I was tagged by my dearest @diegolohve so here i go:
1) What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
A vegan apple pie ;)
2) Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes and yes :)
3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
4) Did anyone close to you die?
5) What countries did you visit?
6) What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A lot of fun! I think 2013 was too serious, i had to deal with big issues, so this year all i want is to relax and enjoy.
7) What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The first day my baby boy slept in his own bedroom ;)
8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
To forgive myself and to forgive others.
9) What was your biggest failure?
To let myself drown in memories. It's ok to remember, but you can't live in the past.
10) Did you suffer illness or injury?
11) What was the best thing you bought?
A lot of striped shirts.
12) Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My son, sometimes ;)
13) Whose behaviour made you appalled?
Sometimes i don't understand my step-daughter's mind. But well, then i remember how i was at 17.
14) Where did most of your money go?
15) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16) What song will always remind you of 2013?
17) Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) happier or sadder?
It was a stressful year, sometimes i felt really sad and lonely, but then i realized how much i have accomplished and how much love i get from my family, so the sadness goes away quickly. I think, overall, i'm much happier today.
(b) thinner or fatter?
(c) richer or poorer?
Richer, i want to believe.
18) What do you wish you’d done more of?
To go to the beach more often. I'm 10 minutes walking away from the beach, so it's a shame i don't go there everyday.
19) What do you wish you’d done less of?
20) How did you spend Christmas?
Same as every year, with my whole family: husband, little boy, step-daughter and fathers-in-law.
21) Did you fall in love in 2013?
With my husband more and more.
22) What was your favourite TV program?
Masters of Sex!
23) Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24) What was the best book you read?
The Odyssey, Homer. Believe or not, i never read this book before. I read it out loud to my son through almost the entire year, he loved it!
25) What was your greatest musical discovery?
FKA twigs. That voice.
26) What did you want and get?
An L'erbolario perfume.
27) What did you want and not get?
An iphone :(
28) What was your favourite film of this year?
I haven't watched films released in 2013 yet, but i saw Ride for the first time and it really lingers in my head.
29) What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
30) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
31) What kept you sane?
Family, music and Polyvore.
32) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
33) What political issue stirred you the most?
I'm not into political issues, but i was stirred by animal rights, or the lack of them.
34) Who did you miss?
My father. He passed away 11 years ago, but i miss him every day.
35) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Wow, that's hard. I would have to say to let it go.
36: Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Idk if it sums up my 2013, but i love this Angel Olsen song
"Oh my God, I need you close
Took me enough time to know
And after all the things we've seen
Together, I can't let go
Together, I can't let go
Sometimes, I have to take you in my arms
Rest your heart against my heart
Oh, you know each day it means a little more
If my love
If your love
If this love
Is pure love
Free! Love, nothing can come between
All I want is to believe
That there's no harm, it's what we need"