If you have an old t-shirt you want to re-create or want to change, you can easily turn it into a stylish tank top. It is great for hotter months, and very easy!
What you will need:
2. fabric scissors
3. fabric pencil
What to do:
1. Lay your t-shirt out on a flat surface where you will be working
2. Take the fabric pencil and mark on the shoulder where you would like the end of the strap to stop. You can decide on how thick you want the straps to be. Just mark where you want to cut!
3. Take your scissors, and starting at the bottom of the armpit and cutting at a curve, cut the sleeves off. Make sure that you end where you marked on the shoulder.
4. When you have cut both sleeves off, take one of the sleeves and cut it so that it is one long piece of fabric, and no longer in a loop. (It would be like cutting the sleeve in half, only cutting one side of the sleeve so you still have one piece of fabric).
5. Cut the sleeve in half longways so that you have a thin, long piece of fabric.
6. Take the 2 straps you created in the shirt, and bring them together.
7. wrap the long piece of fabric around the middle of both straps, keeping them together. You can tie it in a knot, a bow, or keep wrapping it around and tuck the excess inside the knot.
This is a video I found that is a little different than how i explained it, but they are very similar. Instead of using the sleeves to create the knot in the back, she used a different piece of colored fabric. I just thought that using the sleeves would let it blend in more and the knot wouldn't stand out as much. But you can do it either way!
YOU ARE DONE! I hope you liked this easy way to turn a t-shirt into a tank top! ^-^v