolor. Gender: Unisex. Age Group: Adult. Material: Canvas.
- 6 Pillar Marble and Ormolu Clock Set circa 1920. Clock 42h x 25w x 13d cms. Urns 28h x 11w x 9d cms.
- April 3, 1920 Zelda and F. Scott Fitzgerald Get Married and One of History’s Most Turbulent Romances Ensues, Recounted in Zelda’s Letter Brain Pickings"Love is bitter and all there is… the rest is for the emotional beggars of the earth." During WWI, F. Scott Fitzgerald was assigned as
- 1920S French Art Deco Sheer Silk Crepe Fringed "flapper" Dress: Black Fabric With Sequin And Beaded "arabesque" Design. Dropped Waist Skirt Is Heavily Embellished With 2 Tiers Of Silver Beaded Fringe Measuring 9" Each. Flowers Beaded In Orchid Pink Beads.
- Bobbed hairstyles of the 1920s resulted in popularizing larger, dramatic earrings, dolls! For your consideration, black diamond and clear crystals conform to the taper of each long link with a drape and sassy movement characteristic of the divine deco era. Round crystal set posts for pierced ears only, and finished in a burnished onze metal finish. Available while supplies last.
- This customizable 1920's Paris Art Deco Print is designed on the poster.
- This incredible original 1920s black satin flapper dress has a black satin slip integral to the dress with a beautiful scrolling floral embroidered tulle lace overlay. In reverse, the satin sleeves have a tulle lace underlay with cuffed sleeves and popper fastenings. Across the front and back is a swaggered satin ribbon effect, a fantastic tasselled fringe at the base and a beaded sequin appliqué on the bottom left hand side. Excellent condition. Measurements:Bust 92cm/36'Waist 92cm/36'Hips 99.5cm/39'Length 108.5cm/42.5'Sleeve length 65cm/25.5'Size 12-14Garment ConditionAll Circa Vintage clothes range from very good to pristine condition. If you require more detailed info on this item, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)20 7736 5038.CONDITION CHART:PristineIn unworn original condition, no imperfections.ExcellentMay have one or two minor flaws as listed in the ‘very good’ category below, virtually invisible to the eye.Very goodMay have two or three of the following minor imperfections, virtually invisible to the eye - age related marks, pulls, small stains, oxidation or cleaning related marks, pulled threads, fraying, small holes, tears or slight fading to the fabric.
- Gorgeous Piano Shawl Dates To The 1920's. It Is Made Out Of Black Silk With Cream-Colored Hand-Embroidery Throughout. Fringed And Macrame Edges.Measurements (Of Embroidered Silk Only): 60" X 60"Fringe And Macramé Length: 22"
- On offer is this Dresden porcelain hand painted crown top perfume bottle. The bottle has pretty painted flowers on a white ground to one side and on
- 20th Century Gold-filled Elgin Wrist Watches. From our unique collection of Watches, this Elgin piece is offered for sale online by Wanna Buy A Watch?. Global shipping is available. Elgin Yellow Gold Filled 16-S Open Face Railroad style pocket watch circa 1920's. Featuring white enamel dial, arabic indexes, and blued steel hands. Powered by 17 jewel manual wind movement with subsidiary seconds. Stem wind and stem set. Heavy excellent condition bow, crown, and case free of any personalized engraving.
Like all our watches, this classic model has been impeccably serviced and detailed by one of our veteran watchmakers. All our watches are guaranteed genuine and come with a 1 year warranty of accurate time keeping.
As a special offering for our 1stdibs customers, your purchase will arrive in one of custom made gift boxes. Great for presentation, travel and storage.
- Fabrice Shirts. From our unique collection of Shirts, this piece is offered for sale online by Thrifted & Modern. Global shipping is available. Gorgeous 1920's-inspired ivory silk sleeveless top with elaborate hand beading and sequin design by Fabrice.
