Just inOn sale
- Pok PokFrom Andy Ricker, the chef and owner of Pok Pok restaurants, a cookbook for serving up authentic Thai cooking. More than just a collection of 70 of Ricker's famous mouthwatering recipes, this book also serves as a master course in Thai cooking through classic techniques and skills, a guide to flavor profiles unique to Thai cuisine and an aide offering approaches for combining various dishes.
- Charcoal Companion Folding Pizza Peel and Recipe Book SetThe perfect gift for your favorite pizza-lover—even if that"s you—this set includes a folding aluminum pizza peel and a book of delicious gourmet pizza recipes. A pizza peel is an essential tool in any would-be pizza chef"s kitchen, and the thin aluminum blade of this model slides easily under cooking pizzas for simple placing, rotating and retrieval. The folding handle locks securely in place and allows easy storage in a cupboard or drawer when not in use. Optimized for use with the Pizzeria Pronto pizza oven, these easy-to-follow gourmet recipes are also suitable for use with conventional ovens. Manufacturer: Charcoal Companion. Includes: Pizza peel, recipe book. Material: Aluminum, wood. Care: Peel is hand wash only. Dimensions: 23.3" x 12" x 1.18" (peel); 9" x 6.77" x 0.33" (book) Made in China.
- Mrs. John L. Strong This Little Piggy Recipe Journal & Tablet SetA kitchen necessity, this recipe journal includes culinary resources, conversion charts, categorized pages for recipes and ample room for notes, and comes with a whimsical This Little Piggy Went to Market tablet, perfect jotting down the market list. Set includes: Recipe journal and tablet Recipe journal: 8" X 11" Tablet: 4" X 6½. " Cotton/linen Made in USA
- Pick a PickleFrom Hugh Acheson"s Southern kitchen comes a swatchbook containing 50 tangy pickle, condiment, relish and fermented recipes to fill your pantry with delicious, seasonal favorites year-round. Simply fan out the pages for recipes such as Classic Bread and Butter Pickles, Icebox Dill Pickles, Pickled Peaches, Classic Chow Chow, Green Tomato Relish, Classic Cabbage Kimchi and more. Publisher: Potter Style. Hardcover: 104 pages. Language: English.
- Crate & Barrel Set of 25 Recipe CardsSized to fit our Teak Recipe Box, these charming lined cards from an award-winning stationery design team feature food icons in silhouette, spaces for dish names and serving yield, ingredients, method and notes. Printed recipes can also be pasted onto the cards. Coordinating recipe section dividers also available.
- Vicki Edgson & Natasha Corrett Honestly Healthy CookbookHonestly Healthy cookbook from the Beauty Must-Haves collection. “ We are all hooked on this book about eating the alkaline way. No fussy rules and easy-peasy recipes make it a good choice even if you are an undomesticated goddess like me! ” – Sarah Coonan, Beauty Buyer “ If, like me, you want desperately to be healthy but have very little time to make extravagant meals, this book is for you. Based around eating an alkaline diet (proven to lead to optimum health and minimise illness), it delivers fast, super tasty recipes that will appeal to even cookery novices. ” – Susannah Taylor, Get The Gloss editor Honestly Healthy is a refreshing cookbook and lifestyle guide promoting balanced and healthy living. Using the revolutionary new alkaline diet, it"s packed with recipes, tips and tricks to help you transform your daily routine from hectic and hurried to harmonious and holistic. Features: Organic gourmet vegetarian cook, Natasha Corrett, and leading nutritional therapist Vicki Edgson combine their expertise in this fully illustrated guide to eating a balanced, alkaline diet that keeps the body in mind. They clearly explain the principles and benefits of this kind of eating, identifying both alkalizing and acid-forming foods, and offering the modern cook a host of flavoursome, easy-to-prepare recipes recommended for different times of the day and different stages of life. Learn how to boost your immune system, increase energy levels, maintain blood sugar levels and focus your mind through healthy eating. Size: 23cm x 20cm. 192 Pages.
- TOPSHOP Nutella: The 30 Best RecipesFree shipping and free returnsNutella: The 30 Best Recipes. Colour print book filled with recipes all Nutella fans are bound to enjoy. From Nutella truffles, to macaroons, cheesecakes and even spring rolls - the classic store cupboard ingredient is truly versatile.
