Just inOn sale
- Miette: Recipes from San Francisco’s Most Charming Pastry ShopRenowned for beautiful cakes and whimsical confections, Miette Patisserie is among the most beloved of San Francisco’s culinary destinations. Miette’s pretty Parisian aesthetic enchants visitors with tables piled high with beribboned bags of gingersnaps, homemade marshmallows, fleur de sel caramels and rainbows of gumballs. This cookbook brings the enchantment home, sharing 100 secret formulas for favorite Miette treats from chef and owner Meg Ray. More than 75 gorgeous color photos capture the unique beauty of Miette desserts and shops. Scalloped edges on the book block enhance the preciousness of this fetching package. Just like the adorable cakes, cookies, éclairs and tarts for sale in Miette’s case, this book is irresistible! Publisher: Chronicle Books. Hardcover: 224 pages. Language: English. Dimensions: 8¾" x 8"
- Martha Stewart One Pot CookbookCreate simple and satisfying meals with the Martha Stewart One Pot cookbook. This brand new collection of all-in-one recipes for stockpots, skillets, slow cookers & more will give you and your family delicious dinners without the complicated clean-up. Paperback.
- Avoca A Year at Avoca Cookbook 3This exciting and much anticipated A Year at Avoca 3 cookery book from Avoca's kitchens has over 260 pages stuffed with delicious new recipes for each season in the year. Hardback with a fabric spine, it's not only great fun to read and take inspiration from but it also looks fantastic and is packed with photography. It would make a wonderful gift for any family member or friend with a passion for proper home cooking.Key features: * Hardback cookery book with fabric spine * Over 260 pages * More than 150 delicious new recipes * Packed with wonderful photography * Recipes for each season * Written by Simon Pratt * More Avoca cookbooks are available
- Lucid Food by Louisa Shafia"Lucid Food" offers more than 85 healthy, eco-oriented recipes based on conscientious, yet practical environmental ideals. Sustainable chef and caterer Louisa Shafia demystifies contemporary food issues for the home cook and presents simple, seasonal dishes that follow nature’s cycles. Her empowering advice includes how to source animal products ethically and responsibly, support local food growers, and reduce one’s carbon footprint through urban gardening, preserving, composting, and more.
- Le Creuset The Cast Iron Way to Cook CookbookThe Cast Iron Way to Cook is an exclusive collection of recipes, each one perfectly suited for the world's finest enameled cast iron cookware. From slow-cooked comfort foods to internationally inspired cuisine, these recipes take full advantage of Le Creuset's specialized design, thoughtful innovation and superior quality, yielding perfect results every time. MPN:MB4. Standard; U.S.A;
- A Platter of Figs and Other Recipes by David TanisAuthor of the acclaimed New York Times column, "City Kitchen," has written a new title "A Platter of Figs and Other Recipes," chosen as one of the 50 best cookbooks ever by the Guardian/Observer (U.K.). With a professional cooking career spanning three decades, Tanis has overseen the kitchens of some of the world's finest restaurants. A passionate fan of home cooking, he is known for his simple, seasonal, straightforward style.
- Le Creuset Set of 4 Mini Cocottes with/Cookbook - PalmWhether used to serve single portions of a side dish or to decorate empty kitchen shelves, the stoneware Mini Cocotte adds attractive color and classic Le Creuset style to the kitchen or the table. Its durable stoneware construction allows it to go directly from the oven to the table. It can even store leftovers in the freezer or refrigerator if needed. Includes companion cookbook featuring original recipes developed excluxively for these unique, individually sized dishes.
- Chronicle Books Grilled Cheese: 50 Recipes to Make You Melt-16 ounces, 1x1x1Toasted golden in a pan or browned to melty perfection under the broiler, grilled cheese is the ultimate comfort food -- and a meal in itself. And believe it or not, it just got better. Author Marlena Spieler has created 50 mouthwatering new takes on this fromagophile's favorite. Her tantalizing pairings range from hearty Sage Sausage and Jack Cheese with Preserved Lemon to Melted Alpenzell, Emmentaler, Pear, and Cumin. There are also plenty of new twists on the tried and true, such as Smoky Bacon and Cheddar with Chipotle Relish or Fresh Mozzarella, Prosciutto, and Fig Jam. Oozing with cheese suggestions, an array of quick-to-make mustards, and tips on choosing the perfect bread for each sandwich, this cookbook will make anyone stand up and say "cheese!" Book Details: Format: Paperback. Pages: 108.
