Official Rules and Regulations NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND REPRESENT THAT THEY SATISFY ALL OF THE ELIGIBLITY REQUIREMENTS IN PARAGRAPH 1 BELOW.
1. Eligibility. This contest (“Contest”) is open to registered users of Polyvore who are legal residents of at least one of the fifty U.S. states (excluding Rhode Island) or the District of Columbia and are 18 years of age or older. If you are not a resident of these areas, you are not eligible to win a prize and Polyvore, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) reserves the right not to award prizes to entrants who reside in other jurisdictions. Officers, directors, and employees of (a) the Sponsor or any other party having responsibility for the development or administration of this Contest, (b) Twitter (Twitter or the “Social Media Site”) and (c) the immediate family members (e.g., parents, children, siblings, spouse) of the foregoing, are prohibited from entering the Contest. Any violation of the Official Rules may result in disqualification. The Sponsor has no obligation to notify violators of their disqualification.
2. Contest Period. The Contest Period begins July 8, 2013 at 9:00am PST and ends July 13, 2013 at 9:00am PST (the “Deadline”). Within the Contest Period there will be five (5) separate one-day contests (each a “One-Day Contest”) with a prize presented for each (each, a “24 Hour Prize”). All entries for 24 Hour Prizes must be received by the specific End Time specified below for each 24 Hour Prize. The timing for the 24 Hour Prizes is as follows:
Two-Day Contest Start Time End Time
First One-Day Contest 9:00am, July 8, 2013 9:00am, July 9, 2013
Second One-Day Contest 9:00am, July 9, 2013 9:00am, July 10, 2013
Third One-Day Contest 9:00am, July 10, 2013 9:00am, July 11, 2013
Fourth One-Day Contest 9:00am, July 11, 2013 9:00am, July 12, 2013
Fifth One-Day Contest 9:00am, July 12, 2013 9:00am, July 13, 2013
Note: All times are U.S. Pacific time and are approximate.
3. How to Enter the Contest.
24 Hour Prizes. Entrants visit the Sponsor’s website at http://www.polyvore.com (“Sponsor’s Website”) to create an interior or collage (a “Set”) using the tools provided on Sponsor’s Website. Each such Set is an “Entry.” To win each 24 Hour Prize, the entrant must create an Entry that includes the answer to the overall theme of the each Contest.
Clues: A clue will be posted each day at approximately 9:00am, Pacific time, starting on July 8, 2013 and ending on July 13, 2013 (the “Clue Period”). During the Clue Period, the clue posting will be on Twitter.
4. Winner Selection & Notification. Winners will be selected by Sponsor. Winning entries will be judged based on creativity, composition and style expertise. In addition, the winning Entry for the each 24 Hour Prize must include the answer to the theme of the Contest.
The winners of each 24 Hour Prize will be announced on the Sponsor’s Website within thirty (30) days following the end of the Contest Period (the “Decision Deadline”).
The Sponsor will attempt to contact each winner (“Selection Notification”) at the email address provided in the entrant information or through a Polyvore message to the winner. Recipients of Selection Notifications must respond to the Selection Notification within seven (7) days from the date the Selection Notification has been sent. If a winner does not respond within that time, the winner forfeits all rights to the prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners must meet the eligibility requirements for the Contest as described above. The Sponsor will determine whether each winner who has responded to the Selection Notification within the time allowed meets those requirements. Winners who do not meet the eligibility requirements for the Contest will be disqualified and alternate winners may be selected. All decisions of the judges regarding this Contest are final and binding in all respects.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
The winner of the first 24 Hour Prize will receive one (1) Bond No. 9 New York Set of 5 Travel Candles with a retail value of approximately ninety-five U.S. Dollars ($95.00). The winner of the second 24 Hour Prize will receive one (1) Missoni Bianconero Scented Candle, with a retail value of approximately seventy-eight U.S. Dollars ($78). The winner of the third 24 Hour Prize will receive one (1) Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Bomblicious Scneted Candle with a retail value of approximately sixty-five U.S. Dollars ($65.00). The winner of the fourth 24 Hour Prize will receive one (1) Kilian Beyond Love Candle, with a retail value of approximately eighty-five U.S. Dollars ($85). The winner of the fifth 24 Hour Prize will receive one L’Objet Porcelain Candle/Coral, with a retail value of approximately ninety-five U.S. Dollars ($95).
Sponsor will select the colors and type of candles at its sole discretion.
No substitution of prizes is permitted except by Sponsor. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
Actual model, color, accessories and features of each prize awarded will be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion and may vary from photos used in print and in advertising, including the Sponsor web site.
6. Taxes. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, related to the acceptance and/or use of the prize, if any, are a winner’s sole responsibility. Neither the Sponsor nor the Social Media Site shall have any obligation to pay any taxes related to awarding the prizes.
7. Ownership and License. All entry materials (including Entries) become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entry into this Contest constitutes entrant’s irrevocable and perpetual permission and consent, without further compensation or attribution, to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, print, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance, and display such Entry for any purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes by the Sponsor, and/or others authorized by the Sponsor, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world, for the duration of the copyright in the Entry. The Sponsor, and/or others authorized by Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, and modify the Entry. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's ownership rights as set forth above in this paragraph.
8. Release. By entering the Contest, entrant releases Sponsor, participating sponsors, the Social Media Site, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
9. Use of Winner’s Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use winners' name, address, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winners may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, address, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
10. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability.
11. Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after September 1, 2013 and before September 1, 2014 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Polyvore “Summer Reruns” Scavenger Hunt Winners List. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Polyvore “Summer Reruns” Scavenger Hunt Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
12. Consent and Indemnification. Entrants are solely responsible for their own actions and agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, the Social Media Site, their parents, subsidiaries, divisions and related companies and the officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, assigns and licensees from any liability for losses, damages or injuries arising in connection with their participation in the Contest or the award of a prize.
13. Disclaimer. Sponsor, all participating sponsors, the Social Media Site and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies will not be responsible for entries that are lost, received after the Entry Period, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at the Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible for consideration in the Contest. The Sponsor is not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Contest, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Contest based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. THE SPONSOR AND SOCIAL MEDIA SITE MAKES NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS CONTEST OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE.
14. Disqualification. The Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person that it determines has violated Sponsor’s terms of service at http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/terms-of-service, Sponsor’s Community Guidelines at http://help.polyvore.com/entries/20927627-community-guidelines, or the Official Contest Rules, tampered with the entry process, the integrity of the voting process, or the operation of the Sponsor’s web site. Use of bots or other automated process to enter Contests is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort.
15. Miscellaneous. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is not available to those residing in jurisdictions where such contests are prohibited. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without reference to its choice of law rules. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by binding arbitration under the auspices of JAMS (Judicial Arbitration and Medication Service) in Santa Clara, California. These Official Rules will bind all contestants, and their respective heirs, representatives, successors and permitted assigns. These Official Rules supersede any prior oral or written agreements relating to rules or procedures for the Contest. These Official Rules may be changed at any time, but only by the Sponsor and only by posting new rules on the Sponsor’s web site. These Official Rules will not be construed to impose upon the Sponsor or the Social Media Site any obligations for any losses, debts or other obligations incurred by any Contest participant.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the Social Media Site, Bond No. 9 New York, MIssoni, Viktor & Rolf, Kilian or L’Objet Porcelain. All marks are the trademarks of their respective owners.
11. Sponsor. This Contest is sponsored by Polyvore, Inc., with its principal place of business at 100 View Street Suite 101, Mountain View, CA 94041.