o-ccupied.tumblr.com // @checkoutthisview
requested :) our friends are the most important people in our lives and through out the years they become family. While it's totally okay to buy them something, you might come off as cheap or like you don't really care. Here are just some of the few ideas I can think of if you want to DiY instead. ♥
- This is always super cute. One of my favorite Youtube guru's friend made her a pink (her favorite color) vase in a pottery class. She has it in the background of all her videos :). There's tons of places you can make pottery and places where you can paint it. Go to google and see if you can find one or a class.
♥THOSE MASON JAR THINGS
- guys I am the best at remembering the names. Anyways, these are super popular at Christmas. Take the ingredients for something - cookies work well - and layer it inside the jar. Instead of me trying to (hopelessly) explain, here's a link to an example: http://christmas.organizedhome.com/recipes/gifts-in-a-jar/brownies
- Really easy to make and wonderful for their skin or lips, and, as a girl, I would love these. Just take sugar (dark brown if your skin is very sensitive), some kind of oil (organic extra virgin coconut oil, almond oil, safflower, or vegetable oil). Take 1 part oil and 2 parts sugar and mix it together. :) If you want it to smell really pretty, you can also stir in essential oils.
♥WHAT I'VE PERSONALLY DONE:
- Okay, so this is more for inspiration then a direct tip. My friend, Aspasia, LOVES my artwork, but I don't normally draw for other people. Anything I have drawn for her, though, she's hung in her room, so this year I made her a painting on a canvas to put there. It turned out gorgeous and she loved it. During Christmas, I made my group of friends wooden hearts during woodshop then decoupaged on fancy paper from Joann's. I used the fairytale set, so they said things like "There lived a handsome prince" and "Off on an adventure." All of them still keep it in their rooms and I thought that was really cute. :)
♥GREAT PLACES TO FIND MORE IDEAS:
- Polyvore tips. We have A LOT on cute things you can do for clothes if you know their size and the gift of food you can never go wrong with :) Know their allergies, though.. ._.
♥THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:
- What does she really like? If you DIY shorts for her and she hates her legs, you might not be doing the best idea
- What's her room like? Again, if you make, like, a painting, and she has a very strict theme in her room you didn't follow, not the best idea. Try to fit in her color scheme.
- Lurk her Facebook (if she has one.) Her likes can say a lottt about what she likes and give you idea.
- Put effort into it! If you don't even care about making her anything and don't even try, do you really care about her? It's a great way to show her what she means and it's really sweet :)
- Zoë Kay