A lot of you have hear about the newspaper nails, but what about comic nails? Comic nails are playful and fun and add color to any outfit.... and they're SUPER easy to make. Plus, they look awesome on all nail lengths.
You with need:
- White nail polish
- Clear nail polish
- Your favorite comics
- Rubbing alcohol
- A small container
1) Search through your comics to find perfect fit for your nails. Try to keep the characters and bubbles tiny so you can easily see what is on each nail. Use smaller pictures for your pinky and larger pictures for your thumb. I used comics from the Sunday paper.
2) Cut a 2" square around the part you want on your nail and however many more you want for your other nails.
3) Apply a coat of clear nail polish to prevent staining
4) Apply a coat of white nail polish, let it dry, and apply another coat. The white will help make the comics pop! *insert expression bubble here*
5) Pour the rubbing alcohol into the small container, and dip the comic into the alcohol. Place the tiny image right over your nail and press on it for about 15 seconds. Make sure the white nail polish is COMPLETELY dry....like 30 minutes dry, or else this step won't work.
6) Gently peel it off and continue on the other nails.
7) [Optional] Use your own nail polish or pens to darken or lighten any spots to add more contrast.
8) Cover your nails with a thick top coat to prevent the ink from coming off and making it smooth and shiny!
Tada! I did this tonight, and it looks really cute. Tomorrow I'm doing my left hand with newspapers. :)
Try it out!
100% credit to cutepolish on Youtube