Just inOn sale
- Westies and Roses GicleeFramed canvas giclee print from Joseph Sulkowski, a premiere dog and sporting artist who paints in a 17th century tradition with light and luminous shadow integral to his technique. Signed limited edition of 150 with Certificate of Authenticity. 25 ½" X 21 ½" overall; giclee itself 19 ½" x 15 ½".
- Crowned Oval Mirror Ant Gold BeveledA feather burst crowned with a sprig of flowers over an Adam oval. Delicate scrolling wirework cascades into flowers lifted by sculpted leaved tendrils. Hand-applied antique gold leaf over wood with antique patina. Beveled mirror. Made in America. Hangers included, as are hanging and cleaning instructions. 27”W x 53”h.
- Handmade Leather Books BookendsThese tasteful bookends featuring antique Florentine work are handmade in Italy, exclusively for us, of leather over wood. Not only will they show off a selection of your favorite volumes, but also they will support particularly heavy ones. 5 ½"W x 6"d x 9"h.
- Halcyon Days Golf Ball BonbonniereAn absolutely delightful and quirky special gift for an avid golfer. This little screw-top copper box features goldplated accents and a message that reads "Work is for people who don't play golf". It is an ideal gift for a study desk or an office. Handmade and hand-painted in England by Halcyon Days. Box measures approximately 1 ¾" h. X 1 ½" d.
- Pair Blue/White Chinese Pattern UrnsExclusively at Scully & Scully, these lovely urns reproducing an 18th century piece are handpainted with a Chinese pattern with generous use of gold and very effective touches of red. The rounded octagonal shape lends itself perfectly to a mantelpiece or other special place in your home. 6" Diameter x 10"h.
- Halcyon Days "Mothers are Like Buttons" Enamel BoxDesigned by Scully & Scully and exclusively ours. Copper box handmade and hand-enameled in England with 24 kARAT goldplated fittings. More buttons painted inside lid. Can be personalized inside base: please allow four weeks. 1 11 ⁄ 16 ” Diameter x 13 ⁄ 16 ”h.
- Halcyon Days Thank You for Friendship True Box (Assorted)This lovely box is the perfect gift for a special friend. The thoughtful words on the front are hand written and hand enameled by the talented Halcyon Days artists in the heart of England. Box measures approximately 2" l. X 1 ½" w. X 1" h.
- Limoges Box Blue Beach Chair Red HatThese amusing porcelain collectibles are handmade and handpainted in France, with brass fittings. The cat in the bag is 1 ½"w x 1 5 ⁄ 8 "d x 2 ½"h. It has a skein of yarn drawn inside, and a decorative bow fastener. The beach chair is 2"w x 2 ¾"d x 2 ¼"h, with starfish painted on the front and back of the base. Each is limited edition and numbered.
- Herend Reserve Collection Mermaid on ShellDepictions of mythical mermaids differ strongly. Sometimes they are sirens of the sea luring sailors to their deaths with their song. Other times they are keepers of the ocean charged with rescuing mankind from accidents. Regardless of the mermaid’s intent, the legends agree that they are elusive, alluring beauties. Herend’s mermaid, with her soft smile, is not sharing her secrets today but even without her song, she still enchants. Perched on a giant clam shell with its pearlized core exposed, she holds a 24K gold tulip shell - maybe a silent invitation to the riches of the watery depths below. Blue layered upon green strokes of color comprise her key lime fishnet- the perfect camouflage for a water nymph. Perhaps not even her porcelain skin will prevent her from slipping away to once again entice and confound seafarers everywhere. Limited Edition Size 250. (9"L X 10"H)
- Handpainted Black Lacquer Chinoiserie Mantel ClockBlack lacquered case is burnished and individually handpainted exclusively for Scully & Scully. Fine decorative detail is achieved by adding layers of gesso, gold leaf and the final artwork. Fitted with polished movement with 9 jewel platform escapement, chime silencer, automatic chime sequence correction and night silencer. Movement plays Westminster, Whittington and St. Michael melodies. Solid brass dial has silver finish chapter ring and cast brass spandrels. Beveled glasses are fitted on all sides. 8 5 ⁄ 8 "W x 6 ½"d x 15"h.
- Handtooled Round Leather WastebasketsWastebaskets you won't want to hide under the desk, in six colors. Handmade in America in top grain leather handtooled in gold. Exclusively at Scully & Scully and available in red, burgundy (shown), green, navy, brown or black. 10" Diameter x 13"h.
- Halcyon Days "Friends are Like Stars" Enamel BoxDesigned by Scully & Scully and exclusively ours. Handmade hand-enameled copper box from England has 24 karat goldplated fittings. Stars painted inside lid. Can be personalized inside base: please allow four weeks. Measures 1 11 ⁄ 16 ” diameter x 13 ⁄ 16 ”h.
- Spring CabbageStunning hand-sculpted handpainted hard-paste porcelain figures created by an American artist using the same painstaking technique made faous by Imperial Chinese porcelain artists. Each piece is bisque fired, then high glaze fired, then fired with on-glaze enamels multiple times to create remarkable depth and brilliance in the colors. Each is signed and dated. 9 ½" Diam x 4 ¾"h.
