mountain sound│of monsters and men.
this might be something, this might not be. just a little idea running around my head.
Welcome to Bainbridge Antiques, situated in the borough of Hammersmith, London. Filled with exquisite items, it’s the place to be if you love and deal antiques. However, that is not it’s only purpose. Look further then the antique jewels and you will find a small group of people, a company who deal with the things you don’t want to. Made up of misfits and the misunderstood, the Bainbridge Antique Company deal with the supernatural and the superhuman and everything in between. Ran by Zachary Bainbridge, a mysterious but well respected man in the community, he along with his employees work around the clock to ensure that London and most of England is a safe place to be, without recognition of course. So if you ever need something dealing with, something you wouldn’t dare speak of over a whisper, then this is the place to go. Bainbridge Antiques, dealing with all things old and we’re not just talking artifacts.
- Zachary has been around the block a lot. But living for over 100 years would do that to a person. Zach isn’t what you would call normal. Or sane for that matter. He hasn’t aged since the early 1900’s and has a whole range of powers hidden beneath his sleeves. Charismatic and attractive, he’s never short of ladies, and employees for that matter. He runs Bainbridge Antiques, a small shop on a corner in Hammersmith, London. Which isn’t actually an antiques shop, it’s a company of sorts, a company who deal with the hunting and killing of all things superhuman and supernatural. Known for his explosive temper and fits of rage, many people tend to stay away but there are a select few [the crazy, maybe stupid ones] that stuck around and have never left. Zachary might not show compassion right away but he is learning. He is hiding many secrets, one being he hates antiques, ironic considering his shop sells them but it’s just a front for his hobby, of sorts. A control freak and obsessive compulsive, his flaws outweigh his good bits but all in all, he is a good guy. If you look hard enough, that is.
- Montana is a wildcard. She is volatile, impulsive and if you’re not careful around her, she most likely shoot you before asking questions. The American export at Bainbridge Antiques, you either love her or hate her. Sarcastic and impatient, Montana can’t stand waiting around for life to go by, or for cases to come into the shop. So she looks for her own, which usually end up being complete disasters but she manages to deal with them, just. Resourceful and extremely sly, no one can deny that Montana knows what she is doing, although Zachary wouldn’t agree. He believes she is a damsel in distress which pisses her off to no end. She and Zachary never see eye to eye and it doesn’t help that he calls her ‘Monty’ which riles her up at the drop of a hat. The sexual tension is there for all to see but with these two, things could never end well. Plus with the reappearance of Rupert and a slow burning interest in Sam, things are most definitely about to get messy for dear old Montana.
- the self confessed nerd of Bainbridge Antiques, Lou is laid back, laid back enough for all of the employees put together. She barely raises an eyebrow when the fighting commences in the shop and is content to let everyone else run the show, but she has no choice in this considering Zachary won’t let her leave unless she’s heading home, which is conveniently placed at the back of the shop. She’s not a prisoner in so many words but Zachary has been her keeper for over 20 years and he isn’t planning on letting her go now. Lou is the brain of the outfits and she’s the one who tracks their cases. She seems content in her life but everyone knows she would love to get out and see the world. It’s a shame Zachary just won’t let her go.
- Sam is basically all brawn however he does have some brains in his head, you just have to look hard enough to find them. He is the muscle of the group, which annoys the hell out of Leon but even he can’t deny that Sam is ripped. He has been with Bainbridge Antiques for 10 years now and has only ever left the company once and even then he came back within a month, claiming life on the outside just wasn’t his cup of tea. His family have been ‘serving’ Zachary for as long as he has been around, [some kind of curse that Zachary thought would be a great idea when he was a young man] and the line might just end with dear old Sam, unless he can find some poor, innocent woman to have his child. Zachary has been match making but it turns out Sam is a hard guy to please, although I bet if you put Montana in front of him, he wouldn’t say no. A moody, temperamental guy with indecent and sometimes cruel intentions to others, it’s best to stay away from Sam, especially once he has had a drink. Let’s just say, you do not want to get on his bad side once he’s downed a bottle of whiskey. I don’t think anyone has surfaced alive when they have.
- You would never believe it now but once upon a time, Henry was a gun toting, mullet wearing hunter down in the deep south of America. And before that, he was actually a real life cowboy. He had the lot, checked shirts, ripped jeans, even the cowboy boots and Stetson, even though they were vintage pieces. He claims he had to fit in but the others suspect he wore the clothes for fun. Henry, no matter how quiet he may look, has skills that a lot of the others don’t. He’s a world class tracker and can find anything in a hurry. Zachary calls him his own personal ‘bloodhound’ but as you can probably guess, the nickname doesn’t go down too well with dear old Henry. An old soul, [he’s even older than Zachary himself] he prefers the quiet life but he always finds himself brought back to the job. He swears it’s a curse but deep down, he knows he can’t just stop doing what he does best; sniffing out the bad guy.
- Like Sam, he is all muscle but he actually has the brains to match his impressive size. A double threat, Zachary hired him in a heartbeat when he found him beating up a creature in a back alley in Camden after catching it in an intricate trap. This immediately caused conflict with Sam but Leon actually does not give two fucks about what Sam or any of the others think. He knows he is good at what he does; hunting and until he becomes shit at it, he isn’t going to stop, whether everybody likes it or not. Leon has a sensitive side however, which is reserved for Lou and Bianca only, but ask him and he will deny all knowledge of ever knowing how to be nice. He will even go as far as threatening you if you even mention the ‘g’ word. If you thought the Hulk had anger issues, guess again my friend.
- Bianca is…well no one actually knows what she does at Bainbridge Antiques. She’s there most days but never actually leaves the shop or joins in on the research. Everyone believes she is only there to keep Leon’s monsters hidden but there are theories about her; she is Zachary’s secret lover and that she just couldn’t be apart from him, or that she is a vampire merely waiting to strike from the inside in an act of vengeance. This last one could be true, seeing as no one has actually ever seen her out in daylight but until proven, she is part of the team. But she is most definitely hiding something. A friendly woman, she tends to deal with the actual people who come into the shop to buy antiques, which annoys the others to no end but they did choose to hide their business in an Antiques shop.
- Rupert, like Zachary, is an old guy with a whole spectrum of powers. The only difference is that Rupert is kind and thoughtful, the complete opposite to Zachary. An Irish lad, born and bred, in the very early 1900’s, he survived the famine and in a small twist of fate, he ended up never ageing again. Scared of his powers originally, he went into hiding, unsure that he would hurt someone if he didn’t. Resurfacing a couple of years later, Rupert decided he was going to ‘man up’ and he joined the army of World War II, bringing his country to victory, kind of like “Captain America” did. Rupert stumbled across Zachary in the late 50’s and they became firm friends until a woman came between them. After a disastrous fight which destroyed pretty much half of New York, where they had been living, Rupert walked away. It has only been in the past couple of years that he and Zachary have been on speaking terms and Rupert makes random appearances here and there when his expertise is needed. His expertise being he is able to wipe out any evil forces within a 5 mile radius with a flick of a hand and he is also able to wipe and alter memories, which is always a good think when civilians are involved.