Just inOn sale
- Shake: A New Perspective On CocktailsShake , a new book from the creators of the Mason Jar Shaker , explores a seasonal and straightforward approach to drinks and entertaining. Reminding us that mixing cocktails should be simple, social and, above all, fun, this unique book is a welcome addition to any home bar. Full of tasty, unfussy recipes, this book will inspire you to become your own favorite bartender. Publisher: W&P Design. Language: English. Paperback: 168 pages. Dimensions: 8.5" x 8.5" Made in USA.
- Horchow "Neiman Marcus Cooks" CookbookNeiman Marcus has for more than a century been synonymous with luxury and good taste. Today it is as renowned for its iconic food as for its high style. This completely updated edition of the classic Neiman Marcus cookbook brings together recipes for all of its timeless favorites-from the Popovers with Strawberry Butter and the Chicken Salad to the famous Chocolate Chip Cookies. These are crowd-pleasers with a nostalgic aura that makes them fit in as easily at a dinner party as at a family gathering. Then there are more contemporary recipes such as Avocado, Grapefruit, and Quinoa Salad; Roasted Salmon with Brussels Sprouts and Farro; and Chicken Paillard with Couscous and Tomato Basil Sauce to fit a healthier lifestyle. Written by Kevin Garvin with John Harrisson. Includes timeless favorites-from the Popovers with Strawberry Butter and the Chicken Salad to the famous Chocolate Chip Cookies as well as more contemporary recipes such as Avocado, Grapefruit, and Quinoa Salad; Roasted Salmon with Brussels Sprouts and Farro; and Chicken Paillard with Couscous and Tomato Basil Sauce to fit a healthier lifestyle. Illustrated; photographs by Jody Horton. 9"W x 1"D x 11"T. Imported.
- Inside the Test Kitchen: 120 New Recipes, PerfectedTyler Florence does updated comfort food like no one else, but comfort food has never been updated like this. Join him as he perfects, simplifies, and totally re-invents your favorite dishes in surprising, spectacular ways. Have you ever wondered which cheese, exactly, will make the stretchiest, cheesiest mac and cheese? Or if you can make Hollandaise sauce without fear, a double boiler or even a whisk? Or if, instead of having to choose between onion rings or French fries, you can make onion rings crusted with French fries? Tyler Florence has. These are the kinds of questions he obsesses over when he thinks about how to make cooking both easier and more exciting. For years, while shuttling between his restaurants and TV shoots, Tyler’s kept a notebook of ideas to push his own recipes out of their comfort zone. Now, for the first time in his career, he’s established a culinary lab where he can dive deep into the hows, whys, and why-nots of his cooking. He brings you Inside the Test Kitchen to see his experiments, the victories and the failures, and of course, the delicious, foolproof, and surprising recipes that come out of it. Go from tricks to make basics brilliant—like saucing Double-Creamed Spinach with pureed spinach, or using boiling-hot brine to make a Super-Crisp Roast Chicken— to simpler ways to make the classics, like a nearly no-stir Time Saver Risotto and a Three-Minute Hollandaise, to pure reinvention, like Fronion Rings and almost-instant Modern Burger Buns. Through these 120 recipes, Tyler invites you to question culinary sacred cows, push your skills to the next level, and make food more delicious than you would have thought possible. Publisher: Clarkson Potter. Hardcover: 256 pages. Language: English. -
- Grilled Cheese: Traditional and Inspired Recipes for the Ultimate Toasted SandwichCrisp toasted bread, gooey melted cheese and flavorsome relishes and pickles—this book gives the humble hot cheese sandwich the ultimate makeover. If you’re looking for tempting recipes that are guaranteed to make your toastie the one with the mostie, then look no further. Perfect this all-time favorite hot sandwich with the best-ever recipe for Classic Grilled Cheese, as well as exciting variations. Just one buttery bite oozing with molten cheese will take you back to your childhood. Serve up hearty yet simple options such as the Montgomery Cheddar with Red Onion Chutney, Gruyère with Leek, and Smoked Provolone with Black Olives. Get the best out of your grilled cheese with the finest international flavors the world has to offer. Try the classic Croque Monsieur or Manchego with Chorizo and Padron Peppers. Fancy your grilled cheese down and "dirty"? Try Swiss Cheese with Chili or Hot Dog with Sauerkraut and Mustard. Or bathe your grilled cheese in luxury with gourmet recipes such as Tartiflette (Reblochon and potato gratin with bacon) or Ricotta with Roasted Butternut Squash and Sage. Crunchy, golden, gooey and satisfying, Grilled Cheese will keep you warm all winter. Publisher: Ryland Peters & Small. Hardcover: 64 pages. Language: English. Dimensions: 7.8" x 7.7" x 0.5" -
- Avoca Compact Avoca Cookbook - SoupsThis cute and helpful Compact Avoca Soup Cookbook from Avoca's kitchens has lots of delicious simple recipes taken from Avoca's famous cafés and foodhalls. It's not only great fun to read and take inspiration from but it also looks fantastic and is packed with photography and charming illustrations. It would make a wonderful gift for any family member or friend with a passion for proper home cooking.Key features: * Recreate Avoca's famous soups * Delicious simple recipes * Recreate the food from the Avoca cafés & food halls * Packed with wonderful photography * Charming illustrations * More Avoca cookbooks are available
- w&p design "Shake" Cocktail BookShake is a unique cocktail book that expresses our seasonal and straightforward approach to drinks and entertaining, and reminds us that mixing cocktails should be simple, social, and, above all, fun. Our genuine hope is that this book inspires you to take delicious cocktails out of the bar and into your hands -- and helps you do just that. 168 Pages. Premium soft cover. 30+ Original seasonal recipes and features.