No Closure/ Fabric Contains Stretch
Marked Size: M
Estimated Size: Small-Medium
Color: Ivory/ Iridescent Ivory/ Gold Metallic/ Silver Metallic/ White
Fabric: 100% Silk
Bust: Up To 32"
Waist: Up To 28"
Total Length: 23"
- Evening Dresses. From our unique collection of Evening Dresses, this piece is offered for sale online by Timeless Vixen. Global shipping is available. Breathtaking 1920's museum-quality metallic gold-lame evening dance dress. The ethereal color palette touches a deep chord in our collective aesthetic consciousness. As fashion lovers, we never tire from antique metallics; they will always be fresh to modern eyes. It is in wonderful wearable condition; something that is becoming a rarity as time goes by. The lame is even more amazing when you realize that the skirt is all hand-pleated. The red-floral woven bodice adds another degree of charm that is irresistible. This is one of the best 1920's pieces I have ever seen and I would not be surprised to learn that it was a custom piece from one of the haute-couture Paris houses at the time. Making a bold and dramatic fashion statement, this could have been worn in Boardwalk Empire at the end of 1924.
Total Length:42 inches
This antique dress is in excellent condition with no notable stains,holes or tears. There is hand-stitching throughout. The fabric is unlined and slips over the head to wear. There is perhaps a slightest darkening here and there to the lame. This piece is over 90 years old and is truly stunning.
- For Sale on 1stdibs - AIS2902 Circa 1920 A pair of antique double light sconces in their original gilded and enameled brass finish. Dressed with beaded swags and amethyst prisms.
- 20th Century Diamond More Rings. From our unique collection of Art Deco Rings, this piece is offered for sale online by Pierre Famille. Global shipping is available. C. 1920, there are 21 H/J VS diamonds amount to 2.3 cts. with the center being approximately 1 ct. The 8 stones surrounded by natural fine matching bright blue sapphires equal about 1.10 cts in total. There are 104 cut and set natural calibre sapphires - all unheated. The ring is size 7 1/4 but is easily sizable up and down.
- A Dramatic Art Deco Evening Cape From The Mid 1920S, France. Japanesque Swallowtailed Butterfly Motifs In Pale Blue And Silver Lame Broche. Knotted Fringe Of A Darker Blue Silk And A Criss Cross Lame Ribbon Interior Closure.Center Back 52"Front Length 37"
- Faux Pearl Drop Earring From The Art Deco Era. Screw Back Fittings. 1920S Usa.Excellent Condition.
- Phenomenal Jet Black Pleated Silk 'delphos' Gown With Venetian Striped Glass Beads And Stamped Gold Silk Belt From Mariano Fortuny Dating To The 1920's. Adjustable Drawstring At Neckline. Fits A Variety Of Sizes Due To The Pleated Construction. Length Is About 59". Made In Italy. The Condition Is Excellent.
- Watch videos & listen free to Ella Fitzgerald & Duke Ellington: Caravan, Satin Doll & more, plus 5 pictures. Ella Jane Fitzgerald (April 25, 1917 – June 15, 1996), also known as the "First Lady of Song" and "Lady Ella," was an American jazz vocalist. With a vocal range spanning three octaves, she was noted for her purity of tone, impeccable diction, phrasing and intonation, and a "horn-like" improvisational ability, particularly in her scat singing. She is widely considered one of the supreme interpreters of the Great American Songbook. Over a recording career that lasted 59 years, she was the winner of 13 Grammy Awards and was awarded the National Medal of Art by Ronald Reagan and the Presidential Medal of Freedom by George H. W. Bush. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm.
- Incredibly Beautiful Vintage 20's Inspired Vintage Dress By Shirley Leonard London. Silky Velvet With Heavily Hand Beaded Lace With Bugle Beads, Jet Beads And Black Crystals. Silk Embroidered Thread. Hair Thin Silk Three Tiers Of Fringes Skirt Part. . Front Hip Area Finished With Bow For A Slimming Look. Zippered Fitted Sleeves. Zip Back Closure. Amazing Dress. Pristine Condition. Shoulders 15" Bust 36" Waist 28" Hips 36" Length 38"
- 1930-1939 Diamond Clip-on Earrings. From our unique collection of Earrings, this piece is offered for sale online by Steven Fox Jewelry. Global shipping is available. These extraordinary earrings would have looked appropriately elegant at any "Great Gatsby'" party! Reminiscent of the roaring twenties styling, they have all the sophisticated panache of that grand era. The iconic feather design features center diamonds weighting approximately 1.20 carats with an additional 2.50 carats of smaller diamonds. Mounted in platinum with a clip back, they beautifully grace the ear and are guaranteed to work magic at any celebratory occasion. 1 3/8" L X 5/8" W.
