Seen a pair or awesome dyed shorts, but nearly died when you saw the price tag? well heres how to make 'em yourself!
What you need:
~obviously a pair of denim shorts! preferably lighter ones like pale blue or white, but most are fine, just not dark ones.
~ 2 colours of fabric dye (I'm doing purple & turquoise which looks great :D)
~a craft knife
~extremely hot water, its a good idea to have it boiling on the stove as you're getting these materials and doing the
steps until you need the water.
1. Get your craft knife and cut horizontal slits in the shorts, like in the legs or wherever (on the front and a little on the back) to give them that ripped, vintage look.
2. Tie up all the bottom of your shorts with the rubber bands.
3. Now put the whole packet of purple dye into the bucket. Then put a cup of salt in. Next put as much of the the boiled water you had on the stove in the bucket that the dye packet says you need to mix with it. And then mix it up. Put on your gloves, grab the shorts and dip them in up to halfway. leave them 'em in there for 2-3 minutes.
4. Take them out and untie all the rubber bands. You will see the awesome tie dye effect they've made.
5. Now tie up the top part of the shorts. Make up the turquoise dye. Dip the shorts in upside down up to the purple bit. be careful! leave in for 2-3 minutes again.
6. Take out the rubber bands from the top part of the shorts. Okay, so now put them in an old pillowcase and put them in the dryer.
These turn out really great so try it out and have fun :)