okay, so you're a cheerleader, a dancer, gymnast, figure skater, or anything that requires flexibility?
use this tip to help you get your splits down FAST ♥
- you're gonna need a stretching plan to get them down fast (:
- ALWAYS WARM UP BEFORE YOU STRETCH!
- stretch for two segments of 15 minutes everyday, so like; 15 in the morning, 15 in the evening.
- it's super important that you do stretch everyday.
- if you absolutely CAN'T stretch one day, do double time the next day.
- stretch for two segments of 3O minutes a day; one in morning & one in evening (:
- by increasing the amount you stretch weekly, it gets your body used to being stretched (:
- Stretch for 3 segments of 3O each day, one in the morning, one in afternoon, and one at night. (:
- keep using this third week schedule until you get your splits downn (:
+ lay on your tummy
+ turn out your legs so that the insides of your thighs are on the ground
+ put your feet together & try and get them as close to the ground as possible (:
+ picture; http://gvctemp17.virtualclassroom.org/sports/dance/dance%20pics/stretch5.jpg
- V-stretch (yes, some of the names are made up lol)
+ sit on your butt
+ stretch your legs out as far away from you on either side as possible.
+ lean your body to the left & then to the right...
+ picture; http://www.polymath-mind.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/V-stretch.jpg
- Jazz Splits/One Leg stretch;
+ start going into your splits, but when you can go any further, bend your leg behind you
+ reach & stretch over you front leg (it should be fully straight)
+ flex & point your feet & try to use some hyper extension to get your heel off the ground ( this is helpful in all stretches :) )
+ picture; http://www.academyofballet.net/images/MainGallery/default/Content/aobQ0017.jpg (like that jump, but on the ground)
-middle & side splits, of course :P
hope this tip helped, i might add a few more stretches later, :)