Cosmic Love (Live @ Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam) - Florence + The Machine
(video is not mine and you'll hear a lot of people sing very pretty...sarcasticly ofcourse)
So previous week I went to the Florence + The Machine concert, as you might know from my previous set. The concert was amazing, I had such a good time! My day & mentionworthy points:
- We arrived 4 hours in advance of the show. It was typical Dutch weather, it rained and was cold. Luckily I had 5 layers of clothing on so the cold couldn't beat me.
- The venue, Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam, was enormous. Because we were so early we were one of the first to enter the venue so we were able to get amazing standing places. We stood in the front and exactly in the middle, I had 2 / 3 persons standing 'in front of me', that didn't matter because all of them were so much tinier than me so I had full sight on Florence ha!
- First, the supporting act performed. It was Spector, a London based band. They all wore suits and acted all cool. The sound was really loud, though.
- And then it began. The intro of 'Only For A Night' started and the whole venue got excited. Then all the bandmembers walked on the stage, Isabella, Robert, Tom etc. They started playing and suddenly there was the shadow of Florence Welch. Well, that's when all my 'neighbours' screamed and put their arms in the air. I smiled, I did not scream but smiled. And then she got on the stage. (video, not mine again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuAnDOcFuas )
Then they performed a lot of songs; Heartlines, Shake It Out, Rabbit Heart, 'acoustic' version of Sweet Nothing, No Light No Light and many more. But my favorites were Cosmic Love and Spectrum. Cosmic Love is my favorite song and she sung it so perfectly (the videoquality isn't that good but believe me she was goooood). I loved all the stars and the lights during that number. Spectrum was this enormous bounce of energy. There were kind of laser lights shining in the venue, and everybody was so bright and joyful. I love how the lyrics and the moment collided, it was really wonderful.
- Florence didn't wear shoes. She was on her bare feet, so she could move and she did, a lot. Also her dress was very flowy, and ofcourse it was Gucci. This dress in the set is the exact one she wore, the only difference is that this one is in black. Strange and funny was that her dress was in the same colours as the set that was inspired before I went to the concert. (I ended up wearing slightly different clothes but still same colors though :) )
I can definitely recommend going, when she'll be playing again. These weeks are her last performances before taking a year off. I'm glad I had the chance of seeing her. I still can't believe I saw her, she was so funny and charming. I respect and admire her even more!
Have a great week! xo
(@nawa this was my Florence-experience :))