Shop this look
- Similar itemThe Case Study Fiberglass Rocking Chair is an essential for the modern home and with so many options, it is possible to create your own one-of-a-kind chair. The shell is available in a myriad of colors. Choose your wire-frame in either zinc-plated steel or black powder-coated steel, and finish your design by choosing either solid maple runners or solid walnut runners. Easily one of the most important and recognizable designs of the twentieth century. The Fiberglass Shell Chairs were originally designed by Charles Eames in 1948 as an entry in The Museum of Modern Art’s International Design Competition. At the time, no one could possibly have anticipated the massive success and longevity of this iconoclastic design. Modernica creates each shell, by hand, one-by-one, in their Los Angeles factory—just as they had been designed, developed, and produced by the Eames Office, here in Southern California in the 1950s. Modernica uses all of the original presses and specialized equipment obtained from Century Plastics. To ensure authenticity of production, the initial shell chair production was overseen by Sol Fingerhut and Irv Green, the same team Charles Eames employed over sixty years ago to develop the original technology. Modernica is committed to the legacy of the authentic genuine design of Charles Eames. Modernica creates each chair with the charge of adhering to the original tactile qualities, texture, and characteristics that alone are unique to the fiberglass shell chair. Our fiberglass chairs contain no (PBDE) Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers.
- Similar itemThe Munro chesterfield sofa is made from a European hardwood frame, zig zag springs and is upholstered in leather. It features two large piped edged feather cushions that are notable for their depth. The back is deep buttoned and hand pleated. It has turned stained beech legs with brass plated wheels. This timeless and enduring sofa design had been remade by SCP. Large and robust, the chesterfield is comfortable, familiar and grand. Made in the UK. Shown in high quality Sorenson Utah Russett Leather. Additional fabrics available upon request.
- Similar itemZorro is a coffee table. Its minimalist and ingenious Z structure supports two overlaping trays reflecting one another. This very graphical table gives an impression of lightness and of movement. Zorro can also be combined and grow infinitely. DIMENSIONS: Upper tray: Diam. 31.5" x H 14" Lower tray: Diam 23.6".
- Similar itemThe Bungee chair combines the energy of fashion with the tactile creativity of latex, bungee, and rope. Created by a local New York City designer, this hyper-vivid piece pops in color and composition - florescent, functional, and fun.
- Classic and coastal meets floral and festive in this handcrafted blue cast stone and scallop shell mosaic. The hourglass shape creates an unexpected side table or nightstand. It can also be used as a stylish stool in a sunroom or beach cottage. 18 inches high x 15 inches wide x 15 inches deep. Constructed from stone. Finished in inlaid blue and white shells. Hand-cut intricate floral pattern. Use as a table or a stool.
- Similar itemBig and bold, the Anton Sectional is the ideal size to fit family, friends, and pets -- or to just spread out and relax.Our variety of fabrics ensures that whichever one you choose, your sectional will be covered in quality.The irresistible combination of a contemporary silhouette and plush cushions make the Anton Sectional a style staple.
- Similar itemSleek and urban, this solid wood coffee table features a unique geometric base design that supports a solid glass top. The hard to find square shape will fit perfectly in front of a sofa, sectional or grouping of upholstered club chairs in a living room, den or family room. The washed grey finish is neutral enough to compliment other wood pieces in your decor. Solid mahogany construction. Smooth edged glass top. Hand applied finish.
- Similar itemDesign by Dorigo Design. By Calligaris.The Element Coffee Table is an ideally minimalist low table for sofa-side spaces. Element features a trapezoidal wooden frame with a wood panel base that can be used as an extra shelf, centered beneath its 31.5" square top in toughened tempered glass. Select a wooden frame finish in addition to a choice of glass top finishes for a customized look that suits your room's aesthetic. Element is also available in a side table version.
- The subtle, organic form bridges the popular midcentury style with beautiful modern shapes and clean lines.The medium-firm cushions make it ideal for living rooms. Guests can rest comfortably without sinking into a slumber.Striking contrasts and bold graphic patterns pair well with subtle shapes, while muted, earth-happy tones are perfect for space-age style clocks and retro sunburst mirrors.
- Dimensions 22 X 18 X 28H. Navy.
- Similar itemOur Orange Louis Arm Chair re-imagines the formal lines of Louis XVI furniture in white lacquer and a limited edition orange felt. Polished nickel nail head trim adds twinkle to the tailored shape; the X-line back nods to formality with rosette details and mitered corners. A discreetly bold gesture to modernize your desk or dining table that's fab at the head of a table or next to a console.
- Similar itemAdd a stunning exotic accent to your living area with one of these hand-painted wooden end tables. The Arab-inspired design features a bright blue design complemented by white and black accents for a look that is sure to draw attention to the space.
- Designed by Charles Eames. The Fibreglass shell chairs by Modernica are the most authentic modern day versions of Charles Eames' original 1950s design. Often referred to as the most significant furniture design of the 20th century, the chairs are built in Los Angeles by the founding craftsmen on the original press. This dowel chair is available with a maple/black , maple/ zinc-plated steel , walnut/black and walnut/ zinc-plated steel base. See below for other base options. We endeavour to stock all shell and base options but if we don't have stock, the lead time is 12-14 weeks. If you would like to check stock before ordering, please call us on +44 207 739 1869. /// Choose from a wide range of side or arm shell colours and chair base options to make your perfect chair. Base options include dowel legs in walnut or maple, eiffel base in chrome or black, rocker base in walnut or maple and the five star roller base. Find out more and see a video of how the chairs are made here. The Fibreglass shell chairs by Modernica are the most authentic modern day versions of Charles Eames' original 1950s design. Often referred to as the most significant furniture design of the 20th century, the chairs are built in Los Angeles by the founding craftsmen on the original press. Easily one of the most important and recognisable designs of the twentieth century, the Fiberglass shell chairs were originally designed in 1948, as an entry in The Museum of Modern Art’s International Design Competition. In the early fifties, fiberglass was considered an high tech material. Initially, the shells were produced by Zenith Plastics, early pioneers of developing fiberglass for household and military applications. Using the original 1950s presses and specialised equipment, Modernica creates each shell, by hand, one-by-one, in their Los Angeles factory. Just as they had been designed, developed, and produced in Southern California in the 1950s. The shells are produced with a mixture of resin and glass fibers making it lightweight, yet heavy-duty. The chair bases have been cleverly designed to provide a number of leg options that can be easily fixed to either the arm shell or the side shell. Width 46 cm Height 83 cm Depth 40.5 cm SeatHeight 43 cm