I've been tagged three times by three very lovely people. It's all the same tag, but with different questions, so I'll be answering all 33 questions in this set. However, I am not posting the rules as I'm in a rule-breaking mood today (um, not really, but...).
the questions thought up by @katticusmac :
1. Favourite age you've been so far and why?
Either 4 years old or my current age (20). I feel like my childhood happiness level peaked at 4. I would never relive my teenage years ever. And now I'm ok and it's nice. So I suppose these are the two ages I've felt best at so far.
2. When was the last time you were really angry?
Last Friday night, I had a dinner party in a Chinese restaurant with two of my friends, my friend's boyfriend, and my friends's boyfriend's friend. The latter was the most insufferable clueless misogynist I had encountered in a very long time, and he said "that woman who is chief of that political party was so out of place discussing women's issues at the political debate" and I just lost it.
3. Favourite kind of sandwich?
Cream cheese and cucumber!
4. Do you have a nickname? If so what is it?
Not really. I have a two-syllable name, so people seldom give me nicknames.
5. What's the best advice you've ever been given?
You can't expect to change anyone.
6. When do you usually go to bed?
Between 10pm and 11pm.
7. What male celebrity do you think is mighty handsome?
Um... Ben Wishaw popped in my mind first.
8. Mountains or the beach?
Both! But if I really had to choose, the beach. I grew up near beaches and I feel at home and peaceful there.
9. What animated character would you say you most resemble and why?
The only one I can think of is Captain Haddock (in Tintin)... But I don't think that's very accurate. Oh! Maybe Lady Kluck from Robin Hood (1973), because of her independent feminist streak and general attitude, kind of like... a maternal fighter?
10. Have you ever had a food fight? If you have tell me about it.
No, but I've had icing fights! They weren't very aggressive, though. Mostly we were just putting icing on each other's nose.
11. If you had children - one girl , one boy, what would you call them?
Gwen and Neville.
the questions thought up by @cultofsharon :
1. what time do you wake up in the morning?
Between 6 and 7 on weekdays, and between 7:30 and 10 on weekends.
2. what was the last feeling you had?
brief joy! I just watched this ridiculous thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TegWM9Z8Jc&sns=em
3. where do you go to be alone?
museums, public gardens, cafés... I love going to those places on my own. To be completely alone, I stay in my bedroom.
4. what's your favorite thing in your bedroom?
I have a really pretty folding screen! It's white with a light raw wood frame, and the top has carvings of birds and waves.
5. describe your favorite pair of jeans:
straight/bootleg jeans of a classic denim colour. The waistline is at my belly button. The pockets are roomy. My mother found it in a second-hand store and thought it would fit me. It does fit me perfectly and it feels kind of natural to wear. I love it.
6. tell us about a recent dream:
I don't recall last night's dream. The last dream I can vividly recall is this one: I dreamed I was the wind. I blew through meadows in mountains and made daisies sway.
7. what is your astrological sign?
8. have you ever tried to put a spell on someone? if so, why?
I don't think so... I've played "witch" several times when I was a child. I might've done something to cure my friend when I was 12... But I don't think I did. I'm pretty sure I didn't.
9. which holiday has the best candy?
Valentine's Day, hands down. I love chocolate, and red gummies are my favourites.
10. are you more often sad or happy?
Happy. I'm not often sad, just perpetually melancholy.
11. what makes you feel nostalgic?
Everything! I'm a total nostalgic. I'm most nostalgic when random memories pop through my head.
the questions thought up by @littlewounds :
1. What is your dream career?
I'd work as an occupational therapist 3 days a week and for the rest of the week I'd write/tend my garden/care for angora rabbits/spin their wool/knit. I couldn't just have one full-time career or I'd become a perpetually-depressed old lady.
2. What is your favorite vacation memory?
When I was younger, my family and I would drive to Florida for the Christmas holidays. My favourite memories are the memories of Christmas Days. Almost every store is closed, and everyone in my family is in a good mood. It's a hot, slow-paced day. We don't rush anything. To me, it's the celebration of us (my father, mother, sister, and me). I remember this one time we were stuck in Daytona Beach, so we went to the beach and waded in the water and played with the seagulls. Then, we got Krispy Kreme donuts and savoured them under the sun. It felt nice.
3. If you could have tea with anyone (past, present or future. fictional or nonficitional), who would it be?
Albus Dumbledore, of course!
4. What is the one thing that always cheers you up when you are down?
Making and drinking herbal tea - peppermint or something flower-flavoured.
5. What is one adventure you would like to go on?
I'd love to help out on a farm. I'd also like to go on a lighthouse-hunting trip.
6. Give yourself a compliment (not a question but still.)
You are a good person, and don't let yourself tell you otherwise.
7. Do you have any special talents (examples: ballet dancing, painting, singing, etc.) and what talent would you like to have?
I play the oboe (and I can also play the flute, clarinet, bass clarinet, recorder, bits of the guitar, and bits of the piano). I knit. I'm kind of crafty? But I'm not very good. I'd just like to be better at it and do it more.
8. Favorite childhood film?
Robin Hood (the Disney cartoon version)
9. If you had endless money at your expense, what would be the first thing you buy?
A flat with appliances (especially a dishwasher).
10. What is the last thing you ate?
Lunch: macaroni, an apple, a chocolate granola bar, and a glass of milk.
11. What do you think you will be doing a year from now?
Down to the second: making supper. Generally, I'll still be studying occupational therapy. I hope I'll feel as good as I do now or better.
Once again, THANK YOU darlings for this tag! I'm not in a general mood to tag people lately, but I do love answering questions. I wish you three a lovely week. xx