Everyone has their own style, so it can't be right or wrong. But here are some tips on creating an outfit that suits you, and does not look mix matched.
01. Pick out some eye-popping pieces that you can picture yourself wearing. Don't grab something off the shelf because it is a pretty color; chances are... when you get home and try it on before school.... IT LOOKS HORRIBLE!:( Then you have nothing to wear. I suggest you try everything on first.
02. Be a fashion designer for the day. Grab a cute top, then head towards the pants and hold the shirt up to as many cute pants you can find. Head to the accessories, and accessorize. Piece together an outfit that matches! * Suggestions: Flower-patterned pants, with a solid color top (that brings out the color in the pants), a cute layered necklace, and any earring of your choice. (that math the necklace or course!(: )
03. Keep track of how much you are spending, if you have a set budget... add the outfits as you are putting them together. (example: if one pair of pants are over-the-top, try a new pair.
Example Outfit: All colors work together.
-Coral Blazer, rolled up (inside textured)
-Light orange tank top
-Rolled up light denim skinny jeans
-Peach colored Heels
*Working With what you have:
01. Plan it out. Same thing you do when shopping, except your closet is the store. Pick out outfits for the week so you are ready to go in the morning.
Tip: When you wear one outfit, wear that same out fit again in 2 weeks
When wearing plan colored jeans: It does not matter how often you wear them, only if they are colorful
and patterned. (flower pants).
02. If you hate your clothes. Suck it up! Make it work! You can wear that same old shirt with a blazer and it can look 100 percent better than before! Learn to make it work. Just accessorize!
Things to Spice up your outfit.
-trendy shoes (not your plain old uggs)
01. Match with your outfit! If you are wearing a orange head band with a yellow top, hello sunshine! Don't mix match.
02. Dressed for cold weather?, wear your hair down. When you are wearing a tank top, with shorts; buns & ponytails always look nice! I prefer to wear my hair down 24/7, but changes are always good.
I hope this helped girls!