- Of a Kind Cookbook Vol. 2We just released our 2nd (annual!) cookbook, stuffed with recipes from *45* of our designers and the stories behind them. It’s pretty exciting stuff, and, though it’s available for download here, lots of peeps were asking for hard copies to have and to hold (and to spill pasta sauce on). What will you find in this fashion-y community cookbook? Basil-pumpkin seed pesto, olive oil carrot cake, chocolate chip challah, pea shoot salad-apologies to your salivary glands.
- Hachette Livre Laduree: The Sweet RecipesThe story of Laduree started in 1862 when Louis Ernest Laduree opened a bakery in the heart of Paris at 16, rue Royale. In 1997 Laduree opened a tea-room/restaurant on the prestigious Champs-Elysees, followed by other Parisian addresses and international tea-rooms in London, Dublin, Geneva, Monaco, Tokyo, Milan and soon New York. In this book Philippe Andrieu, the Pastry Chef at Laduree, reveals 100 of the most famous Laduree recipes, adapted for the general public. From the Strawberry Cake with Rose Choux Pastry to Pistachio Financiers and the world-famous macaroons in all their variety, this icon of French "art de vivre" is brought to life in a pallet of pastries the colour of powder pink, light green, bright purple, and lemon yellow. Format: Hardcover. Pages: 392 pages.
- Hatchette Book Group USA Cooking Light Slow-Cooker Tonight: 140 RecipesFor delicious make-ahead meals, nothing beats a crock-pot. Cooking Light Slow Cooker Tonight! is your perfect source for recipes that transform simple ingredients into filling, flavorful dishes. Inside you'll find: 140 delicious dishes ranging from appetizers and beverages to meats, poultry, sides, and desserts. Dozens of ingredient and technique tips throughout to ensure superior slow-cooker recipes every time you cook. A nutritional analysis with each recipe to help you make smart, healthful choices that fit your lifestyle. A special Cooking Class chapter focusing on how to make the most of your slow cooker-including how to shop for the best equipment, keep your foods safe, and quickly clean your pot. Book Details: Format: Paperback. Pages: 276.
- Penguin Books The Kitchen Counter Cooking SchoolAfter graduating from Le Cordon Bleu in Paris, writer Kathleen Flinn returned with no idea what to do next, until one day at a supermarket she watched a woman loading her cart with ultraprocessed foods. Flinn's "chefternal" instinct kicked in: she persuaded the stranger to reload with fresh foods, offering her simple recipes for healthy, easy meals. The Kitchen Counter Cooking School includes practical, healthy tips that boost readers' culinary self-confidence, and strategies to get the most from their grocery dollar, and simple recipes that get readers cooking. Format: Paperback. Pages: 304 pages.
- Slow Cooking All Year Round CookbookFor the cook who loves their slow cooker, this Slow Cooking All Year Round Cookbook is a treasure trove of new cooking ideas. It features great slow cooker recipes suited to every season. 224 Pages. Hardcover construction. Features recipes for slow cookers. Includes handy tips for cooking and entertaining. 225 Recipes for every season of the year. Ringed binding to lay flat while you cook.
- 101 Stovetop Suppers CookbookMaking dinner just got a whole lot easier! This 101 Stovetop Suppers Cookbook is full of tasty meals designed to be cooked in one pot. It even features color photos and handy cooking tips! You'll love the sections on quick meals and cooking for crowds. 112 Pages. Durable soft-cover construction. Features a variety of single-pot meals. Part of the photo cookbook series; every recipe includes a full-color photo. 101 Recipes including quick meals, slow cookers, and recipes for large gatherings. Spiral bound to lay flat while you cook.
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Essential Pepin: 700 Favorites from Life in FoodFor the first time ever, the legendary chef collects and updates the best recipes from his six-decade career. With a searchable DVD demonstrating every technique a cook will ever need. In his more than sixty years as a chef, Jacques Pepin has earned a reputation as a champion of simplicity. His recipes are classics. They find the shortest, surest route to flavor, avoiding complicated techniques. Now, in a book that celebrates his life in food, the world's most famous cooking teacher winnows his favorite recipes from the thousands he has created, streamlining them even further. They include Onion Soup Lyonnaise-Style, which Jacques enjoyed as a young chef while bar-crawling in Paris; Linguine with Clam Sauce and Vegetables, a frequent dinner chez Jacques; Grilled Chicken with Tarragon Butter, which he makes indoors in winter and outdoors in summer; Five-Peppercorn Steak, his spin on a bistro classic; Meme's Apple Tart, which his mother made every day in her Lyon restaurant; and Warm Chocolate Fondue Souffle, part cake, part pudding, part souffle, and pure bliss. Essential Pepin spans the many styles of Jacques's cooking: homey country French, haute cuisine, fast food Jacques-style, and fresh contemporary American dishes. Many of the recipes are globally inspired, from Mexico, across Europe, or the Far East. In the accompanying searchable DVD, Jacques shines as a teacher, as he demonstrates all the techniques a cook needs to know. This truly is the essential Pepin. Format: Hardcover. Pages: 704 pages.
