- Relax back to another modern time. The mid-century lines of this swank leather chair capture all that was great about '50s design. Luxe full-grain, full-aniline leather cushions in a saturated dark brown beckon at a slight recline on a richly grained American walnut frame with dramatic streamlined angles, a cantilevered seat and a vertical slat back. Each chair is distinguished by the unique characteristics of its beautiful leather, finished with oils and wax for an authentic look that will develop an even richer patina over time. After you place your order, we will send a leather swatch via next day air for your final approval. We will contact you to verify both your receipt and approval of the leather swatch before finalizing your order.
- The Zebra Cowhide Rug adds color, texture and a sense of movement to virtually any room, from traditional to contemporary. It consists of a cream-colored Edelman Leather cowhide that’s been screen-printed with deep brown striping in a backbone design for a realistic look. Use it on a bare floor or on top of a neutral rug in a solid color. Each one is unique, with its own distinct size, shape and tones. Can be washed with mild soap and water and swept or vacuumed clean. Rug pad recommended. Made in Italy.
- A mid-century star is reborn. Beautifully pieced teak veneer marquetry starburst radiates a thick, dramatic round with reverse beveled edge. Four legs echo the starburst beneath in a flare of solid teak.
- A modern interpretation of a classic wing back chair, the Carmichael LOFT Sofa is both comfortable and stylish. With a two stage tight back design inspired by airport lounge seating, the Carmichael LOFT Sofa would fit in any home, modern or traditional. The hardwood frame is constructed of FSC Certified wood and legs are built into the frame enforcing secure stability. Plastic bumpers on each leg prevent floor damage from occurring and ensure that the Carmichael LOFT Sofa will be a permanent fixture in your home. The Carmichael LOFT Sofa is available in a variety of different fabric options. All fabric is CA 117 approved and double rub tested.
- Design George Nelson, 1947. Steel skeleton, self-webbing soft plastic. Made in USA by Modernica. It was in 1947 that George Nelson became inspired by a self webbing material used to moth-ball ships in New York and he convinced himself it would be perfect for lighting. He made a metal frame, tracked down the source of the webbing material and by the next day he created a big glowing sphere and the Bubble Lamp was born. Modernica has faithfully produced the bubble lamps to the exact specifications using the original Howard Miller factory tooling. Six feet of white lamp cord included. Small: 7.5" h | 17.5" dia | UL rated | requires 1x60 watt max bulb. medium: 9.5" h | 25" dia | UL rated | requires 1x150 watt max bulb.
- Shop for Forza Taupe Twill Mid-Century Style Accent Chairs (Set of 2). Get free shipping at Overstock.com - Your Online Furniture Outlet Store!
- Artists Taylor and Wood, designed Frames -- a completely interactive wallpaper. You decide what you want it to be: whether you want to put up your child's art, paint directly into a frame, or put up family photos. Make your room unique!
- Man-made materials. Measures 8.5 x 3.5 x 10.5 inches. Weighs 4.5 lbs. Each dog sold individually. Display items are not included. Imported.
- The Inhabit Graphic Pillow Collection features bold images inspired by the natural world and classic patterns. Designed in tasteful color combination's, the Summer Grass packs ultimate style. Available in two sizes with options for standard or outdoor inserts. Select indoor pillow with feather/down insert, pillow cover only or the outdoor pillow with polyester insert. All versions are offered in 18" x 18" or 13" x 24" sizes. Inhabit pillows are hand-printed in the USA using environmentally-friendly, VOC free inks. All fabrics are derived from certified recycled post-consumer waste and all paper from the printing process is shredded and repurposed as packing material. Delicious eco-friendly modern pillows. Yum. Material(s): Exterior: 100% sustainable recycled polyester, Pillow Inserts: 95% feather, 5% down, Outdoor Pillow Insert: 100% certified polyester made from recycled post consumer plastic bottles. Dimensions: 18"H X 18"W or 13"H X 24"W.
- Designed in 1960 for the Time-Life Building in New York, these solid walnut stools can be used as tables or extra seating. Choose from three distinctive designs. Designed by Charles and Ray Eames. Part of the Herman Miller Collections. Room & Board is an Authorized Herman Miller Retailer.
