Created in the Polyvore iPhone app. http://www.polyvore.com/iPhone
Happy New Years! We are all starting off new. Most if us with resolutions. I never really understood the idea of a resolution. I mean, I knew what they where but WHY? Now I finally understand. People use them not just to change themselves for the better but also set goals helps you feel more accomplished by the end if the year. Every year my resolution would be to 'make a resolution next year' but, finally this year I will set a few.
1. Don't set such high standards.
- This kind of contradicts the whole idea of my resolutions but I'm such a perfectionist that I get really really mad at myself if I don't do something in the way it matches the image that I have. When this happens it truly scares me. I usually get really crabby for the rest of the day and won't let anyone else be happy. I also start to cry, a lot. All of this just discourages me even more so I will definitely be working hard on this one.
2. Sew more often.
- I love to sew but don't do it very much because it is time consuming. This must come to an end! From now on, whenever I have extra time I will start a project and finish it later when I have a little more time. This way things will get done, even if it is very slowly.
3. Random acts of kindness.
- These can include holding the door for someone or even complimenting someone on their outfit. I do these sometimes but not as often as I would want. RAOKs can also be bigger things like baking cupcakes for people at lunch or writing inspirational things on post it notes and leaving them places. Anything that would make someone's day just a little bit brighter.
4. Sketch/draw more.
- I love to sketch and draw just as much as I like to sew. I will start to do the same thing that I will do with my sewing projects. Draw a little one day and a little more the next.
5. Be nice.
- This one is kind of generic and overused. But, just overall BE NICE to people (and all living things) It's so important, yet some people just aren't. The second part of this resolution is to not hang around those who are not nice and to surround myself with other nice people.
That leads me to my last and probably most important resolution, for me anyway.
6. Make more friends.
- Right now I don't have too very many friends. I mean, I know a lot of people but I don't have a BEST friend. Someone who I can tell everything to. I especially need to find a new group of friends at lunch because the people I sit with now pretty much ruin the rest of my day and are very rude to me.
And that's all! I'm not sure if these are really completely resolutions but they definitely are important things for me to remember and follow in the new year.
Have a great 2013