Hi, guys! It's Laura. :)
Giving presentions for school can be so nervewracking! I hate it. :( But luckily for you, I've had to give a lot over the years and have some tips for making it a little easier. Hope this helps!
+ BE PREPARED
This pretty much means:
- having your information together on flashcards or a poster, PowerPoint, paper, etc.
- making sure you know what's expected or what you'll be graded on
- practicing giving your presentation to a friend, your family, your cat, or a stuffed animal
- just making sure you know your stuff
+ DRESS THE PART
Wear something that gives you confidence, but won't distract from your presentation (ex. jeans, simple top, blazer/cardigan, simple shoes, and necklace/scarf). If fidgeting is a problem for you, wear something that you can't really play with, like a simple dress and jacket.
+ CALM DOWN
Don't get too worked up about it! Take a few deep breaths, then go out there and do your best!
+ ZERO IN ON A FRIENDLY FACE
It's important to make sure you look around at everyone in your audience, but find a friend or your teacher before you start and pretend you're giving the presentation to them.
+ SOME THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE PRESENTING....
- look around at everyone in the audience
- act interested in your subject
- speak clearly
- don't fidget (talk with your hands, if it helps)
- avoid speaking in run-on sentences or using "um" or "uh" too much; if you feel like you need to, just pause for a second or two until you figure out what to say next
- be professional
- be confident!