protect the privacy of our users. This Policy applies to your use of our website and any related services (the "Website")
under the domain polyvore.com. By using or visiting the Website you agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do
not agree with this Policy, please do not use the Website.
Information Gathered by Us
- Information Submitted by a user
- Polyvore collects personal information when you register or request information from us. The personal information we
collect is listed below:
- Login Name
- Email address
You may change your personal information by signing in to your Polyvore account and select
"edit my account".
- If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us
correspondence about your activities or postings on the Site, we may collect such information into a file
specific to you.
- You may also enter another person's email to share a set. In this circumstance, we collect the
following information about the recipient:
- Non-submitted Information Collected
- The Website may also collect non-personal information not associated with your identity.
We collect this data to improve the Website. The non-submitted information we collect is listed below:
- Data transferred
- Browser type and version
- Operating system
- Polyvore follows the guidelines established by the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA).
Therefore, we will never knowingly accept or solicit personally identifiable information from a user known to be
under the age of thirteen (13). If you have a concern, please refer to our Terms of Service for information on
how to notify us.
Use of Gathered Information
- Use of the Submitted Information
- We will not sell or rent Your personal information to others, except to the extent necessary to fulfill any
requests by You to share content through another Website or partner.
- Your email may be used to answer any requests made by you, or to provide status updates around the Website or
- Polyvore may combine Your information with other information about You that Polyvore receives from other sources.
- We may aggregate (gather up data across all user accounts) personal information and disclose such information in
a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional
purposes. However, in these situations, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used
to identify you personally.
- Your User ID and any content you generate are displayed throughout the Site. Therefore this data is available
to the public. All of your activities on the Site will be identifiable to your User ID. Other people can see your
items, sets, comments, and any other content you have created on the Website.
- Finally, we do not use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated
to the ones described above, without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out.
- We take a reasonable effort to protect your personal information stored in our database. Access to your
personal information is limited to our authorized staff who need that information to perform their job functions.
- Your password is stored in a encrypted form which makes it computationally impossible for anyone, including us,
to derive the plain text password from it.
Legal disclaimer disclosure
- We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we
believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order,
or legal process served on the Website.
- Polyvore reserves the right to change or modify the Policy at any time, without prior notice, by posting
the modified Policy on the Website. Your continued use of the Website indicates your acceptance of any revised Policy.
Notice of Change
- Polyvore may provide you with notifications that include, without limitation, any changes that
are made to the Policy or other Website related service, by postings on the Website or via email to a user.