- The Cocktail Club: A Year Of Recipes And Tips For Spirited Tasting Parties By Maureen Christian PetroskyThe Cocktail Club is a hardcover guide that highlights one specific spirit or drink type each month, from classics like the Martini or the Old-Fashioned to new sips like the Mason Jar Basil Pisco Sour or Blueberry Lavender Vodka Spritzer. Pair each drink with a delicious snack, like Grilled Figs with Prosciutto or Rosemary Lemon Bars and learn all about bitters, absinthe rinses and at-home mixology while you're at it! Published by Stewart, Tabori & Chang.
- Grow Cook Eat: A Food Lover's Guide to Vegetable Gardening by Willi GallowayFrom sinking a seed into the soil to sitting down to enjoy a meal made with vegetables and fruits harvested right outside your back door, this kitchen gardening book is filled with practical information for both novices and seasoned gardeners alike. An award winning writer and radio commentator, Galloway writes about kitchen and seasonal cooking on her popular blog, digginfood and for the "Vegetarian Times". She also teaches gardening and cooking classes around the West Coast and hosts an online garden to table cooking show, Grow.
- Vicki Edgson & Natasha Corrett Honestly Healthy CookbookHonestly Healthy cookbook from the Beauty Must-Haves collection. “ We are all hooked on this book about eating the alkaline way. No fussy rules and easy-peasy recipes make it a good choice even if you are an undomesticated goddess like me! ” – Sarah Coonan, Beauty Buyer “ If, like me, you want desperately to be healthy but have very little time to make extravagant meals, this book is for you. Based around eating an alkaline diet (proven to lead to optimum health and minimise illness), it delivers fast, super tasty recipes that will appeal to even cookery novices. ” – Susannah Taylor, Get The Gloss editor Honestly Healthy is a refreshing cookbook and lifestyle guide promoting balanced and healthy living. Using the revolutionary new alkaline diet, it’s packed with recipes, tips and tricks to help you transform your daily routine from hectic and hurried to harmonious and holistic. Features: Organic gourmet vegetarian cook, Natasha Corrett, and leading nutritional therapist Vicki Edgson combine their expertise in this fully illustrated guide to eating a balanced, alkaline diet that keeps the body in mind. They clearly explain the principles and benefits of this kind of eating, identifying both alkalizing and acid-forming foods, and offering the modern cook a host of flavoursome, easy-to-prepare recipes recommended for different times of the day and different stages of life. Learn how to boost your immune system, increase energy levels, maintain blood sugar levels and focus your mind through healthy eating. Size: 23cm x 20cm. 192 Pages.
- Home Cooking with Jean-Georges: My Favorite Simple Recipes by Jean-Georges Vongerichten & Genevieve KoThough he helms a worldwide restaurant empire - with locations in New York, Las Vegas, London, Paris, and Shanghai - Jean-Georges counts his greatest joy in life as family first, then food. In his most personal book yet, the chef shares his favorite quick, seasonal recipes. From crab toasts with spicy mayonnaise to watermelon and blue cheese salad - each will inspire home cooks with accessible dishes to add to their repertoires.
- Atria Books My Year in MealsEver wonder what Rachael Ray cooks when the cameras aren't rolling? Here she gives you an inside look into her kitchen for one full year. My Year in Meals offers intimate access to tasty dishes that will take you from breakfast to dinner. From the meals she whips up at a moment's notice to family feasts, and dishes inspired by her travels around the world, you can now enjoy twelve incredible months of Rachael's homemade favorites. Need something to get you out of bed in the morning? Try the Almond Custard Brioche Toast or Eastern Egg Sandwiches with Bacon. Looking to fire up that backyard barbecue? Try the Baby Back Ribs with Bourbon BBQ sauce. For something simple that will knock your guests' socks off, try Rachael's Egg Tagliatelle with Truffle Butter and Butternut Squash Risotto. Rachael even shares her husband John Cusimano's amazing cocktail recipes, guaranteeing that you'll never reach for store-bought Margarita mix again. To top it off, Rachael includes personal stories behind many of the dishes and her own never-before-seen photos of these culinary creations. In no time at all, you'll feel like you've stepped into her home for a change! A year of delicious food is only enhanced by a selection of equally tasty cocktails, and Rachael's husband, John Cusimano, is no stranger to the cocktail shaker. Now he's sharing his secrets with you. Whether shaken or stirred, straight up or on the rocks, with a cherry or a twist, John's creations—like his Strawberry Velvet featuring honey liqueur, strawberries, and lime—are always fresh, fun, and certain to make any gathering more memorable. With plenty of options for every occasion and season, such as the Pomegranate Margarita, the Halloween Fizz, and the Nod to Nog, these fabulous concoctions are the perfect complement to Rachael's year of great eating. Format: Hardcover. Pages: 384 pages.
