My friend made one of these. i really want to make one but i dont have a can of oats! nobody in my family eats oats! I keep my headbands either in my drawer or on my little accessories table. They look all messy when they like, so here is a way to solve that problem!
-a tin or cardboard can of oats. (the big ones) with the lid
- fabrics of your choice or construction paper
- Decoupage glue or hot glue
1) clean out the container. Wash the insides, and dry it with a paper towel. make sure there are no oats at all! Then take the label cover/wrap off of it. Like the Quaker oats label.
2) take the lid off and put Decoupage glue all over the oats can and then put fabric or constuction paper on top. You will have to measure the fabric before you put it on. and place the fabric on the can, cut off the excess if needed.
3) smooth out the headband holder, pop the lid back on! and tah dah! you got a headband holder!!!!
YOu can use whatever fabrics or paper you want for the outer layer. Be creative! credit to this http://www.ehow.com/how_5203010_make-headband-holder.html
So anyways this is my last tip! im also done with my exams! But now i have to get ready for my trip. if you didn't know...http://www.polyvore.com/my_plans_scheduale/set?id=40620724
I'll check on this account when i can. But no more tips til January. I bet i'll get some ideas while im gone! i'll miss you guys!