Shop this look
- The Shell Chair is developed out of Michael Dreebens ongoing interest in traditional craft practices in North India - in this case saddle making. Exquisitely made saddles have been produced in India for centuries, and although some horse culture persists, it's waning as India becomes more technologically developed. The Shell Chairs attempt to incentivize this skilled trade by providing these artisans with a new market for their craft, and hopefully encouraging them to pass it on to younger generations. The shape of the chair is an homage to Scandinavian design of the mid-twentieth century and embraces some of its core values: it's clean of line and is intended to emphasize the leather forming and stitching, it's deeply comfortable, and it's durable – like the saddles it's derived from, it's crafted from thick, top-grain leather, and with reasonable care, will last for decades. Frame: Soaped Oak. Leather: Black leather.
- Similar itemSimple, contemporary aesthetics work with the rusticity of reclaimed wood in this contemporary coffee table. The original coloring of the inlaid wood surfaces creates a feel that is at once vibrant, rugged, and quietly sophisticated. Hand-worn and coated with a clear sealant, this singular piece celebrates green craftsmanship. Featured online and at our Bronx and Hackensack locations.
- Similar itemDesign by Simon Legald, 2013.By Normann Copenhagen. Onkel, Danish for "uncle", is a luxurious sofa that combines the simplicity of modern forms with the soft curves of the olden days. The outer shell of the sofa has a firm expression, while the cushions are comfortable and inviting. Consisting of a frame with cushions upholstered in either durable furniture textile or soft leather, the inspiration for the detail on the cushion is from the typical aesthetic of pre-1950s era sofas. The materials used for the shell and cushions have been kept in the same color and there is a lacquered frame in a matching shade, lending simplicity to the design and making Onkel stand as a unified whole. Available in a range of textile colors, as well as a high quality pigmented leather version. For the 2-seater version, please see Onkel 2-Seater Sofa.
- Similar itemHeight: 70cm Leg height: 60cm Width: 40cm Depth: 38cm. Weight: 5.2kg. Designed by Alvar Aalto in 1935. Birch veneer seat. Curved birch plywood backrest. Clear lacquered finish. Made in Italy.
- Similar itemDesign by Andersen & VollBy Muuto.Rest is a sofa series with a welcoming and warm appearance that invites you to sit back and relax! Boasting an internal steel base and wooden frame and a defined back and bottom filled with soft cushioning and feather filling, the Rest 3-Seater Sofa is a trifecta of sturdy, stylish, and comfortable design. Select from several rich upholstery options. Also offered in a 2-Seater version.
- Design by Benjamin Cherner, 2002.Made in the U.S.A by Cherner Chair Company. The Cherner Lounge Chair with Arms is a handsome example of a dynamically comfortable piece of furniture. For those who wish to relax in high style, this lounge chair provides an exceptional back rest. Much like a beautiful woman, the chair has slim legs, an hourglass waist and a fan shaped back. Norman Cherner first designed this chair in 1958. It made such a splash in the design scene that it showed up on a 1961 Saturday Evening Post cover illustration by Norman Rockwell. In 2002, Benjamin Cherner redesigned this latest version. His main concern was keeping the curves of the chair while making it visually light. The Cherner Lounge Chair with Arms features a seat molded from a single piece of plywood, and a wood base made from two pieces of laminated beech. Face veneer Cherner Lounge finishes are available in Classic Walnut, Natural Walnut, Classic Ebony or Red Gum. Available in a wide range of fabrics or leathers. For added comfort, consider the Cherner Ottoman.
- Update the look of your living room with a modern twist on the traditional coffee table. The rustic, reclaimed wood of inlaid parquet creates a beautiful yet practical surface, ready to support your magazines, hors d’oeuvres (and occasionally, a perching party guest) in style. A contemporary, black metal base features circular shapes that make this table feel light and open within your modern urban loft or living space. 19 inches high x 60 inches wide x 33 inches deep. Constructed from white cyprus reclaimed wood and metal. Metal base has a textured painted black finish. Metal base features open circular design. Features curved parquet design tabletop.
- Similar itemHeight: 70cm Leg height: 60cm Width: 40cm Depth: 38cm. Weight: 5.2kg. Designed by Alvar Aalto in 1935. Birch veneer seat. Curved birch plywood backrest. Lacquered finish. Made in Italy.
- Similar itemSo versatile, this settee will provide additional seating in a small living area, home office, foyer or bedroom. The solid wood frame features exquisite carved details that are accentuated by the washed finish. A tight back and single cushion provide a formal, yet still comfortable appearance and neutral upholstery finished with designer details like self-welting complete the look. Solid oak wood frame. Hand-applied finish. Linen upholstery. Dimensions : H: 35.5" W: 61" D: 28"
- Similar itemAdd a transitional touch to your home decor with this wooden coffee table. Featuring a white wash finish, this table brings style to any space. Style: Transitional Table Finish: Wooden Finish, White Wash Finish, Tan Finish Color: Tan Materials: Wood Shape: Square Dimensions: 36.5 inches x 36.5 inches x 18.5 inches Shape: Square Type: Cocktail Tables, Coffee Tables, Accent Tables Material: Wood Style: Casual, Contemporary, Modern, Southwestern, Rustic, Transitional, Vintage Assembly: Assembled Exact Color: Tan Finish: Textured, Tan Finish, Wood Finish Color: Tan Color: Tan.
- Similar itemDesign by Hans Wegner, 1951. Made in the U.S.A by Modernica?. Not too hard, not too soft, with wood tipped arms like big bear paws, the Papa Bear Chair cuddles the sitter with a big bear hug. The Papa Bear stature and peek-a-boo walnut armrests highlight this cozy reading/lounge chair. The broad, upright button-tufted seat back seems to envelope its inhabitant. Tipped wood armrests are like Papa paws. The walnut hardwood frame can be upholstered in a variety of fabrics and leather. Available in your choice of upholstery type and color.Watch learn how the Papa Bear Chair is created.
- Similar itemAdd finishing touches to your home with this CPH Bar Stool from HAY. Ideal for seating additional guests or updating your breakfast bar this stool’s tall, simplistic styling brings an air of sophistication to wherever it is used. Available in two finishes its moulded plywood seat has been crafted in two sections that mirror one another; completing its minimalistic appeal and making this stool a wonderful addition to any home.Key features: * Stylish bar stool * Material: wood, plywood * Dimensions: H75xW35xD51cm * Elegant tall profile * Moulded plywood seat * Oak wood colouring
- A 2-seater version of the classic Jane Sofa, with tufted cushions and a stainless steel perimeter base. Constructed with 100% FSC-Certified Wood in support of responsible forest management. Top-stitched, button-tufted seat and back cushions. Bench-made, brushed stainless steel perimeter base with mitered corners. Seat and back cushions are flippable. Non-marking leveler feet can be adjusted for stability on uneven floor surfaces.