- Available in: NOOK Book (eBook), Paperback, Hardcover, Audiobook. Dont miss The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, soon to be a major motion picture in theaters August 2013.When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she
- The demon Lilith has been destroyed and Jace has been freed from her captivity. But when the Shadowhunters arrive to rescue him, they find only blood and broken glass. Not only is the boy Clary loves missing–but so is the boy she hates, Sebastian, the son of her father Valentine: a son determined to succeed where their father failed, and bring the Shadowhunters to their knees.
No magic the Clave can summon can locate either boy, but Jace cannot stay away—not from Clary. When they meet again Clary discovers the horror Lilith’s dying magic has wrought—Jace is no longer the boy she loved. He and Sebastian are now bound to each other, and Jace has become what he most feared: a true servant of Valentine’s evil. The Clave is determined to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other. Will the Shadowhunters hesitate to kill one of their own?
Only a small band of Clary and Jace’s friends and family believe that Jace can still be saved — and that the fate of the Shadowhunters’ future may hinge on that salvation. They must defy the Clave and strike out on their own. Alec, Magnus, Simon and Isabelle must work together to save Jace: bargaining with the sinister Faerie Queen, contemplating deals with demons, and turning at last to the Iron Sisters, the reclusive and merciless weapons makers for the Shadowhunters, who tell them that no weapon on this earth can sever the bond between Sebastian and Jace. Their only chance of cutting Jace free is to challenge Heaven and Hell — a risk that could claim any, or all, of their lives.
And they must do it without Clary. For Clary has gone into the heart of darkness, to play a dangerous game utterly alone. The price of losing the game is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. She’s willing to do anything for Jace, but can she even still trust him? Or is he truly lost? What price is too high to pay, even for love?
Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.
- The Home Page for Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Available in: NOOK Book (eBook), Paperback, Hardcover, Audiobook. Dont miss The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, soon to be a major motion picture in theaters August 2013.True love is shrouded in secrets and lies in the #1 New York Times bestselling second boo
- The Last Olympian is a well written ending to an excellent series, with the promise of more to come. The prophesized battle between the Olympic Gods and the Titans starts in the first chapter, and proceeds with all haste through all 381 pages. Though marketed as “Young Adult” fare, this series is entertaining and enjoyable...
- The Sea of Monsters is the second book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series written by...
- Available in: NOOK Book (eBook), Paperback, Hardcover, Audiobook. In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line
- Available in: NOOK Book (eBook), Paperback, Hardcover, Audiobook. Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Pe
- "An action packed suspenseful story that had my eyes glued to the page and tears falling...Silence is another fascinating, memorable, heart-breaking, story." (Dark Readers) "The perfect escape into fantasy and a love that can break all boundaries." (Sugarscape) "Heady read for the teens of the family." (Liverpool Echo) "I really enjoyed Silence. It was a great instalment in the series." (Cheezyfeet Books) "An enjoyable read...I'm really excited to see where book four will take us." (Book aholics) "dark, sexy and compelling" (The Book seller) "action-packed and creepy... quite simply amazing" (Once Upon A Book shelf) "an enthralling sequel... this series is still the best of the angel bunch" (Wondrous Reads)" --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
- The Lying Game #4: Hide and Seek: Amazon.ca: Sara Shepard: Books