- Penguin Books SPQR BookLegendary Ponsonby restaurant S.P.Q.R has been a magnet for Auckland diners for more than 20 years. With its Italian-inspired menu, colourful atmosphere and sun-bathed pavement tables, there really is no other restaurant quite like it. The S.P.Q.R cookbook shares more than 85 dishes from the restaurant menu, all carefully translated and tested for the home cook. Recipes range from elegant entrées to casual platters, classic Italian pizzas, pastas and risottos, to simple salads, favourite seafood and meat dishes and stunning desserts. Photographer Tamara West captures S.P.Q.R's unique spirit and writer Simon Farrell - Green introduces the book, paying tribute to the contribution this unique eatery has made to Auckland's dining scene. Hardback book. 240 Pages. Please note that all sales on books are final
- Pre-owned Russel Wright Menu Cookbook - 1st EditionRussel Wright is known as a pioneer in Mid-Century Modern design and lifestyle marketing, from his well-known and highly collectible china, flatware and furniture, to his book, Guide to Easier Living. As a single working father with a young daughter to raise, he found the task of organizing daily menus daunting, and quickly grew tired eating the same meal each night. He combined his love of food with a collection of recipes gathered from travel and friends and his nearly-obsessive organizational skills to create a menu cookbook that was simple to use and could help anyone create interesting, balanced, fuss-free meals. When Annie Wright, Russel's daughter, showed them to friend and caterer Mindy Heiferling, they decided the menus deserved to be shared with the public. Russel Wright's Menu Cookbook: A Guide to Easier Entertaining contains fifteen menus with 65 recipes, each easy to prepare, beautiful in presentation, and always delicious. More than a simple cookbook, this guide offers tips on getting organized, ways to use modern "convenience" foods (like Thai red curry paste or store-bought sorbet), how to set a stylish table, and how to make entertaining a pleasure rather than an ordeal. The menus have a timeless yet modern appeal-from a "Mid-summer Americana Cookout" to a "Green and White Cocktail Party"-this cookbook provides an uncomplicated and creative way to approach everyday mealtimes or unique celebrations. Hard covered with dust jacket with cellophane overlay 144 pages Excellent Condition First Edition
- Ivan Orkin Ivan Ramen: Love, Obsession, And Recipes From Tokyo's Most Unlikely Noodle JointThis fascinating book is all about ramen and the author’s culinary journey. Part cookbook and part memoir, this book contains over 40 ramen recipes and variations, as well as personal stories from the author. By Ivan Orkin. 211 pages. 7.75” W x 10” H.
- Clarkson Potter Barefoot Contessa Family StyleIna Garten, who shared her gift for casual entertaining in the bestselling Barefoot Contessa Cookbook and Barefoot Contessa Parties!, is back with her most enticing recipes yet—a collection of her favorite dishes for everyday cooking. In Barefoot Contessa Family Style, Ina explains that sharing our lives and tables with those we love is too essential to be saved just for special occasions—and it's easy to do if you know how to cook irresistible meals with a minimum of fuss. For Ina, the best way to make guests feel at home is to serve them food that's as unpretentious as it is delicious. So in her new book, she's collected the recipes that please her friends and family most—dishes like East Hampton Clam Chowder, Parmesan Roasted Asparagus, and Linguine with Shrimp Scampi. It's the kind of fresh, accessible food that's meant to be passed around the table in big bowls or platters and enjoyed with warm conversation and laughter. In Ina's hands tried-and-true dishes are even more delicious than you remember them: Her arugula salad is bright with the flavors of lemon and Parmesan, the Oven-Fried Chicken is crispy without excess fat, and her Deep-Dish Apple Pie has the perfect balance of fruit and spice. Barefoot Contessa Family Style also includes enticing recipes that are memorable and distinctive, like Lobster Cobb Salad, Tequila Lime Chicken, and Saffron Risotto with Butternut Squash. With vivid photographs of Ina cooking and serving food in her beautiful Hamptons home, as well as menu suggestions, practical wisdom on what to do when disaster strikes in the kitchen, and tips on creating an inviting ambience with music, Barefoot Contessa Family Style is the must-have guide to the joy of everyday entertaining. Format: Hardcover. Pages: 240 pages.