- Hand woven jute rug. Fringe border. 9'X12' additional $25 ship fee per rug final sale, no returns, no exchanges
- Design Alvar Aalto, 1953. Aluminum, brass or chrome plated rings. Made in Finland by Artek. "God created paper for the purpose of drawing architecture on it. Everything else is at least for me an abuse of paper." -Alvar Aalto. Architect Alvar Aalto also had a distinguished career as a lamp designer. Aalto's lamps often arose from individual construction project. Many models were further adapted and developed for serial production. Artek's production includes several original designs dating from 1937 to 1959. From pendant and ceiling fixtures to floor and table lamps, his lighting was minimal yet elegant while offering a timeless quality. These lamps make a versatile and lasting feature to any commercial or residential decor. Alvar Aalto was a highly talented architect and an eager spokesman for the international modernist movement. Aalto's designs were innovative and radical and became known for his experimental approach to bending wood, which greatly influenced American designers Charles & Ray Eames and Finnish-born Eero Saarinen. His style became known as humanist modernism. Alvar Aalto's dialogue with nature, architecture, design and the human being has become a living legacy. Pendant lamp A331 features a light fixture plug with a white plastic cable (72" L) and is available with a white painted aluminum shade with your choice of white, polished brass or polished chrome plated steel rings. CUL/UL listing can be provided at an additional charge. Cord: 72" L. diffuser: 12.8" dia | 11.4" h | requires 60W incandescent or 11W CFL E27 bulb. Ceiling mount: 4.7" dia. | 2.4" h.
- Design Arne Jacobsen, 1958. Aluminum, foam, upholstery. Made in Denmark by Fritz Hansen. In 1958, Arne Jacobsen designed the Egg for the lobby and reception areas of the Royal Hotel in Copenhagen. This organically shaped chair has since become synonymous with Danish furniture design throughout the world. Because of the unique shape, the Egg guarantees a bit of privacy in otherwise public spaces, and the Egg - with or without ottoman - is ideal for lounge and waiting areas as well as the home. The Egg originated in Arne Jacobsen's garage - cast in plaster. Today the synthetic shell is padded with cold foam and covered with fabric or different types of leather resting on a star-shaped aluminium base. Arne Jacobsen was very productive both as an architect and as a designer. His cooperation with Fritz Hansen dates back to 1934. The Ant and Series 7 chairs, produced in 1952, propelled both Jacobsen and Fritz Hansen's names into furniture history. At the end of the 50's Arne Jacobsen designed the Royal Hotel in Copenhagen, which introduced the Egg, the Swan, the Swan sofa and Series 3300 to the design world. Arne Jacobsen was and is an admired and outstanding designer. His furniture and other design work have become a national and international heritage. The shell of the Egg is of polyurethane foam with fiberglass reinforcement. The shell has an adjustable tilt which can be adjusted to the weight of the individual user. The base consists of a satin-polished, welded steel tube and a 4-star base in injection molded aluminium. The Egg may be upholstered with fabric or leather and is also available with an automatic return mechanism. egg chair; 33.8" w | 31.1" d | 42" h |seat; 14.5" h $5,934.00 + free shipping in the continental U.S. (please allow 8-12 weeks for this special chair to be created and shipped to your location).
- obsession by poppy baxta.
- Design Front, 2006. Polyester, pvc/cotton laminate on metal structure. Made in The Netherlands by Moooi. Who wouldn't want a life-sized horse to lighten up your home? The Horse lamp is one of a three piece collection of animal furniture designed by Front which also includes a Rabbit Lamp and a Pig table. Front started in 2003 by a design group of four. All members are involved in the design process from initial discussions and ideas to final product. Their works are based on common discussions, exploring and investigations about different topics. And the final products often communicate a story to the observer about the design process, conventions within the product field or the material it is made of. The Horse lamp is available in black only. 94.5" H | 90.5" L | 21.6" d | shade: 19.7" dia. Requires 1x60W max E26 bulb | UL listed.
- Le Corbusier was a painter, architect, and urban planner for six decades, and most of his works are still considered innovative even for our time. He is quoted as saying The house is a machine for living, and we think you'll find this side table a great piece in any of your living spaces.
- With its vibrant colours this rug will brighten any room in your home.
240cm (L) x 170cm (W)
50% wool & 50% Silk