- "Sixteen year-old Hazel Grace Lancaster is forced by her parents to attend a support group for children living with cancer" — @bitofbritt
- "Augustus always has a cigarette hanging between his teeth, though he doesn't actually smoke. “It's a metaphor, see: You put the killing thing right between your teeth, but you don't give it the power to do its killing.”" — @bitofbritt
- "Gus is a horrible driver, but he got his license because of what Hazel and he call, "Perks" (things they receive from people who feel pity for them.)" — @bitofbritt
- "Hazel convinces Augustus to read 'An Imperial Affliction', her favorite book, and he becomes almost as obsessed with it as she is." — @bitofbritt
- "In addition to countless text messages and phone calls, Hazel and Gus begin to spend more time together." — @bitofbritt
hola, my name's morgan. i tend to enjoy things like owls, toms, inspiring quotes, braided bracelets,...
- "Gus had saved his wish from "The Genies" (a fictionalized version of the Make a Wish Foundation), and wants to use it to fly himself and Hazel to Amsterdam, Netherlands to meet Peter van Houten, the reclusive author of 'An Imperial Affliction'." — @bitofbritt
I'm a nerdy british girl who laughs at surreal comedy and watches Bob's Burgers too much. J.K Rowling is my queen and Ed Sheeran is my husband...or will be...someday...I hope. I love cold, rainy...
- "While she is overjoyed by the proposal, she decides that she does not want to pursue a relationship with Gus, so that she can minimize the pain her eventual death will cause him." — @bitofbritt
- "Hazel realizes that she sees herself as a grenade, and her tearful admission of this scares her parents, although they do their best to comfort her" — @bitofbritt
Hello there my dear darling dollfaces, welcome to my blog. My name's Jasmine, i'm fourteen and I live in San Diego. I love anything that's pretty and pale, i'm also in figure skating and i enjoy the...
- "After waking up in agony, Hazel is admitted to the hospital with serious pneumonia." — @bitofbritt
- "During her week of convalescence, Gus visits several times, and informs her that he cares about her more than he worries about the pain she could cause him." — @bitofbritt
Attractive boys, cool videos, and good music. ~the original~ this blog was created and is managed by...
- "After her release, she realizes she's in love with him, and after some consultation with her doctors, she is cleared to fly to Amsterdam with Gus and her mother to meet van Houten." — @bitofbritt
- "Their meeting with the author goes less smoothly, as it emerges that Lidewij, his assistant, set it up without his full knowledge in the hopes that it would inspire him to give up alcohol and write again. Van Houten is scornful and rude to the teens, and refuses to answer their questions." — @bitofbritt
text, phrases, quotes, images. ask or submit.
- "Distraught by their reception, Hazel and Augustus leave van Houten's house, accompanied by a disgusted Lidewij. She takes them to the Anne Frank house, where they kiss to thunderous applause." — @bitofbritt
- "When they arrive back at the hotel, Hazel's mother isn't there, and they have sex for the first time." — @bitofbritt
- "Afterwards, Augustus reveals that his cancer has returned and has metastasized to several other parts of his body." — @bitofbritt
- "Even though he starts an aggressive treatment regimen when they return home, he is not expected to survive long." — @bitofbritt
Post anything (from anywhere!), customize everything, and find and follow what you love. Create your own Tumblr blog today.
- "During Gus' last days, he and Hazel reminisce about the "Good Old Days"." — @bitofbritt
- "Shortly before he dies, he asks Hazel and Isaac, another friend, to conduct a pre-funeral for him, so that he can hear how they will memorialize him." — @bitofbritt
- "Isaac is Augustus' best friend, who Hazel meets first in their cancer support group. He had eye cancer as a child, resulting in having a noticeable glass eye." — @bitofbritt
- "Eight days later, Gus dies, and Hazel speaks at his funeral. Instead of the earnest speech she gave to him and Isaac, she repeats platitudes that will reassure his parents." — @bitofbritt
hey there i'm sydney, and i'm hopelessly in love with many bands. :-( ♡
- "After the funeral, she meets van Houten who reveals that he had a daughter who died of cancer several years ago. She provided the inspiration for Anna, the main character of 'An Imperial Affliction' and his rudeness can be partially attributed to Hazel's appearance (she looks and dresses identical Anna)." — @bitofbritt
- "Hazel encourages him to get sober and write a sequel." — @bitofbritt
- "She also discovers Augustus had been writing something for her, although the pages were torn out of his notebook" — @bitofbritt
- "Eventually, she is able to track the pages to Amsterdam, and after an email to Lidewij, they are retrieved from van Houten." — @bitofbritt
- "Augustus wanted van Houten to turn his notes into a fitting eulogy for Hazel, but van Houten decides to leave Augustus's words alone." — @bitofbritt
- "The book ends with Hazel accepting Augustus's eulogy with a present tense, "I do."" — @bitofbritt
hi i'm stella i live in canada and it sucks everything is overrated idc
- "-Augustus Waters spoken to Hazel Grace. Now it's time for some of my favorite quotes from the novel." — @bitofbritt
"My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations."
― Augustus Waters
- "I believe the universe wants to be noticed. I think the universe is inprobably biased toward the consciousness, that it rewards intelligence in part because the universe enjoys its elegance being observed. And who am I, living in the middle of history, to tell the universe that it-or my observation of it-is temporary?”" — @bitofbritt
- "“As he read, I feel in love the way you fall asleep: slow, and then all at once.”" — @bitofbritt
- "“Keep your shit together," I whispered to my lungs.”" — @bitofbritt
I'm pictures, phrases, people, places, times.
- "“That's why I like you. Do you realize how rare it is to come across a hot girl who creates a adjectival version of the word pedophile? You are so busy being you that you have no idea how utterly unprecedented you are.”" — @bitofbritt
Hello lovelies. My name is Randi :) I don't have much to say, except for the fact that I am quite intimidated by the fear of being the average girl. Most people think they know me. sharpies • ed...
- "“You used," he said, and then took a sharp breath, "to call me Augustus.”" — @bitofbritt
young. dope. proud. "people come and go like seasons." ☯