- Similar itemDesign Eero Saarinen, 1956. Aluminum base, fiberglass, upholstery. Made in USA by Knoll. In 1956, Eero Saarinen addressed the "ugly, confusing, unrestful world resulting from the slum of legs underneath typical chairs and tables." In 1957, Knoll unveiled the Pedestal Collection by Eero Saarinen, known today as the Tulip Collection, which has evolved into a symbol of mid-century modern design and a mainstay of the Knoll design legacy. Son of the celebrated architect Eliel Saarinen, Eero was classically trained in sculpture and architecture. He collaborated with Charles Eames in 1937 which led to the creation of the Organic Armchair. Saarinen continued to develop great designs, all for Knoll. Among the many buildings for which he is known are Dulles Airport in Washington, D.C., and the TWA terminal at Kennedy International Airport in New York. Chairs feature a heavy, molded cast aluminum base and molded fiberglass shell. Platinum finish consists of a high-resilient polyurethane enamel wet coat with a clear satin finish. Chairs are available with or without arms in a fixed position or with swivel action. Base and shell finishes are available in white, black and platinum. Seat cushion is available in your choice of a variety of fabric options. 20" W | 18.5" h | 21.25" d | seat: 18.5" h.
- Similar itemFor the SoSo Collection French designer Jean Nouvel drew upon his -philosophy of nothingness” to create the simple, lightweight. -I just kept the same Emeco DNA and evolved it into a new light and comfortable chair", the SoSo armchairs are handmade of 80% recycled aluminum, by Emeco craftsmen using the same process Emeco has employed to fabricate the famous 1006 Navy Chair since 1944.
- Similar itemDesign Nendo, 2011. Veneered MDF, transparent or batch-dyed pmma. Made in Italy by Kartell. A bookcase with shelving featuring a series of satin-finished or transparent dividers set at slightly different angles like the shadows of a sundial. The detail in the separators set at various slants gives Sundial a note of originality and arouses curiosity. To the eyes of the beholder, the dividers and the books they hold look as if they are in constant evolution. Sundial is offered with a glossy white or black frame, has four horizontal shelves and available in your choice of vertical shelf colors. This light and versatile bookcase is of moderate size so that several units can be lined up together and easily be set against a wall or used as a room divider. The injection-molded dividers are satin-finished or transparent with contrastingly glossy edges. 39.4" W | 14.6" d | 65" h.
- Similar itemIn 1966, the Platner Collection captured the decorative, gentle, graceful shapes that were beginning to infiltrate the modern vocabulary. The iconic pieces are created by welding hundreds of curved steel rods to circular frames, simultaneously serving as structure and ornament. Construction and Details Table tops are available in wood, clear and bronze glass, coated and natural marble and natural granite in a wide range of colors. Base available in polished nickel or metallic bronze paint. Round top sits on base of vertical steel wire rods welded to circular horizontal and edge-framing rods. Clear plastic extrusion ring on bottom of the base for a smooth bottom surface. GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified for low-emitting products.
- Made in the U.S.A. Eco-Friendly. The breezy attitude which works so perfectly in Coastal Style interiors is gorgeously embodied in this sofa. Wide, welcoming arms invite you to curl up with a book, while the kick pleat bottom keeps things stylish and tailored. Upholstered in white denim cotton, this chair can also be covered in whatever fabric you choose. The possibilities are endless and the guarantee on the frame is for life. Slipcover can be removed for cleaning- dry clean only. 30 inches high x 29 inches wide x 36 inches deep; seat height: 19 inches; seat width: 28 inches; seat depth: 22 inches. Constructed using sinuous spring no- sag soft edge support construction combined with luxurious feather cloud fill consisting of soy based foam core, channel filled with 45% feather, 5% down and 50% fibers. FSC certified Maple hardwood frame. Upholstered in "Denim White" 100% cotton. Swatch samples available on request; sample will be mailed for approval before order goes into production. Customer's Own Material option available - 6 yds. required. Please contact us for details. This is a made to order item -
- A showcase armchair for the latest advancement in fabrication! This chair is entirely produced from multicolor plastic material and moulded using a rotational technique. The material is recycled to underline Cappellini's focus on the theme of conserving raw materials for future generations. The internal part of the seat is colored white. Features: Internal surface of the seat is white. Manufactured from multi-colored recycled plastic material with rotational technology.
- Update the look of your living room with a modern twist on the traditional coffee table. The rustic, reclaimed wood of inlaid parquet creates a beautiful yet practical surface, ready to support your magazines, hors d’oeuvres (and occasionally, a perching party guest) in style. A contemporary, black metal base features circular shapes that make this table feel light and open within your modern urban loft or living space. 19 inches high x 60 inches wide x 33 inches deep. Constructed from white cyprus reclaimed wood and metal. Metal base has a textured painted black finish. Metal base features open circular design. Features curved parquet design tabletop.
- Similar itemOne of Kartell's newest products and largest pieces of furniture they have ever produced. The Kartell Sundial is a room divider bookcase features compartments at different angles reflecting the shadows of a sundial. This provides an interesting design with the books stored at angles to make them look like they are revolving. The shelf comes in satin or transparent dividers with a glossy outer casing in white or black. It can be stored up against a wall or set up as an room divider with several units set up side by side if you have an open plan living space. The room divider bookshelf frame is made from wood veneer in a glossy lacquered finish with the dividers in a polycarbonate. Designed by Nendo. Dimension: Width- 100cm. Height- 165cm. Depth- 35cm.
- Similar itemThe comfortable, stacking Luxembourg Low Chair is made of an aluminum tubular frame and has shaped extruded aluminum slates for the backrest, seat and arms. Fermob furniture undergoes several stages of rust proofing followed by two paint stages: a Fermob-exclusive process in one of the most efficient plants in Europe. The paint is a DuPont powder, 100% polyester, anti-UV, deposited electrostatically on the furniture for optimal coverage, then baked at 193°, just like in the car industry. Ecological paint protects both the environment and your health: the powder paints used by Fermob contain no solvents. They are 100% recyclable and are recycled in a zero-waste installation. 3 Year Guarantee. 100% polyester baked anti-UV powder coating. 28"W | 34"D | 29"H | 16" Seat Height.