Hey everybody! @crasjiazygood here! Today, I am going to teach you how to get Aria's style. Let's get started:
The best way to get her style is to hit up some thrift stores and vintage shops for some cheap finds. Don't forget that its ok to splurge on a good quality purchase once in a while too! So here are some key elements in her style:
1) feather earrings or any other vintage drop earrings: She wears this look alot with her hair down in waves so that the earrings peak out from underneath.
2) Patterns: lace, stripes, vintage floral patterns, and some bright colorful yet suttle florals and animal print (suttle edy cheetah print) and aztec print (like the vest in my set).
3) Layering: Oh my goodness layering is key when it comes to Aria's style! She wears layers such as a colorful scarf over a dress over lace tights. That is what makes her style so cool is her layers that just make her ensembles fashionable! This may sound like a big money spender....but layering is the easiest!! You can find lace or patterned tights, and knee high socks at places like Forever 21, or H&M for really cheap! She usually wears high waist shorts, skirts or dresses over tights so mostly get basic dresses in colors that you can wear for all seasons such as light blue, black, cream, rose, lavendar, etc. Then you can splurge on a cute patterned dress with lace!
Embrace legwear. Tights, thigh-highs, knee socks and ankle socks are must-haves for fall and some of Aria’s favorite pieces. They keep your legs toasty (key when transitioning your summery dresses into fall) and they work with a plethora of shoes. Extend the life of your favorite strappy sandals past summer by wearing them with socks.
Mix it up. Combine different textures, fabrics, colors and patterns. Mix a cotton dress with a leather jacket, try wearing a plaid dress with a crochet shrug, or top off a silk dress with a sheer chiffon top. Those are just some examples of how Aria layers and shakes things up in her wardrobe.
4) Overalls!! She wears these over swimsuits as a swimsuit coverup...uber cute! Along with it over colorful undertops (bustier tops, bandeaus, tight crop tops).
5) Boots! Boots are her wardrobe staple during winter and fall. She pairs them with knee high socks to change up the look of the boots! You should definitely get combat boots if you dont have them already! They look great with scrunched down socks and knee highs.
6) Accessories: Scarves, belts!!!, 50s inspired shades, aviator shades, earrings, statement bracelets, and legwarmers/knee high socks
7) more clothes: high waist shorts, graphic tees, crop tops, tie front tops, bustier tops paired with high low skirts or high waist skirts, button down tops used as a regular top, tie front top, or cardigan!! (by the way, button down tops are so amazing for those 3 uses! They can be worn over and over again! She tends to pair them with a bustier top wth a skirt or with high waist shorts)
8)Fringe tops!! Oh you can easily DIY this! Just cut vertical strips on a tee you dont want! Free fashion! :)
9) Shoes: gladiator sandals, pumps (any kind! but every girl needs a pair of nude pumps in her wardrobe because they go with everything!!), combat boots, flats, and loafers.
10) Makeup: mascara, eyeliner, defined eyebrows, nude /pink lips
11) Hair: easy simple waves, side braids, high bun, straight hair in a short cute bob cut
Here is a collection of clothing items Aria would wear! http://www.polyvore.com/what_would_aria_montgomery_wear/collection?id=1749140