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Memories of a Cuban KitchenAuthentic Cuban recipes offer a mixture of Spanish, Indian, African, Chinese, and Portuguese cuisine, from appetizers like Green Plantain Chips, to such entrees as Roast Pork Creole, to tropical rum-based drinks and desserts. Filled with reminiscences and evocative halftone photos of Randelman's childhood in pre-Castro Cuba, this book presents more than 200 traditional recipes for Cuban dishes, a cuisine that lusciously combines Spanish, Indian, African, Chinese, and Portuguese influences. Format: Paperback. Pages: 352.
- Clarkson Potter Michael Symon's Carnivore: Recipes for Meat LoversCelebrity chef, restaurateur, and meat lover Michael Symon—of Food Network's Iron Chef America and ABC's The Chew—shares his wealth of knowledge and more than 100 killer recipes for steaks, chops, wings, and lesser-known cuts. Fans across the country adore Michael Symon for his big, charismatic personality and his seriously delicious food. But there's one thing Michael is known for above all else: his unabashed love of meat. A devoted carnivore, Michael calls the cuisine at his six Midwestern restaurants "meat-centric." Now, inMichael Symon's Carnivore, he combines his passion and expertise in one stellar cookbook. Michael gives home cooks just the right amount of key information on breeds, cuts, and techniques to help them at the meat counter and in the kitchen, and then lets loose with fantastic recipes for beef, pork, poultry, lamb, goat, and game. Favorites include Broiled Porterhouse with Garlic and Lemon, Ribs with Cleveland BBQ Sauce, Braised Chicken Thighs with Kale and Chiles, Lamb Moussaka, and Bacon-Wrapped Rabbit Legs. Recipes for sides that enhance the main event, like Apple and Celeriac Salad and Sicilian Cauliflower, round out the book. Michael's enthusiasm and warmth permeate the text, and with 75 beautiful color photographs, Michael Symon's Carnivore is a rich and informative cookbook for every meat lover. Format: Hardcover. Pages: 256 pages.
- Bantam Better Homes & Gardens New CookbookFeaturing over 1200 recipes--600 of them brand new--the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Bookhas been newly revised and updated, making American's favorite cookbook even more indispensable than ever. This Eleventh Edition is written specifically for the today's health-conscious cooks who are leading hectic and busy lives. With menu planning, cooking tips on low-fat and no-fat meals, and a guide to cooking terms, techniques and helpful hints from the Better Homes and Gardens Test Kitchen, this is a sourcebook for all who find themselves in the kitchen. The New Cook Book covers everything from cooking basics to canning and freezing, breads and cakes to fish and shellfish, and meat and poultry to soups and stews. There are recipes for sauces and relishes, and sumptuous cookies and desserts. In addition there is a new chapters on Beans, Rice and Grains and a special chapter on Grilling. Many of the recipes are designed for cooks on the go and preparation and cooking times are included for each recipe. Moreover, nutritional information is given for each recipes, and those low fat and no fat recipes are highlighted. For generations, novices and experienced cooks alike have relied on the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book for recipes that combine excellent flavor, ease of preparation, and balanced nutrition. Now completely revised and updated, America's bestselling cookbook promises to continue that tradition, Format: Paperback. Pages: 1168 pages.
- Chronicle Books Plenty: Vibrant Recipes from London's Ottolenghi-16 ounces, 1x1x1Yotam Ottolenghi is one of the most exciting new talents in the cooking world, with four fabulous, eponymous London restaurants and a weekly newspaper column that's read by foodies all over the world. Plenty is a must-have collection of 120 vegetarian recipes featuring exciting flavors and fresh combinations that will delight readers and eaters looking for a sparkling new take on vegetables. Yotam's food inspiration comes from his Mediterranean background and his unapologetic love of ingredients. Not a vegetarian himself, his approach to vegetable dishes is wholly original and innovative, based on freshness and seasonality, and drawn from the diverse food cultures represented in London. A vibrant photo accompanies every recipe in this visually stunning book. Essential for meat-eaters and vegetarians alike! Book Details: Format: Hardcover. Pages: 288.