- ModCloth Vintage Inspired Doctor the Recipe Shaker SetYou never know what kind of cuisine youll encounter when youre traveling through space and time, but you can calibrate any dish to your discerning taste if youre equipped with these sci-fi shakers! Inspired by the British television sensation Doctor Who, this ceramic set features the taste-amplifying TARDIS and Dalek, who destroys bland cooking with an eager Exterminate! After peppering your Kronkburger to perfection or adding a dash of savor to your sneg stew, you can finally dig in with your signature allons-y attitude. Vintage Inspired, Dorm Decor, Best Seller, Sci-fi Doctor the Recipe Shaker Set.
- The French Market CookbookFamed food blogger Clotilde Dusoulier presents 82 mouthwatering recipes comprised of seasonal vegetables, fruit, meat and fish straight from French farmers markets. With emphasis on gluten and dairy-free diets, she presents easy step-by-step instructions for making everything from peach and cardamom custard to Corsican turnovers with winter squash. Hardcover. 224 pages. Clarkson Potter.
- The Newlywed CookbookA sophisticated and contemporary collection of recipes for special occasions and everyday meals alike, this volume from food expert Sarah Copeland is an indispensable reference for couples who enjoy spending time together in the kitchen. 304 pages. Hardcover. Chronicle Books. 10.3”H, 8.7”W, 1.2”D.
- Chronicle Books Cooking Slow: Recipes to Slow Down & Cook More-16 ounces, 1x1x1This tantalizing book celebrates the art of cooking slowly with time-honored methods that yield tender, delicious meals with little hands-on cooking time. More than 80 recipes cover everything from slow-simmered soups and stews to hearty braised meats and a lemon cheesecake that cures to a creamy custard in a warm oven overnight. A chapter devoted to the sous vide technique will tempt the technophiles, while the slow-grilling section is a revelation for those who man the grill every weekend. Brought to life with 36 enticing photographs by award-winning photographer Alan Benson, this valuable package sells the dream of cooking and living well and is a must-have for dedicated home cooks. Book Details: Format: Hardcover. Pages: 224.
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Memories of a Cuban KitchenAuthentic Cuban recipes offer a mixture of Spanish, Indian, African, Chinese, and Portuguese cuisine, from appetizers like Green Plantain Chips, to such entrees as Roast Pork Creole, to tropical rum-based drinks and desserts. Filled with reminiscences and evocative halftone photos of Randelman's childhood in pre-Castro Cuba, this book presents more than 200 traditional recipes for Cuban dishes, a cuisine that lusciously combines Spanish, Indian, African, Chinese, and Portuguese influences. Format: Paperback. Pages: 352.
- Chronicle Books Ice Sabers: Star Wars CookbookCreate 30 sweet, chilled treats in this Star Wars-themed cooking kit, from Mos Icely to Qui-Gon Gingerbread Ice Cream Sandwiches to Frozen Hoth Chocolate. Or freeze up lightsaber-inspired ice pops using the 4 lightsaber ice pop molds included in the kit. With so many easy-to-make recipes for delightful treats, this galactic cookbook will appeal to any Jedi appetite. Book Details: Format: Paperback. Publication Date: 4/2/2013. Pages: 64. Reading Level: Age 4 and Up. Publisher: Chronicle Books. Dimensions: 9.25in length x 2in width x 11.75in height. Weight: 16.48 oz.
- Victory Belt Publishing Make it Paleo: Over 200 Recipes For Any OccasionTransitioning from conventional foods to a grain-free Paleo lifestyle can be a daunting proposition to most people. Hayley Mason and Bill Staley, authors of The Food Lovers Primal Palate, show you how easy it is to take any dish and Make it Paleo! Adapted from Chinese, French, Mexican and classic American meals, the over 200 mouthwatering recipes are each accompanied by vibrant photos and thoughtful notes to ensure you recreate each dish with ease. Beyond its wealth of recipes, Make it Paleo describes fundamental cooking techniques, includes tips for selecting the best ingredients, and chronicles a variety of menus for holidays and special occasions. Hayley and Bill demonstrate how to make cooking gourmet Paleo meals a carefree affair for everyone, from a kitchen rookie to a seasoned chef. Make it Paleo is filled with meals that all lovers of great food will enjoy, whether they follow a grain-free lifestyle or not. Format: Paperback. Pages: 448.