I was tagged by my dear friend @mariloo and now it's my turn to answer the questions:
1. Can you remember your last dream? I was swimming in a beautiful lake with a waterfall. Which is funny, since I’m not a good swimmer!
2. 3 places you'd like to go on vacation? I’d love to go back to Paris & London. And to take a tour of Tuscany.
3. Do you like chocolate? Absolutely!
4. Which is your favorite part of the human face and why? The mouth… especially if it’s smiling.
5. Do you like rainy days or snowy winter days more? I don’t live where it snows, so I guess rainy days. If I'm sitting by the fireplace with a good book & a cup of tea.
6. Which is your favorite four-legged creature? A loyal dog.
7. Do you like spicy food? Not TOO spicy… just a little bit of “zip.”
8. Do you remember your favorite teacher? Yes. He was my high school band & orchestra conductor. We won many competitions under his direction. I was Principal flute, and this was an important part of my high school life.
9. Tell me about your favorite book, magazine, or comic. I’m currently rereading all of Jane Austen’s novels. They’re not exactly “modern,” and the language is old-fashioned, but she is so good at capturing peoples’ personalities that her books are timeless!
10. Tell me about the last movie you watched. “Argo”… and it was fabulous.
11. Tell me about your favorite music/band. I like all types of music: classical, country, Big Band, 50s & 60s “oldies”, jazz, international, I could go on & on!
12. Three favorite foods? You can bribe me with good-quality chocolate any time! :D
13. Do you like to shop? Only if I’m in the right mood, if there are terrific sales, or if I have a special event. It’s also fun to shop in my closet :D
14. Are you usually late, early, or right on time? Early.
15. Are you happy with your life for the most part right now? Yes, definitely… but I still have more I want to do.
16. What would be harder, telling someone that you love him or that you don’t? I’ve done both… telling someone that I didn’t was MUCH harder.
17. What’s your middle name? Anne
18. How big is your bed? Queen
19. What music are you listening to right now? The Oscar Peterson Trio.
20. Who was the last person you hugged? My husband… just a few minutes ago.
21. How is the weather right now? Sunny and a little chilly.
22. Are you a different person now than you were 5 years ago? Yes. I think I’m more patient and more creative.
23. Favorite fruit? Mango & papaya
24. Do you have a collection of anything? I collect vintage postcards from 1900 to 1930 that show women’s fashion.
25. Have you ever had a crush on a best friend? Nope
26. Would you ever tell a person you have a crush on that you like him/her? I think I’d be too embarrassed. I’d let my actions speak for themselves.
27. Do you consider yourself popular? I don’t think so. I have a few very close friends, and then a number of acquaintances. I prefer little dinner parties to big crowds.
28. Have you ever cut yourself on purpose? No.
29. Would you ever date someone older than you? Younger than you? In my dating years… yes and yes
30. Have you ever been on a diet? Yes, when I was younger, but not any more. Now I eat right and exercise.
31. Have you ever gotten detention? No.
32. Do you usually prefer books or movies? I prefer books, but sometimes it’s fun to see the movie after I’ve read the book.
33. Have you ever written a love letter? Oh, my, yes!
34. Are you a morning person or a night person? I used to be a morning person… now I’m a middle-of-the-day person!
35. Do you make wishes on shooting stars? Yes, and also on the first star. I’ve been doing this since I was 6 years old!
36. Celebrity role models? Audrey Hepburn
37. Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours? Yuck! Nobody! That sounds awful!!
38. How many piercings do you have? 1 in left ear and 1 in right.
39. What is the longest crush/relationship you have had? With my husband: we’ve been married 35 years on 5/20/13.
40. What is the meanest thing anyone has ever said about you? When I was in Junior High School, there was a boy who called me “four eyes” because I wore glasses. I used to cry in the Girl’s Room. Many years later, at my 20th H.S. reunion, this boy & I were talking, and it turned out that he’d had a crush on me! Go figure…
41. What is the best compliment you have ever received? That I’m a good listener.
42. What does your username mean? It’s short for “sophisticated.”
43. Have you ever made a prank phone call? Yes… my girlfriends and I used to do this all the time when we were about 12 years old. So embarrassing to think of now!
44. Do you smoke? Yuck! Never!
45. Have you ever been drunk? No.
46. Have you ever cried during a movie? All the time!
47. Do you take the shampoo/conditioner bottles from a hotel? Sometimes.
48. Do you always smile for pictures? Usually
I can see that this tag has made it all the way around Polyvore, so I am not going to tag anyone. Tag yourself if you would like to fill out this questionnaire!