- Herend Reserve Collection Canadian DucksTwo impressive painting techniques combined in one striking figurine: symphonic fishnet coupled with faux bois! Two Canadian ducks pose in their feathery finest with alternating colors of yellow, green, brown and terracotta fishnet offset by dramatic gold highlights. Their coy expression could be attributed to the fact that they know a secret: the logs they are sitting on aren’t real. Herend artists have done a masterful job painting in the faux bois style and only a close-inspection reveals the true porcelain composition. Limited Edition 250. (9.5"L X 7.75"H)
- Porcelain Dinnerware Set, Light Green and GoldOld trade art meets modern design with this selection of porcelain dinnerware from Germany decorated with rich and vibrant colors. They are handmade and hand decorated with gold trim. Available in assorted pieces and in additional colors.
- Halcyon Days 'Time Flies, Friendship Stays' Enamel BoxA vibrant enamel box depicting the flight of time. Halcyon Days revives the 18th century art of enameling on copper for today’s connoisseur. Their exquisite boxes from England are meticulously handmade and hand-enameled with 24k goldplated fittings, employing the same techniques as those used by the original artisans. Measures 1 ½"d x 7 ⁄ 8 "h.
- Halcyon Days The Triumph of Delft Musical Enamel BoxA design inspired by the Ceramic Collection of Queen Mary II, this ornate musical box plays "Trumpet Tune in D Major" composed by Jeremiah Clarke in 1699. Measures 3 ¾"l x 3 1 ⁄ 8 "w x 2 1 ⁄ 8 "h. Handmade and hand-enameled in England with 24k goldplated fittings.
- Rondel Mirror with EagleAn ebonized eagle flocked by acanthus leaves perches atop a robust rondel embellished with a chain-like motif. Ebonized insert holds large convex mirror. Frame is hand-molded wood composite hand-finished and handpainted with gold leaf. Made in America. Hangers included, as are hanging and cleaning instructions. 36"W x 44"h.
- Daum 'Pate De Verre' Crystal Owl on BookA wise owl sits eloquently atop a large tome. The rare and ancient "Pâte de Verre" glassmaking technique, which dates back to 5,000 BC, involves melting many fragments of colored crystal within a mold. This results in intense colors and subtle shading. Measures 2 ¼” x 1 7 ⁄ 8 ” x 3 ¼”h. Handmade in France.
- Herend Fish Scale GoldWhile it has often been used as a complement to Herend's patterns, this dramatic decorative border really comes into its own when it gets top billing. Fish scale is available in multiple shapes in 8 colors: raspberry, rust, brown, gold, two shades of blue and two shades of green.
- Four-Drawer Jewelry Case GreenBeautifully designed to maximize capacity, this case is handmade in Italy for us of black or green leather, lined in velvet. There are four drawers: the top one has lift-out loops to secure six watches, and an additional compartment. The second has two center compartments and two front-to-back ring slots. The third has two compartments, and the fourth is all one compartment. Every compartment has a lift-out protective pad. Two ring straps in lid. Two combination locks. 12"W x 7 ¼"d x 7 ¼"h (not including handle). Exclusively at Scully & Scully.
- Baccarat "Our Fire" CandleholdersMade entirely out of the finest Baccarat crystal, the piece has three basic components: a beveled candlestick base, a candleholder inspired by the form of Baccarat’s iconic Harcourt glass, and a crystal lampshade with a glistening metallic finish. Starck’s innovative design brings a fresh wave of inspiration to the storied Baccarat brand: this is the first product for which Baccarat has ever used a metallic finish. The flickering candlelight is made even more magnificent filtered through the crystal luminescence. Each candlestick has the Baccarat by Starck signature imprinted on it. Shades come in Silver and Gold. 4 7 ⁄ 8 " X 12 ¾" h.
- Zebra Skin Print WastebasketThe artwork really looks like zebra fur! Handcrafted with great care and durable enough for everyday use, yet unusually and conveniently lightweight with a washable finish. Basswood with decoupage exquisitely colored and glazed in a twenty-step process. Made in America and signed by the artist. 10 ¼" Square at top x 14"h with more of the print inside the bottom.
- Snyder's FigsStunning hand-sculpted handpainted hard-paste porcelain figures created by an American artist using the same painstaking technique made faous by Imperial Chinese porcelain artists. Each piece is bisque fired, then high glaze fired, then fired with on-glaze enamels multiple times to create remarkable depth and brilliance in the colors. Each is signed and dated. 6 ¼" X 2 ¾" x 4"h.
- Halcyon Days Cheetah & Stag with Two Indians Enamel BoxThis exquisite painting, Cheetah and Stag with Two Indians, by George Stubbs (1724-1806), was painted around 1765 to honor a gift of a cheetah that Governor of Madras, George Pigot, gave to King George III. Being the ranger at Windsor Castle, the Duke of Cumberland was given the animal to look after for his nephew, the King. Wanting to see how cheetahs attack their prey, he put the cheetah and a stag in an area enclosed by netting and waited. Surprising everyone, the stag stood its ground, throwing the cheetah into the air and causing the feline to flee into nearby woods. Stubbs' accurate portrayal of the cheetah's trepidation towards leaving the arms of its handlers and approaching the stag retells this enchanted story. Gold-mounted and red leather lined, this Objet d'Art is as visually captivating as the painting itself. Measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/2" x 1 1/2"h.
