Mexican Doll House The small mansion, believed to be is a copy of a house which once stood in Puebla, was discovered in an antique shop in Puebla in the spring of 1977. Although the facade of the house has some Moorish features, it is French in flavor, a reflection of many full-sized mansions in Puebla and Mexico City built over the years after the arrival of the troops of Napoleon III in 1862. In 1922, the house was wired and redecorated, giving the interior some feeling of the 1920s. The Paige automobile in the driveway is, along with a pair of early radio towers, from this period. Fully furnished, the house contains a drawing room, dining room, kitchen, bedroom, bath, music room, and chapel. A section of the removable facade covers each of these. The interiors are furnished primarily with fruitwood tables and chairs. Of particular note is the carved master bedroom suite done in the European style set against French-style panel wallpaper in pale pistachio green and ivory. Typical of the '90s, the house has German marble elaborate beadwork fringe. The house is generously accessorized with milk glass, soft metal and porcelain decorative art objects. The imaginative roof garden with aviary, gazebo, various bird houses and four-awninged art gallery lends tremendous animation to the facade as does the working exterior enclosed elevator that passes up through the three-story filigree stairwell. The house comes complete with six dolls dating from 1890-1920.