I think these record bowls are so cute and would look great in a bedroom or something(:
Depending on if you already have extra records or how cheap you can get them, this project is free/or cheap.
Here's how to make your own-
*What You Will Need-
-A record, pick one depending on what size bowl you want. You can get records online, at record stores, at stores like Half Price Books (they sell them there for 50 cents!) or from your parents/anyone you know that has some they don't mind giving to you!
-An oven-safe bowl that's about the same size/shape as you want your bowl to turn out.
-A cookie sheet or something to put your bowl on
1) Find your record that you're going to use, and an oven safe bowl that is about the same size or a little bigger than the size you want your final bowl to be!
2) Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit
(or 100-120 degrees Celsius)
3) Put your oven safe bowl upside down on the cookie sheet, so that the bottom of the bowl is up.
4) Put the record you're going to use on top of the upside-down bowl. The inside of the record bowl will be the side of the record that is against the oven safe bowl.
5) Put it all in the oven! Make sure that everything stays in place. Leave it all in the oven for about 10 minutes. Watch it carefully!
6) After 10 minutes take your bowl out of the oven (using oven mitts!) and shape it more into the shape you want. If it gets hard again then stick it back in the oven for a couple minutes then shape it again
7) Now that you've shaped your bowl, make your oven safe bowl right side up on the cookie sheet like it normally should be. Put your record bowl inside the oven safe bowl and stick it back in the oven for a minute or so.
8) Make any final shapings you want to your bowl and take it out of the oven. Leave it to cool for a little bit on your counter but don't take the record bowl out of the oven safe bowl until it is totally cool.
And you're done!
Put your new bowl in your room to hold bracelets or yarn, or anything else you want, or give it to a music-loving friend as a gift!
song of the day-