Shop this look
- Similar itemForm follows function, and nowhere is that more apparent than in a sculpted chair that anticipates the curves of the human body. Arne Jacobsen designed the SAS Royal Hotel in Copenhagen, and for its busy lobby, he created the biomorphic Egg (1958). With this design, Jacobsen embraced newthat allowed him to shape single-piece molded forms with fluid curves. At a time when others were experimenting with bent tubular steel, he focused on an upholstered shell, believing a solution existed that would still be true to modern ideals. Indeed, he met that goal. Set on a rotating base, the Egg Chair allows its occupant to swivel toward a conversation or away from others if privacy is desired, and it also tilts back for relaxed lounging. Its Basel upholstery is carefully sewn onto the frame by hand. Architects Herzog & de Meuron designed this special fabric to play with the light and textures found in the Grand Hall of the Elbphilharmonie Hamburg. “Inspired by tweed,” say the duo, “which has the rough homespun look and feel one associates with wool, Basel is durable and informal, yet it has class and style.” Egg is finished with piping made from the highest grade of Sorensen leather, and the black and white bases are perfectly matched to the fabric. This is the authentic Egg Chair by Republic of Fritz Hansen. Made in Poland. Egg Chair in Basel Fabric is a.
- Similar itemThe Gräshoppa floor lamp GM1 by Gubi embodies a stylish timelessness. The three-leg floor lamp GM1 of 1947 is one of the most important works of the Swedish-American designer Greta Magnusson Grossman. The design of the Gräshoppa floor lamp GM1 didn’t lose any of its individual charm along the decades. The design became a real classic since its origin in 1947: Through-thought and worked, Gräshoppa is presented without any changes. Gräshoppa suits in everywhere, as reading lamp besides the couch, in edges or as eye-catcher in rooms. Greta Magnusson Grossman has been inspired by Walter Gropius and Le Corbusier for her work. However, she still follows her own style and embossed the American Mid-Century-Design with European influences. Grossmann received numerous prices, not for nothing the Gräshoppa floor lamp GM1 by Greta Magnusson Grossman proved itself along the decades. The Danish company Gubi produces the Gräshoppa floor lamp after original designs of Greta Magnusson Grossman. The floor lamp is available in different colours.
- Similar itemThe juxtaposition of traditional design with the industrial chic elements of wood and metal result in a versatile storage cabinet. This unit is constructed of eco-friendly reclaimed wood and framed in rustic metal. Multiple drawers provide storage for office supplies, linens, clothing or games and toys while the open shelving unit offers display space for artwork and other collectibles. Reclaimed wood cabinetry. Metal frame. Metal hardware.
- Similar itemAdd a dash of the exotic to the home with this Zebra cow skin rug from Amara. Featuring an eye-catching zebra print, this rug is in the shape of a natural hide rug and is made from genuine cow skin. Wonderfully soft to the touch, cushions and poufs are also available in the same zebra print design, along with more cow hide designs from Amara. Please note, no two items will be the same as patterns vary due to the natural material used.Key features: * Material: French cow skin * Dimensions: L220xW190cm * Natural hide shaped rug * Each piece has a unique pattern due to the natural material * Black & white zebra skin design * Professional cleaning only * Vacuum in the direction of the hair * Avoid placing in direct sunlight
- The Bungalow 5 Meredith cabinet compels with a modern Asian-inspired vibe. Striking antique gold hardware accents this brown lacquered grasscloth furnishing's functional storage atop a turned base. 53.5"W x 18"D x 30"H. 4 doors. 2 adjustable shelves. Engineered wood. Opening in back for media capabilities. Wipe down with soft, dry cloth to clean.
- Similar itemThe Cobra Floor Lamp GM3 belongs to the Grossman collection by the manufacturer Gubi. Greta Magnusson Grossman received the Good Design-Award for her exceptional Cobra-designs in the fifties of the past century. The design of the Cobra floor lamp GM3 didn’t lose any of its individual charm along the decades. The design became a real classic since the 1950s: Thought and worked, the Cobra table lamp remained the same until today. The neck of the lamp can be directed to every side, therefore also the name “Cobra” for the awarded lamp. Whether as reading lamp near a sofa, in corners or as eye-catcher in a room: The Cobra floor lamp GM3 suits in everywhere. Greta Grossman has been inspired by Walter Gropius and Le Corbusier for her works. But she still followed her own style and embossed the American Mid-Century-Design with European influences. Grossman therefore received numerous awards, not for nothing the lamp by Greta Grossman has proven itself along the decades. The Danish company Gubi produces the Cobra floor lamp GM3 after original designs by Greta Magnusson Grossman. Besides the table lamp in different colours (warm grey, vintage red, blue grey and jet black), the Cobra lamp is also available as smaller table lamp.
- Similar itemCharles Pollock's 1963 Executive Chair features what he described as technology the use of a single aluminum band around the chair's perimeter to hold the design together, structurally and visually. Fifty years after its introduction, the Pollock Chair continues to exude timeless elegance. This chair comes with a black anodized aluminum/black epoxy frame. Features: Available with or without arms. Arms are seamless, black phenolic plastic. Upholstery available in a variety of KnollTextiles or Spinneybeck leathers. Seat and back are multi-density urethane foam. Button tufting on fabric and leather. Outer shell is integrally colored, black textured polypropylene. Frame is extruded aluminum with polished, satin or black anodized finish. Steel support plate spans the width of the seat cushion. Base is five-star design with hard or soft casters. Steel armature with polished aluminum, stainless or black epoxy-finished top caps. Base features 360 degrees swivel, tilt with tilt tension and pneumatic seat height adjustment. GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified. More fabric and color options are available;
- Similar itemA thick,soft pile highlights this area rug. Hand-tufted in India using premium quality wool,this area rug features a beautiful floral design in shades of white and black against green background.
- Similar itemThis cowhide rug offers rustic texture to modern interiors. In a natural shape, this neutral-hued floor covering lends charming and inviting comfort in Exotic black and white. 90"W x 78"L. 100% Brazilian cowhide. Due to natural cowhide, variations in color are to be expected. Spot clean or professional cleaning recommended.
- Similar itemThe Mib occasional chair delivers mid-century inspiration to contemporary interiors. A swiveling white shell body encloses plush, black velour cushions for invitingly fresh style. Polyblend fabric. Crafted from fiberglass. Foam cushion filling. Assembly required. Wipe down with soft, dry cloth and spot clean. 42.5"W x 42.5"D x 47"H. Seat: 25"W x 20.5"D x 18"H.
- Similar itemThe Skram Furniture Wishbone 3-Drawer Cabinet is narrow but deep, ideal as a file cabinet tucked underneath a Wishbone desk or arranged in multiples to create a custom console along a wall. It is made out of hand bookmatched hardwood veneer with solid wood edging. With their integral recessed pulls, the drawers glide smoothly along concealed, soft-closing runners. Features.
- Similar itemA melding of mid-century lines and warm, rustic materials makes this lamp both striking and exceptionally versatile. Crafted of iron with a rich, aged finish, the tripod base cinches in to form an airy column, then flares at the top to support a tapered drum shade. 66" high. Tripod base crafted from iron and steel. Finished with a distressed, aged-iron patina in black and brown. Topped with a natural paper drum shade. On-off pull chain. Pads under feet protect floors.