- Random House The Babbo Cookbook-16 ounces, 1x1x1Some of the most inspired (and acclaimed) Italian food in the country is served at Babbo Ristorante e Enoteca, Mario Batali's flagship restaurant in the heart of New York City's Greenwich Village. Diners in this converted town house have come to expect innovative flavors and artful presentations that make the most of seasonal, local, and artisanal ingredients-all with a sensibility that is distinctly Italian. Now home cooks can re-create these showstopping dishes, just as they are served at the restaurant, to win raves of their own. The Babbo Cookbook is Mario's biggest yet, filled with 150 recipes that have redefined contemporary Italian cooking. Here for the first time he shares such signature dishes as Mint Love Letters with Spicy Lamb Sausage and Beef Cheek Ravioli, all showcasing his unparalleled ability to reinterpret the Italian culinary tradition in a completely original way. Recipes for dozens of Babbo's renowned antipasti, many based on fresh seasonal produce, are followed by an alluring collection of pastas; fish, fowl, and meat entrees; and a selection of Babbo's irresistible dessert offerings. From Grilled Pork Chops with Peaches and Balsamic Vinegar to Spicy Lamb Tartare with Mint Crostini and a Quail Egg and Wild Striped Bass with Charred Leeks and Squid Vinaigrette, The Babbo Cookbook is filled with vibrant, complex flavors that belie their straightforward preparations.Even classic recipes like Bollito Misto and Pappardelle Bolognese come alive again in bright new renditions that delight the palate. Also included are notes on the unique touches that make a meal at Babbo such a singular dining experience, from suggestions on wine service to recipes for “predesserts” that smooth the transition from savory to sweet-all representing the distinctive brand of Italian hospitality that has become the Batali trademark. The Babbo Cookbook is that rarity in the world of restaurant cookbooks: a collection of accessible, appetizing recipes that brings the spirit of a remarkable restaurant into the home kitchen without losing an iota of tantalizing flavor in the translation. Book Details: Format: Hardcover. Pages: 336.
- Best Ever Cookies CookbookIt's cookie time! With almost any kind of cookie you can imagine-from traditional chocolate chip to unconventional selections like peanut butter and jelly-the Best Ever Cookies Cookbook from Gooseberry Patch has your sweet tooth covered. Plus, it includes loads of easy tips for serving them up with style! Hardcover; 222 pages. Features selections for Holiday, All-American, and Old-Fashioned cookies. Also features recipes for brownies, big batch cookies, as well as diabetic and gluten-free options. Fun illustrations throughout. Includes over 200 easy-to-make recipes. Ringed, lay-flat book binding.
- Clean StartA fresh beginning starts here, with Terry Walters' second book on nourishing the body with good, clean food. From the novice cook to the seasoned chef, Clean Start offers 100 new recipes for minimally processed foods packed with nutrition, making them good for the body and good for the planet. 176 pages. Hardcover. Sterling. 9.3"H, 8.4"W, 1"D.
- Simon & Schuster Fix-It & Forget-It: 1400 Slow Cooker Recipes-16 ounces, 1x1x1New York Times bestselling author, Phyllis Good, has gathered the biggest collection of tantalizing, best-ever slow-cooker recipes into one great book. With 1,400 recipes collected from some of America's best home cooks. Finally, all in one handsome volume, the best 1400 slow-cooker recipes! New York Times bestselling author Phyllis Pellman Good has gathered the biggest collection of tantalizing, best ever slow-cooker recipes into one great book. The recipes in this amazing treasure are all- Collected from some of America's best home cooks. Tested in real-life settings. Carefully selected from thousands of recipes. Eight small "galleries" of full-color photos of delectable slow-cooker dishes from the collection add sparkle throughout the cookbook. Phyllis Pellman Good's cookbooks have sold nearly 10 million copies. Her five beloved Fix-It and Forget-It cookbooks have themselves sold more than 8.8 million copies! Three of her cookbooks have been New York Times bestsellers. This is the perfect BIG COOKBOOK! Easy to understand, easy to use. Absolutely manageable for those who lack confidence in the kitchen. Convenient for those who are short on time. Will bring a "make-it-again" request from all who are lucky enough to enjoy these tasty dishes. Fix-It and Forget-It BIG COOKBOOK, with its 1400 best slow-cooker recipes, is another winner! Book Details: Format: Hardcover. Pages: 284.
