Official Rules and Regulations Official Star Style Challenge Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS STAR STYLE CHALLENGE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING THIS STAR STYLE CHALLENGE, ENTRANTS ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility. This contest (“Star Style Challenge”) is open to registered users of Polyvore who are legal residents of the fifty U.S. states or the District of Columbia and 18 years of age or older. Officers, directors, and employees of Polyvore, Inc (the “Sponsor”), Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (the “Challenge Partner”), and any other party having responsibility for the development or administration of this Star Style Challenge, and the immediate family members (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse) of the foregoing, are prohibited from entering the Star Style Challenge. Any violation of the Official Rules may result in disqualification. The Sponsor has no obligation to notify violators of their disqualification.
2. Entry Period. Star Style Challenge begins February 7, 2012 12:01am PST and ends February 16, 2012 11:59pm PST (the “Entry Period”). All entries must be received during the Entry Period.
4. Winner Selection & Notification. Winners will be selected by the Challenge Partner with input from Sponsor. Winning entries will be judged based on creativity, positive representation of brand message, composition and style expertise. Winners will be announced on Polyvore Star Style Challenge page on or about February 26, 2012 (the “Decision Deadline”). The Sponsor will attempt to contact each potential winner by email (“Selection Notification”) within the 7 days prior to the Decision Deadline at the email address provided in the entrant information. Recipients of Selection Notifications must respond to the Selection Notification within three (3) days from the date the Selection Notification has been sent. If a potential winner does not respond within that time, the potential winner forfeits all rights to the prize and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Winners must meet the eligibility requirements for the Star Style Challenge as described above. The Sponsor will determine whether each potential winner who has responded to the Selection Notification within the time allowed meets those requirements. Potential winners who do not meet the eligibility requirements for the Star Style Challenge will be disqualified and alternate winners may be selected. All decisions of the Challenge Partner and Sponsor regarding this Star Style Challenge are final and binding in all respects. Star Style Challenge is void where prohibited.
5. THE GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a three day, two night trip to Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York City in September, 2012.
The Grand Prize includes: round-trip, domestic, coach-class airfare for two (2) (from major airport near winner’s and/or guests’ physical place of residence at time of entry, which airport will be chosen by the Sponsor); two (2) nights hotel accommodations at a four-star hotel (hotel to be determined at the discretion of Sponsor) in one (1) standard, double occupancy room, and ground transportation to and from the airport and the hotel in New York. The Grand Prize does not include meals, room service, or other incidentals.
The trip must take place during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week September 2012, (for two nights and three days during that period as selected by Sponsor). The winner will receive two (2) invitations to Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week (fashion show, date, location of show, and seating are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor).
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize goods and services is $3,200 US. Any additional tax obligation that the winner may be liable for is the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner is responsible for all federal, state, and local income taxes and other taxes associated with the prize. Sponsor will comply with all tax reporting requirements. Actual value of prize may vary based on point of origination and airfare fluctuations. The Grand Prize Winner and travel companions must possess required travel documents (e.g. valid government-issued photo ID) prior to departure. The Grand Prize Winner and travel companion must travel together from the same airport. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18) and must sign a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Travel must be booked at least two (2) weeks prior to travel. Travel dates and arrangements are to be determined and are subject to availability and some restrictions may apply. Travel is subject to airline schedule changes. If the residence of the Grand Prize Winner is less than 100 miles from Lincoln Center, NYC, transportation may be via personal car service at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Grand Prize Winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen invitations. If Grand Prize Winner is unable to complete trip on the dates selected by the Sponsor, the Grand Prize Winner shall forfeit the prize in its entirety and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected as specified above, time permitting. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for meals, taxes, gratuities, luggage charges, other ground transportation, and all other expenses not expressly specified herein.
If, for whatever reason, the event associated with the Grand Prize is cancelled after the prize is awarded, then Sponsor’s liability for the Grand Prize is limited only to the non-event portions of the Grand Prize. No compensation will be paid in lieu of the cancelled event. The invitations to the event are subject in all respect to terms and conditions set forth on the invitations and any requirements of the facility hosting the event. The Grand Prize Winner is strictly prohibited from selling, auctioning, trading or otherwise transferring the invitations (event, airline, and otherwise) unless Sponsor consents in writing. The Grand Prize Winner’s travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to the issuance of travel documents. There is no cash value of any prize.6. Taxes. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, related to the acceptance and/or use of the prize, if any, are a winner’s sole responsibility. Neither the Sponsor nor the Challenge Partner shall have any obligation to pay any taxes related to awarding the prizes.
7. Ownership and License. All entry materials (including Entries) become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entry into this Star Style Challenge constitutes entrant’s irrevocable and perpetual permission and consent, without further compensation or attribution, to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, print, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance, and display such Entry for any purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes by the Sponsor, and/or others authorized by the Sponsor, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world, for the duration of the copyright in the Entry. The Sponsor, and/or others authorized by Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, and modify the Entry.
8. Consent and Indemnification. Entrants are solely responsible for their own actions and agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, the Challenge Partner, their parents, subsidiaries, divisions and related companies and the officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, assigns and licensees from any liability for losses, damages or injuries arising in connection with their participation in the Star Style Challenge or the award of a prize.
9. Disclaimers. (i) Entries that are lost, received after the Entry Period, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at the Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible for consideration in the Star Style Challenge. Entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person that it determines has tampered with the entry process, the integrity of the voting process, or the operation of the Sponsor’s web site. Use of bots or other automated process to enter Star Style Challenges is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. (iii) the Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Star Style Challenge if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) the Sponsor is not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Star Style Challenge, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Star Style Challenge based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) THE SPONSOR AND CHALLENGE PARTNER MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS STAR STYLE CHALLENGE OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SPONSOR’S WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE STAR STYLE CHALLENGE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. Miscellaneous. This Star Style Challenge is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is not available to those residing in jurisdictions where such Star Style Challenges are prohibited. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Star Style Challenge will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by binding arbitration under the auspices of JAMS (Judicial Arbitration and Medication Service) in New York City, New York. These Official Rules will bind all Star Style Challengeants, and their respective heirs, representatives, successors and permitted assigns. These Official Rules supersede any prior oral or written agreements relating to rules or procedures for the Star Style Challenge. These Official Rules may be changed at any time, but only by the Sponsor and only by posting new rules on the Sponsor’s web site. These Official Rules will not be construed to impose upon the Sponsor or the Challenge Partner any obligations for any losses, debts or other obligations incurred by any Star Style Challenge participant.
11. Sponsor. This Star Style Challenge is sponsored by Polyvore, Inc., with its principal place of business at 100 View Street Suite 101, Mountain View, CA 94041.