- Evening Dresses. From our unique collection of Evening Dresses, this piece is offered for sale online by Timeless Vixen. Global shipping is available. Breathtaking 1920's museum quality silk-chiffon evening dance dress. The ethereal turquoise-blue color palette touches a deep chord in our collective aesthetic consciousness. As fashion lovers, we never tire from antique beadwork & embroidery; they will always be fresh to modern eyes. Glossy glass-beads are mixed in beautiful floral-motif patterns. It is in utterly pristine condition; something that is becoming more and more of a rarity as time goes by. All that work is even more amazing when you realize the art-deco embroidered craftwork is done by hand. Making a bold and dramatic fashion statement, this could have been worn in Boardwalk Empire at the end of 1925.
Total Length:40 inches
This antique dress is in excellent condition with no notable holes, discoloration or tears. There is hand-stitching throughout. I wouldn't be surprised if this creation was by a famous designer, as it has all the hallmarks of a couture piece from the era. This piece is over 90 years old and is truly stunning.
- Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald was an American novelist and the wife of writer F. Scott Fitzgerald, author of The Great Gatsby. She was an icon of the 1920s—dubbed by her husband "the first American Flapper". The newspapers of New York saw them as embodiments of the Golden Jazz Age and the Roaring Twenties: young, seemingly wealthy, beautiful. But behind the glittering facade was a tragedy of epic proportions.
- Gorgeous Vintage Giorgio Sant 'angelo Black Lace 'flapper' Style Dress! Silk Lace Overlay, With Triangle Edging Down The Side, Back, And Hem. Intricate Embroidery Throughout, And Very Flattering Shape. V-Shaped Lace Overlay In Back. In Great Condition. Can Accommodate Many Sizes, Due To Fit. Approximately Size Small-LargeMeasurements:Up To 40 Inch BustUp To 38 Inch WaistUp To 40 Inch Hips44 Inches From Top Shoulder To Longest Hem
- A truly magnificent addition to your home, this C.1920 Buddha Cabinet originated in Gansu. With its magnificent hand-carved lotus motif, this antique butsudan was very likely used as a display or worship cabinet, but lends itself to myriad uses. Featuring two roomy doors in its lower section, four doors in its midsection, and a lovely wooden grate that swings open in its upper section, it has a beautifully aged finish in hues of red, blue, and ivory. This one-of-a-kind Buddha cabinet is fitted with a movable shelf and ring-pull hardware, adding to its beauty and utility. Solid pine wood. Hand-carved lotus motif. Antique dating to c.1920. One of a kind.
- 1920-1929 Lacloche Freres Wrist Watches. From our unique collection of Art Deco Watches, this Lacloche Freres piece is offered for sale online by Hancocks. Global shipping is available. Exquisite Art Deco Chinoiserie desk clock with a rectangular dial of mother-of-pearl with floral and bird decoration enhanced by carved coral, applied rose-cut diamond Arabic chapters and pavé-set diamond hands. Black lacquer case with rose quartz surmount, a carved agate crown and blue enamel floral panels, all on carved rose quartz dogs and blue enamel floral pillars. The black lacquer base has six rose quartz feet and case contains a mechanical movement. By Lacloche Freres, Paris c1925 with dial decoration by Vladimir Makovsky
Height 15.5 cms/ 6.1"
Very good condition
Though the art of inlay was primarily credited to Far Eastern artisans in the Art Deco period, one European craftsman, the Russian Vladimir Makovsky (1884-1966), is known to have practiced the technique with as much skill as those in Asia. Different from the lacque burgauté, his inlays consisted of tinted mother-of-pearl and a mixture of hardstones on a mother-of-pearl background. The present desk clock dial is an exquisite example. The movement of light is brought to life by the shimmering effect of the nacre. Although his work was often unsigned, his ornamented signature can here be seen to the far right.
