This was requested by @kittykathearts on how to redo your old t-shirts, or what to do with them to make them your own. Here I have some ideas, along with some that I am planning to do to my own.
1) stud them up - purchase a pack of studs from a craft store or order them online (I would recommend shorter/flatter studs because the t-shirt is lightweight). You can stud anywhere on the shirt that you want. Some ideas:
• stud around the neck of the shirt
• if the t-shirt has a pocket, stud the pocket
• you can create a design with the studs
2) tie-dye - You can tie-dye the shirt however you want, with any colors you want
3) Make it into a tank top - It is very easy, and all you need are scissors! (I will make a set about this soon)
How to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZlW6GspLls&feature=related
4) Distress it - this will give it a very edgy look. You can cut holes into it, rip it, etc. But make sure you wear a tank top or bandeau underneath it.
5) Paint on it - using fabric paint, you can paint any design, character, or thing you want onto the shirt. Soon I will be painting a character from a Hayao Miyazaki film on one of my t-shirts! (I will make a DIY showing everyone how to do that soon!)
6) Create a cut-out design - Using fabric scissors, you can create a cut-out pattern onto the shirt. Make sure you wear a tank top underneath this one too! (I will make a set showing you how to do this soon too!)
Those are just some ideas on what to do with your old t-shirts and how to make them into something new. Sorry the descriptions were really short...but I am planning on making DIY sets on most of these soon so stay tuned! Hope you like it! ^-^v