- Church Suppers CookbookFor scrumptious take-alongs no matter the occasion, the Church Suppers Cookbook from Gooseberry Patch has you covered! Featuring delicious recipes from all over the country, these tried-and-true selections are sure to delight. Plus, the book includes lots of ideas for making food kids will love, as well as informative how-to’s on cooking for a crowd! Hardcover; 224 pages. Features selections for Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, and Snacks. Also features recipes for soup suppers and chili cook-offs, plus sweet treat baking recipes. Fun illustrations throughout. Includes over 200 easy-to-make recipes. Ringed, lay-flat book binding.
- Alfred A. Knopf Essentials of Classic Italian CookingAlmost twenty years ago, with the publication of The Classic Italian Cook Book, followed by More Classic Italian Cooking, Marcella Hazan introduced Americans to a whole new world of Italian food. As Roy Andries de Groot wrote, "Marcella's book is the most authentic guide to Italian food ever written in the U.S. Where other authors failed, Marcella has brilliantly succeeded in capturing (and conveying to the reader on every page) the feel, the aromatic scent, the subtle nuances of fresh country flavors and, above all, the easy uncomplication of Italian food prepared in the Italian style." Now a new generation is ready to master the art of Italian cooking, and their bible will be Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking-this new volume that combines the two books, updates and expanded throughout. Designed as a basic manual for cooks on every level-from beginners to accomplished professionals-it offers both an accessible and comprehensive guide to techniques and ingredients and a collection of the most delicious recipes from the Italian repertoire. Format: Hardcover. Pages: 704.
- William Morrow Cookbooks Chez Panisse Cafe CookbookSo writes Alice Waters of the opening of Berkeley's Chez Panisse Cafe on April Fool's Day, 1980. Located above the more formal Chez Panisse Restaurant, the Cafe is a bustling neighborhood bistro where guests needn't reserve far in advance and can choose from the ever-changing à la carte menu. It's the place where Alice Waters's inventive chefs cook in a more impromptu and earthy vein, drawing on the healthful, low-tech traditions of the cuisines of such Mediterranean regions as Catalonia, Campania, and Provence, while improvising and experimenting with the best products of Chez Panisse's own regional network of small farms and producers. In the Chez Panisse Cafe Cookbook, the follow-up to the award-winning Chez Panisse Vegetables, Alice Waters and her team of talented cooks offer more than 140 of the cafe's best-recipes--some that have been on the menu since the day cafe opened and others freshly reinvented with the honesty and ingenuity that have made Chez Panisse so famous. In addition to irresistible recipes, the Chez Panisse Cafe Cookbook is filled with chapter-opening essays on the relationships Alice has cultivated with the farmers, foragers and purveyors--most of them within an hour's drive of Berkeley--who make it possible for Chez Panisse to boast that nearly all food is locally grown, certifiably organic, and sustainably grown and harvested. Alice encourages her chefs and cookbook readers alike to decide what to cook only after visiting the farmer's market or produce stand. Then we can all fully appreciate the advantages of eating according to season--fresh spring lamb in late March, ripe tomato salads in late summer, Comice pear crisps in autumn. This book begins with a chapter of inspired vegetable recipes, from a vivid salad of avocados and beets to elegant Morel Mushroom Toasts to straightforward side dishes of Spicy Broccoli Raab and Garlicky Kale. The Chapter on eggs and cheese includes two of the cafe's most famous dishes, a garden lettuce salad with baked goat cheese and the Crostata di Perrella, the cafe's version of a calzone. Later chapters focus on fish and shellfish, beef, pork, lamb, and poultry, each offering its share of delightful dishes. You'll find recipes for curing your own pancetta, for simple grills and succulent braises, and for the definitive simple roast chicken--as well as sumptuous truffed chicken breasts. Finally the pastry cooks of Chez Panisse serve forth a chapter of uncomplicated sweets, including Apricot Bread Pudding, Chocolate Almond Cookies, and Wood Oven-baked Figs with Raspberries. Gorgeously designed and illustrated throughout with colored block prints by David Lance Goines, who has eaten at the cafe since the day it opened, Chez Panisse Cafe Cookbook is destined to become an indispensable classic. Fans of Alice Waters's restaurant and cafe will be thrilled to discover the recipes that keep them coming back for more. Loyal readers of her earlier cookbooks will delight in this latest collection of time-tested, deceptively simple recipes. And anyone who loves pure, vibrant, delicious fare made from the finest ingredients will be honored to add these new recipes to his or her repertoire. Format: Hardcover. Pages: 288.
