these are super cute, and easy, if you're patient.
O1. What you need
*Base coat nail polish, we'll use white.
*Tape, of ok quality so it'll stick better
*3-4 other colors of nail polish
- So first, you want to paint stripes of the other colors of nail polish on the non-sticky side of the tape.
- Set the tape aside to let it dry COMPLETELY
- Paint your nails like you normally would, using the "white" nail polish and let it dry all the way.
- Once your nails and the tape have dried, cut off the painted strip of tape.
- Use /good/ scissors to cut thin strips of each color, but save one to be the main color, like the teal is in this picture.
- Start at the base of your nail with one of your complimentary colors and lay a thin strip horizontally across.
**press it down and make sure it sticks!
- Lay the thick strip of "main" color down vertically, sort of off center.
- Continue to layer the other colors in this fashion, using these pictures as a reference.
- Use cuticle clippers to cut off the excess tape.
- Apply a nice STRONG top coat over your nails, and you are done!
I did this last night, and it worked out great. You just need some patience.
good luck, and happy painting (: