- chain (best to have it cut to size at the hardware store)
- needle nose pliers
- gold hoops & clasps
1) Cut your spandex into 1 inch strips. Stretch them apart so they turn into round little pieces of "string"
2) Now that you have all your strips, create a series of 6 pairs and knot each one at the top. Now you're going to create a series of knots on each strip set. These will sort of act like beads.
3) To weave together, take two strip sets and use another individual strip to tie them together at the top. With the same strip, go under the right side, through the middle, and over the right side. Now go under the left side, through the middle, and over the right side. Bring it back around and start over. You'll need to do two of these in between each set of knots. Repeat until you've made 3 separate pieces.
4) Trim off the ends, and lay out in the way you'll be putting it together. Use another piece of spandex to weave through the ends of each piece and tie to one end of chain.
5) With another strand, weave through a few more times through the middle.
6) Use the excess strand fabric to wrap around each end where you attach the chain, and you're done!