- PlentyLondon chef and food writer Yotam Ottolenghi brings together this fresh collection of 120 vegetarian recipes based on seasonality and innovative flavor combinations. With inspiration from the diverse food culture of London and Ottolenghi’s own Mediterranean background, Plenty ’s recipes and vibrant accompanying photos are an essential for meat-eaters and vegetarians alike. 288 pages. Hardcover. Chronicle. 11"H, 8"W, 1.2"D.
- Chronicle Books From a Polish Country House Kitchen: 90 RecipesWith more than 150 splendid photographs, headnotes that illuminate Poland's vibrant food culture, and more than 90 recipes for classic and contemporary Polish food, this unique and fascinating cookbook brings an ignored cuisine to light. Pulitzer Prize-winner Anne Applebaum has lived in Poland since before the fall of communism, and this cookbook-nourished by her engagement with the culture and food of her adopted country-offers a tantalizing look into the turbulent history of this beautiful region. In a Polish Country House Kitchen celebrates long-distance friendships with a love of food at the core, bringing the good, sustaining foods of Anne's Polish country home into kitchens the world over. Format: Hardcover. Pages: 288.
- Clarkson Potter How to Cook Without a BookPam Anderson grew up watching her parents and grandparents make dinner every night by simply taking the ingredients on hand and cooking them with the techniques they knew. Times have changed. Today we have an overwhelming array of ingredients and a fraction of the cooking time, but Anderson believes the secret to getting dinner on the table lies in the past. After a long day, who has the energy to look up a recipe and search for the right ingredients before ever starting to cook? To make dinner night after night, Anderson believes the first two steps--looking for a recipe, then scrambling for the exact ingredients--must be eliminated. Understanding that most recipes are simply "variations on a theme," she innovatively teaches technique, ultimately eliminating the need for recipes. Once the technique or formula is mastered, Anderson encourages inexperienced as well as veteran cooks to spread their culinary wings. For example, after learning to sear a steak, it's understood that the same method works for scallops, tuna, hamburger, swordfish, salmon, pork tenderloin, and more. You never need to look at a recipe again. Vary the look and flavor of these dishes with interchangeable pan sauces, salsas, relishes, and butters. Best of all, these recipes rise above the mundane Monday-through-Friday fare. Imagine homemade ravioli and lasagna for weeknight supper, or from-scratch tomato sauce before the pasta water has even boiled. Last-minute guests? Dress up simple tomato sauce with capers and olives or shrimp and red pepper flakes. Drizzle sauteed chicken breasts with a balsamic vinegar pan sauce. Anderson teaches you how to do it--without a recipe. Don't buy exotic ingredients and follow tedious instructions for making hors d'oeuvres. Forage through the pantry and refrigerator for quick appetizers. The ingredients are all there; the method is in your head. Master four simple potato dishes--a bake, a cake, a mash, and a roast--compatible with many meals. Learn how to make the five-minute dinner salad, easily changing its look and flavor depending on the season and occasion. Tuck a few dessert techniques in your back pocket and effortlessly turn any meal into a special occasion. There's real rhyme and reason to Pam's method at the beginning of every chapter: To dress greens, "Drizzle salad with oil, salt, and pepper, then toss until just slick. Sprinkle in some vinegar to give it a little kick." To make a frittata, "Cook eggs without stirring until set around the edges. Bake until puffy, then cut it into wedges." Each chapter also contains a helpful at-a-glance chart that highlights the key points of every technique, and a master recipe with enough variations to keep you going until you've learned how to cook without a book. Format: Hardcover. Pages: 304.
- Ulysses Press Meals in a Jar: Just Add Water Homemade RecipesIt's as quick and easy as preparing a box of mac and cheese-but it's not store-bought junk, it's your favorite dishes made from scratch. With Meals in a Jar and a little planning, you'll have your pantry stocked with healthy, delicious ready-to-cook meals, like: Meals in a Jar is packed with step-by-step instructions for natural breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts that allow even the most inexperienced chefs to make scrumptious, nutritious dishes. Not only are the recipes in this book perfect for carry-along camping fare, rushed weeknight dinners and meals for Dad (or even a teenager) to prepare, they can also be life-savers in times of disasters like fires, blackouts or hurricanes. Format: Paperback. Pages: 160 pages.