Hey girls it's Nicci here! :) And here's a few suggestions for some really good hair masks, I haven't tried them all myself, but they're homemade and healthy! :D
Pointers to help you get started:
-If you don't have all of the ingredients try Googling some substitutes.
-Don't get grossed out by it, and if you do, girl up and keep going.
-Wear a junk t-shirt/tank and keep a dry and wet towel on hand.
-If your face gets wet, dab, don't wipe.
And here's the recipes:
|A Mask for Overall Hair Greatness|
○1 ripe avocado
○1/2 cup coconut milk
○3 teaspoons olive oil
1. Mash your avocado completely.
2. Add the coconut milk and olive oil, stirring rapidly to combine it all.
3. Warm up your mask on the stovetop until it's slightly warm.
4. Apply the mask from roots to ends, massaging it into your scalp.
5. Leave on for at least thirty minutes or as long as you can, and then wash your hair.
|A Nourishing Mask for Silk'n'Shine|
○2 tablespoons acacia honey
○1 tablespoon olive oil or almond oil
○1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1. Mix up all your ingredients.
2. Before washing your hair apply the mixture to the roots and comb through.
3. Leave the mask on for an hour; then rinse it out.
|A Thickening Mask for Massive Volume|
○1 ripe banana
○1/2 cup flat beer
○1 tablespoon of honey
1. Mash your banana, creating a thick consistency.
2. Mix in one egg and blend until smooth (hand mixer could be helpful...).
3. Add 1/2 cup of flat beer, then a tablespoon of honey and blend.
4. Apply to scalp, roots and all the way to your ends.
5. Let your mask sit for a few hours, and then shampoo out.
|De-Frizz Your Hair Mask|
○1/2 cup honey
○1/2 cup yogurt
○1 tablespoon almond oil.
1. Combine all your ingredients together
2. Massage into hair from root to ends.
3. Let this sit for twenty minutes before washing out with an all natural shampoo.
|Lustrous Banana Avocado Mask|
○1 medium banana
○2 Tbsp honey
○3 Tbsp buttermilk
○3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Mash banana, egg and avocado in a small bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
3. Apply to hair from roots to tips.
4. Leave in for 30 minutes and then wash out with a moisturizing shampoo.
5. Double the recipe for long hair.
6. Use twice a month to maintain healthy hair.
|Silky Yogurt Hair Mask|
○1 egg white
○1/4 plain organic yogurt
○1/4 cup mayonnaise
1. Beat egg white until frothy.
2. Mix with yogurt and mayonnaise.
3. Massage into wet hair.
4. Cover with plastic shower cap or plastic wrap.
5. Leave in for 30 minutes, then wash out with a mild shampoo.
6. Rinse with very cold water.
7. Use monthly to moisturize hair.
| Avocado Lemon Hair Paste|
○1 whole ripe avocado
○1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
○1 teaspoon sea salt
○1 tablespoon aloe juice or gel
All of these recipes are a combination from these sites:
Hope these help! :D
God Bless and hugs,