- At first glance, Hot Bread Kitchen may look like many other bakeries. Multigrain sandwich loaves, sourdough batards, baguettes and Parker House rolls line the glass case in the small shop. But so do sweet Mexican conchas, rich msmen flatbreads, mini bialys sporting a filling of caramelized onion, and chewy Indian naan. In fact, the breads are as diverse as the women who bake thembecause the recipes come from their homelands. Hot Bread Kitchen is a bakery that employs and empowers immigrant women, providing them with the skills to succeed in the culinary industry. The tasty corollary of this social enterprise is a line of authentic breads you wont find anywhere else. Featured in some of New York Citys best restaurants and carried in dozens of retail outlets across the country, these international gems can now be made at home with The Hot Bread Kitchen Cookbook.
- Similar itemWritten by an award-winning professor at the School Of Artisan Food in Nottinghamshire, How to Make Bread will help you begin your foray into artisinal baking. This beautifully illustrated, prize-winning cookbook offers over sixty recipes ranging from sourdoughs to pastries, and even amazing gluten-free breads. This step-by-step guide will make perfect reading for anyone longing to turn their kitchen into a mini home bakery.
- Similar itemGet help stepping your party up a few notches with this collection of recipes for small bites and finger-food—ideal for serving at parties or any social gathering, large or small. From delights like smoked eggplant purée to glazed baked chestnuts wrapped in bacon to mini candy cane meringues with whipped cream, you’ve got something for every party in every season.
- Similar itemIn this exquisite and very personal book, Martha Stewart welcomes you into her world, where she entertains in the expressive and beautiful style that she has made so famous. Whether a simple blueberry breakfast on a Sunday morning in Maine or a more lavish holiday dinner at Bedford, each of the gatherings is equally memorable, for what Martha cherishes above all is spending time and sharing delicious food with her family and friends. all of the events feature menus and stories for dreaming and planning, as well as delicious yet approachable recipes tomato and gruyre toast mini crab cakes with tarragon tartar sauce tiny tuna burgers leek and porcini risotto wild-mushroom lasagna braised short ribs roast turkey breast with sage butter rhubarb crumbles blueberry jam tartlets chocolate honey ice cream with butterscotch sauce plus some of Martha's favorite drinks, including pomegranate cosmopolitans and honeydew mojitos mix and match the recipes to create your own distinctive occasion set among Martha's dining rooms, kitchens, gardens, and patios, this is her most intimate book yet, a new classic for hosts and home cooks of every generation Hardcover. 432 pages. Measures 10.13x1.69x11.54". Imported.
- Leon's award winning mini recipe books are small but packed full of delicious recipes.Soups, Salads and Snacks is full of scrummy and healthy recipes for lighter meals.
The Art of the Cookie
A beautifully crafted cookie is a work of art and beloved by all. Still-warm cookies fresh from the oven are irresistibly enticing, and decorating the treats doubles the fun. Whether it’s a cookie exchange, holiday gathering, or Mother’s Day tea, decorated cookies are a sweet and memorable addition to any special occasion. The Art of Cookie presents over 40 recipes and inspiring decorating ideas. With a focus on transforming a simple cookie into a masterpiece, each recipe promises both exceptional flavor and visual appeal. The cookie recipes are divided into two main chapters. The first offers favorite and versatile roll-and-cut dough recipes, such as brown sugar cookies and gingerbread, followed by clever, yet simple ideas for decorating them: vibrant vanilla-sugar flowers; alphabet shapes flooded with icing and sprinkled with colorful sugars; and petits fours stacked to resemble a miniature wedding cake. The second chapter includes classics with a modern twist, such as sparkly macarons; wreath-shaped sugar cookies baked with lemon and thyme and decorated with icing ornaments; and striped cookies that taste and look like peppermint sticks. Recipes for various fillings to use with many of the cookies round out the collection. Packed with gorgeous color photographs, this book has all the encouragement and know-how you’ll need to create artful cookies that look as if they were purchased from a pastry shop. Hardcover. 128 pages.
- Like it to get in stock alerts