THE ROYAL FAMILY OF SAVOY
The Head of the Royal House of Italy uses the title Duke of Savoy; the title of the heir may be Prince of Naples, Prince of Venice or Prince of Piedmont; by the family statute of 1 Jan 1890 the children of the King are and Heir Apparent are Royal Prince or Princess of Italy, Prince or Princess of Savoy and Royal Highness; the nephews of the King and their descendants Prince or Princess of Savoy and Serene Highness. By an amendment to this statute dated 12 May 1946, the qualification of Royal Highness was extended to all members of the House.
- This Stunning 1920's French Flapper Dress Is Covered With A Profusion Of Crisp-White Beadwork. All Those Beads Were Meticulously Placed And Sewn By Hand In A Beautiful Deco Floral Motif. A Labor Intensive Piece Like This Would Have Been Very High-Quality At The Time. This Garment Is Fashioned From Vibrant Rose-Pink Cotton That Is Strong And Very Wearable Today. The Simple Drop-Waist Style Is A Timeless Classic That Will Never Go Out Of Style. Embroidery With Beads Started Fading Out In 1928 As Fashion Turned To Smooth Printed Fabrics. This Garment Showcases The Final Flowering Of The Brilliant Art-Deco Era. Measurements Bust:38 Inches Drop Waist:32 Inches Hips:40 Inches Sleeve Length:16 Inches Total Length:43 Inches This Antique French Beaded Flapper Dress Is In Excellent Wearable Condition With No Rips, Holes Or Missing Beadwork. The Garment Is Completely Hand Sewn. Only Sign Of Age Is A Few Dirt Spot On The Right Side Of The Skirt. Please E-Mail For Detailed Pictures. This Garment Is Over 90 Years Old And Is Truly Breathtaking!
- View this item and discover similar end tables for sale at 1stdibs - Antique American piece, circa 1920, that have been restored by our master artisans. Finished in an absolutely STUNNING black lacquer that has been painstakingly
- ➳ Vintage 1920's Coat* Soft Sheared Beaver Fur* Trimmed In Fitch Fur* Wide Cuffed Sleeves* Tall Wrapped Collar* Two Button Closure In Front* Acetate Lining With Interior Pocket* Incredible Style And Details* From Herman & Ben Marks Fur Of Detroitcondition | Excellent Fits Like Smalllength 42"shoulders 16"sleeves 25"bust 38"waist 34"hips 42"
- Evening Bags and Minaudières. From our unique collection of Evening Bags and Minaudières, this piece is offered for sale online by Circa Vintage. Global shipping is available. Lovely hand stitched floral tapestry bag with beautiful onyx clasp fastening and chain handle. This piece is fully lined in pale pink silk with two small internal pockets. Made in Austria and in excellent condition.
- C.1920 Evening Dress In Gold Bullion With A Gorgeous Nouveau Floral Design. The Gown Has A Fly Front Bodice With Double Straps. The Bodice Is Pleated And Wraps At The Back. Gored Skirt Falls From Beneath The Bodice At The Slightly Dropped Waistline. Over Skirt In Black Chantilly Lace Falls In Gathers From The Edge Of The Bodice And Falls Lower Than The Skirt Hemline. Snap And Hook Closures At The Back Waistline.
- Au Bon Marché, Department Store, 24 Rue de Sèvres, Paris VII
- CHANEL COCO Eau De Parfum, 3.4 oz. Mysterious and provocative, the Eau de Parfum intrigues with top notes of Tunisian Orange Blossom and Sicilian Mandarin and a vibrant, woody trail. Now in a new, conveniently sized 1.2-oz. version of The Classic Bottle.