- Victory Belt Publishing Against All Grain: Delectable Paleo RecipesHaving battled an autoimmune disease the modern-medicine way for many years, Danielle Walker took matters into her own hands and set out to regain her health through the medicine of food. After four years of turning her kitchen into a laboratory for revamping her culinary point of view, Danielle mastered the art of grain-free, dairy-free and gluten-free cooking--and improved her well-being, eliminating all her ailments. A self-trained chef, Danielle is the new face of grain-free and gluten-free cooking, tempting foodies of all stripes with her innovative, accessible recipes for delicious, vibrant Paleo food. Paying homage to the dishes she loved from her pre-Paleo life, she has ingeniously recreated all of her favorites without grains, gluten or dairy in her first-ever cookbook. Coupling her delightful recipes with elegant photography, Danielle takes you on a multicourse Paleo and gluten-free culinary journey from appetizers to dessert. Because Danielle knows that she's not the only one with a finicky toddler at the dinner table, she has included a special children's section with amusing dishes that will bring joy to any child and also pass any mom's test for wholesome ingredients. Omitting grains, gluten, dairy, and refined sugar doesn't correlate with omitting taste in these recipes. Easy-to-follow instructions are complemented by mouthwatering photos that seem to burst off the page with flavor. Danielle's recipes are sure to leave you feeling satisfied and exhilarated, rather than deprived. Format: Paperback. Pages: 368.
- Clarkson Potter The Craft of the Cocktail: 500 RecipesCocktails are bigger than ever, and this is the first real cookbook for them, covering the entire breadth of this rich subject. The Craft of the Cocktail provides much more than merely the same old recipes: it delves into history, personalities, and anecdotes; it shows you how to set up a bar, master important techniques, and use tools correctly; and it delivers unique concoctions, many featuring Dale DeGroff's signature use of fresh juices, as well as all the classics. Debonair, a great raconteur, and an unparalleled authority, Dale DeGroff is the epitome of Perfect Bartender, universally acknowledged as the world's premier mixologist. From Entertainment Weeklyand USA Today to the Culinary Institute of America and the nation's best restaurants, whenever anybody wants information or training on the bar, they turn to Dale for recipes, for history, for anecdotes, for fun—for cocktail-party conversation as well as for cocktails. That's what The Craft of the Cocktail is—the full party, conversation and all. It begins with the history of spirits, how they're made (but without too much boring science), the development of the mixed drink, and the culture it created, all drawn from Dale's vast library of vintage cocktail books. Then on to stocking the essential bar, choosing the right tools and ingredients, mastering key techniques—hints worthy of a pro, the same information that Dale shares with the bartenders he trains in seminars and through his videos. And then the meat of the matter: 500 recipes, including everything from tried-and-true classics to of-the-moment originals. Throughout are rich stories, vintage recipes, fast facts, and other entertaining asides. Beautiful color photographs and a striking design round out the cookbook approach to this subject, highlighting the difference between an under-the-bar handbook and a stylish, full-blown treatment. The Craft of the Cocktail is that treatment, destined to become the bible of the bar. Format: Hardcover. Pages: 240.
- Clarkson Potter Barefoot Contessa at HomeThroughout the years that she has lived and worked in East Hampton, Ina Garten has catered and attended countless parties and dinners. She will be the first to tell you, though, that nothing beats a cozy dinner, surrounded by the people you love most, in the comfort that only your own home can provide. In Barefoot Contessa at Home, Ina shares her life in East Hampton, the recipes she loves, and her secrets to making guests feel welcome and comfortable. For Ina, it's friends and family-gathered around the dinner table or cooking with her in the kitchen-that really make her house feel like home. Here Ina offers the tried-and-true recipes that she makes over and over again because they're easy, they work, and they're universally loved. For a leisurely Sunday breakfast, she has Easy Cheese Danishes or Breakfast Fruit Crunch to serve with the perfect Spicy Bloody Mary. For lunch, she has classics with a twist, such as Tomato, Mozzarella, and Pesto Paninis and Old-Fashioned Potato Salad, which are simply delicious. Then there are Ina's homey dinners-from her own version of loin of pork stuffed with sauteed fennel to the exotic flavors of Eli's Asian Salmon. And since Ina knows no one ever forgets what you serve for dessert, she includes recipes for outrageously luscious sweets like Peach and Blueberry Crumble, Pumpkin Mousse Parfait, and Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Icing. Ina also lets readers in on her time-tested secrets for cooking and entertaining. Get the inside scoop on everything from what Ina considers when she's designing a kitchen to menu-planning basics and how to make a dinner party fun (here's a hint: it doesn't involve making complicated food!). Along with beautiful photographs of Ina's dishes, her home, and the East Hampton she loves, this book is filled with signature recipes that strike the perfect balance between elegance and casual comfort. With her most indispensable collection yet, Ina Garten proves beyond a shadow of doubt that there truly is no place like home. Format: Hardcover. Pages: 256 pages.