I've been mostly publishing drafts for the past couple weeks because of school. I made this set right after I saw Perks of Being a Wallflower with my friend Victoria. It. was. so. amazing. It's going to win like a million awards and it's going to be a classic or something. It's just that good ♥
Anyways, this is an entry for the Make Me Beautiful contest :) I worked on this all week. This round was hard! But fun ;)
1. Warm up! I do 100 jumping jacks. This is just a really good warm up, and it gets my heart rate up really quickly.
2. Next I do sit up. I really need to work on my abs, plus I kind of like these (at least more than I like push-ups) I do 20!
3. I forget the name of this step, but I lift my legs up. I really want to be able to do the splits soon, so I just develope and then grab onto my leg. It really hurt but it helps me become a better dancer.
4. The scorpion. I can’t do a full one, but this helps me work on my arabesque derriere. You basically lift your leg up to the back… it’s hard to explain!
5. More jumping! I do 16 changements and then 8 Echappes. It’s a ballet combo (what a surprise). It keeps me warm, even in the middle of my workout
6. Calves stretch. I lean against a wall and keep my font leg bent and back leg straight. It feels goooood. I hold it for 30 seconds on each side.
7. Butterfly! I’m really good at this (I have a natural turnout) so I can just stay in this as long as I want. I usually use this as my water break.
8. Next I do foot exercises. I do foot rotations, 10 each way and then switch feet. Then I just stretch my arches and all that stuff. I do as much as I want ☺
9. Grand battements. They’re amazing for strengthening your legs. I do cloches, which is where you kick forward and then use that momentum to go to the back. I guess I do about 20 on each leg?
10. Dance party! Now I just put on a fun song and dance, a little mini reward! ☺
-Live While We’re Young, One Direction: This song is just perfect for working out! So upbeat and fun! It makes working out fun haha
-We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, Taylor Swift: Another uplifting song! It’s really fun, plus it has a strong rhythm, which I guess you notice when you’re a dancer. A good rhythm helps you work out! At least, it helps me.
-Want U Back, Cher Lloyd: Yet another uplifting song! Fun and uplifting songs help me work out, if you haven’t noticed.
-Show Me What I’m Looking For, Carolina Liar: It’s not really ass pop-y as the other songs, but it’s really good. I’ve heard this song on the radio a lot before, but I finally found out the name of it the other day when it played on one of my Pandora radios, and now I’m obsessed ☺
-Give Your Heart a Break, Demi Lavato: I usually use this for the slower ones.
-As Long as You Love me, Justin Beiber: At dance camp we did a hip-hop dance to this, so whenever I hear this song I think of it and feel like working out! It’s kind of weird, but it helps!
I have a picture of myself, and I'm in workout clothes! (A soccer shirt)
I’m sorry if this sound mean or bragging in any way, but I have a nice body. I’ve been dancing ever since I was little and I play lacrosse and am just pretty active. However, that doesn’t mean that I haven’t had any problems with my weight. Sometimes I just for most of the day without eating, and then eat a bunch of junk food for dinner. Starting around 3rd grade and up until pretty recently I used to get really obsessive about my weight and I would weigh myself almost every night and obsess about every extra pound. After a while I realized that I was going crazy with working so hard to stay skinny, when I was already underweight. So now I just don’t care about my weight. When I look at a picture of a skinny model in a magazine, I don’t compare myself to her. I’ve stopped comparing myself to the people around me because I know that every person is different. I’ve never really told anybody this yet, so I guess I’m just admitting it: For a while I became really close to becoming anorexic. I kept it to myself and denied that there wasn’t anything wrong. I never ending up talking to anybody about it, but I wish I had. But I want to thank my friends for helping me see that I was already really skinny. Thank you all ♥
Comment below if you read the whole thing! Wow, that was REALLY long!