November 2, 2012
Song of the day: The Last Time - Taylor Swift ft. Gary Lightbody
1) Argh. This is bad, guys. Bad. The earliest we're going to get our power back is next weekend, and once school starts up again on Monday, I will not be able to function without power. And we're not gonna be able to run our generator for much longer because there's like no gas. Anywhere. You literally have to wait on lines that are like over a mile long, and they're rationing it so you can only get like $25 worth. It's crazy. And I was at the gas station yesterday, and a little fight broke out between this man and woman because the woman thought the man cut her and oh my gosh it's just cray. And our fridge/freezer short-circuited or something so now we have no food in our house. And you know how much I love my food. Lol. And it's getting COLD over here!!! Sigh.
2) But anyways. The other night my dad was able to plug the TV into our generator for a little while lol so I watched a bit of The X Factor. And it was only the second time I'd seen it all season so I didn't really know any of the finalists. But I remembered Emblem 3 cause I actually watched their audition and--I must say, I kinda like them! And I didn't even realize this, but Carly Rose, who's amazing, by the way, actually lives pretty near me! Kinda cool, right?
3) Oh and while we're on the subject of TV, I must inform you of the newest addition to my repertoire of shows: Revolution. It's kind of like a "Lost" sort of show, I think. But yeah, I like it quite a bit.
4) Now, I came across this Tumblr the other day, and I thought I'd share it with you: http://thepolyvorecollection.tumblr.com/. Cause I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Lol. I know that sounds weird, but like, I don't know. Tumblr is turning Polyvore into something very different, and I just don't quite know how to react to that. Like, there was that generation--myself included--of Tumblr-discovering Poly girls, and now, you have these Polyvore-discovering Tumblr girls, and it's kind of... unsettling? It's just like, Polyvore is something completely different to them as it is to us, and they have a different style of layouts, and that's totally fine and all, but yeah... I don't know what to make of that. Haha I don't know what I'm saying. I'm just typing as I think here.
5) Ah the Frenchies are leaving tomorrow! So sad. Well, I guess going through Sandy was a unique experience. Lol.
6) Well alright. I can't remember what else I wanted to say, so I'll sign off now. Happy Friday! xx
UPDATE: If you were wondering why I didn't comment on 1D's new video, it's just because I forgot it premiered today until now! So, fangirling coming your way tomorrow ;)