- Herend Reserve Collection Sea Life VaseFrom the 2008 Frankfurt collection, a dramatically painted vase and bowl offer a peek into an underwater paradise. Depending on the piece, lionfish, powder blue sturgeon, clownfish, and threadfin butterflyfish (among others) play around coral and kelp. While Herend is famous for its fishnet painting, for these sea life vignettes Herend artists have wisely chosen to use a natural coloration thereby maximizing the detail and beauty of the tropical fish. The aquatic landscape is further enhanced by various shades of blue which give the viewer a sense of depth while hinting at the tropical sun shining overhead. (15"H X 9.5"W)
- Nelson Terrestrial Floor Globe MahoganyBased very closely on designs from 1790 to 1850, on mahogany stands with solid brass meridian rings. Delicately colored gores are copied directly from period papers. Terrestrial globes are made with facsimile 19th century maps. Celestial globe has constellations depicted by mythical beasts and figures. Floor models each have compass in base. Wellington Terrestrial Floor Globe (larger) is 25” diameter x 42”h; globe itself is 18”.
- Trompe l'Oeil Renaissance Angel with MandolinDecorate for the season with a free-standing or wall-mounted firescreen-style angel printed in pigment varnished onto a flat wood board. Standing version has an easel that extends 4" back. Wall-mounted version has a hanging fixture on the back. Made in America exclusively for Scully & Scully. Measures 9 1/4"w x 15 3/4"h x 1/4" thick.
- Herend Reserve Collection Large GiraffeHerend’s newest figurine will no doubt incite similar curiosity to those first “diplomatic” giraffes since their newest introduction is an ambassador of creativity. Showcasing an unusual spin on traditional fishnet, the reserve collection giraffe features a modified fishnet made to look like animal print. This new fishnet technique is a complex process. It takes one artist over 20 hours to paint since it requires much concentration as the artist has to create “unnatural” breaks to mimic the spots - contrary to the usual, fluid style involved with painting fishnet. Limited Edition 250. (15.5"H)
- Royal Crown Derby Baby Indian Elephant PaperweightHandmade porcelain figurine from England's Royal Crown Derby has a stopper so that it can be filled with sand to serve as a paperweight. 3" X 1 5 ⁄ 8 " x 2 1 ⁄ 8 "h. It is shown with the N1055 Indian Elephant Medium Baby and the N1057 Indian Elephant Mother. These elephants are exclusively ours.
- Snyder's ArtichokeStunning hand-sculpted handpainted hard-paste porcelain figures created by an American artist using the same painstaking technique made faous by Imperial Chinese porcelain artists. Each piece is bisque fired, then high glaze fired, then fired with on-glaze enamels multiple times to create remarkable depth and brilliance in the colors. Each is signed and dated.
- Beach Scene Limoges BoxThe constant symbols of a day at the beach -- lighthouse, shell, fish, anchor and starfish -- in a handmade, handpainted porcelain collectible box from France, surrounded with a wave design. Brass fittings and a starfish fastener. 2 ¾"W x 2 1 ⁄ 8 "d x 2 ½"h.
- Mottahedeh WaterdanceThe Waterdance service features delicately-colored carp, catfish and chong gue chong fish interpreted from Chinese watercolors originally created for export between 1790 and 1850 for the British market. Watercolors featuring flowers, fruits, birds and fish, painted by anonymous Chinese artists were highly sought after by Europeans and Americans for their fine quality and life-like character. The fish that inspired the design for the service are from a set of watercolor drawings now in the Winterthur Library.
- Decoupage Ostrich Egg with Elephants & Pewter StandIn the tradition of ancient Nubia, these beautiful scenes are reproduced from paintings by African and international artists. Exclusively ours, the wonderful coloration comes from approximately fifty layers of lacquer. Only unfertilized emptied shells are used, and each is unique in size and shape. The ones shown average 4 ½" diameter x 7"h.
- Happy Birthday Enamel BoxHistory in the re-making... Halcyon Days revives the 18th century art of enameling on copper for today’s connoisseur. Exquisite little boxes from England are meticulously handmade and hand-enameled with 24k goldplated fittings -- the same techniques used by the original artisans. Designed by Scully & Scully and exclusively ours. 1 ¾" Diameter x ¾" h.
- Daum 'Pate De Verre' Crystal Edge OwlsDelightful owl heads in a variety of unique color combinations. The rare and ancient "Pâte de Verre" glassmaking technique, which dates back to 5,000 BC, involves melting many fragments of colored crystal within a mold. This results in intense colors and subtle shading. Each measures 2 3 ⁄ 8 "d x 2 1 ⁄ 8 "h. Handmade in France.