- Similar itemDesign Alvar Aalto, 1933. Bent birch plywood. Made in Finland by Artek. "Objects are made to be completed by the human mind." -Alvar Aalto. The invention by Alvar Aalto and the joiner Otto Korhonen of bending chair legs from solid wood made it possible for the Aalto stool to be conceived. Through this method Aalto achieved one of the main goals of modern furniture design; the mass production of furniture. Joints, which demanded a good deal of time and skilled workmanship, could be abandoned. The basic Aalto stool is 3-legged. Because of this, even large numbers of them can be stacked and stored in very little space. Alvar Aalto was a highly talented architect and an eager spokesman for the international modernist movement. Aalto's designs were innovative and radical and became known for his experimental approach to bending wood, which greatly influenced American designers Charles & Ray Eames and Finnish-born Eero Saarinen. His style became known as humanist modernism. Alvar Aalto's dialogue with nature, architecture, design and the human being has become a living legacy. Stool 60 features natural lacquered birch legs, the seat is available in your choice of birch veneer, black linoleum seat or white laminate seat. Stool 60 is also available lacquered all white or black. Throughout 2013, Artek will introduce a series of stools, designed by well-known architects and designers, commemorating the 80th anniversary. In addition, Artek is featuring the stools with colored tops inspired by the colors used at the Paimio Sanitorium, which was designed by Alvar Aalto and completed in 1932. 15" Dia. | 17.3" H.
- Similar itemLinen dinner napkin. 21" square. Available in Fig. Made in Belgium. Machine wash.
- Cocktails are bigger than ever, and this is the first real cookbook for them, covering the entire breadth of this rich subject. The Craft of the Cocktail provides much more than merely the same old recipes: it delves into history, personalities, and anecdotes; it shows you how to set up a bar, master important techniques, and use tools correctly; and it delivers unique concoctions, many featuring Dale DeGroff's signature use of fresh juices, as well as all the classics. Debonair, a great raconteur, and an unparalleled authority, Dale DeGroff is the epitome of Perfect Bartender, universally acknowledged as the world's premier mixologist. From Entertainment Weeklyand USA Today to the Culinary Institute of America and the nation's best restaurants, whenever anybody wants information or training on the bar, they turn to Dale for recipes, for history, for anecdotes, for fun-for cocktail-party conversation as well as for cocktails. That's what The Craft of the Cocktail is-the full party, conversation and all. It begins with the history of spirits, how they're made (but without too much boring science), the development of the mixed drink, and the culture it created, all drawn from Dale's vast library of vintage cocktail books. Then on to stocking the essential bar, choosing the right tools and ingredients, mastering key techniques-hints worthy of a pro, the same information that Dale shares with the bartenders he trains in seminars and through his videos. And then the meat of the matter: 500 recipes, including everything from tried-and-true classics to of-the-moment originals. Throughout are rich stories, vintage recipes, fast facts, and other entertaining asides. Beautiful color photographs and a striking design round out the cookbook approach to this subject, highlighting the difference between an under-the-bar handbook and a stylish, full-blown treatment. The Craft of the Cocktail is that treatment, destined to become the bible of the bar. Format: Hardcover. Pages: 240.
- New York Times -bestselling cookbook author Ina Garten is back with this eagerly anticipated new collection. Filled with nearly 100 elegant recipes and 150 inspiring photos, this is the book you will turn to again and again for effortless entertaining and everyday meals. A must-have for the busy cook, this book provides the simple, delicious dishes we rely on from Ina and the direction to get us there. Ina helps ensure a smooth preparation and execution for any type of gathering or meal, with tips for getting everything done on time. In her new book, Ina provides instructions for mapping out a “game plan” to ensure your meal is ready on time; 10 Foolproof Tips for Cooking, which even the most seasoned chefs can use; 12 Foolproof Tips for Table Settings; tips on how to balance a menu for prep-time management; and her innovations on kitchen space management. Barefoot Contessa Foolproof offers dozens of recipes to mix and match that result in endless combinations of menus for any meal. Chapters include Cocktails (Sidecars with Dried Cherries, Thyme-Roasted Marcona Almonds), Starters (Easy Gazpacho & Goat Cheese Croutons, Fig & Fennel Caponata), Lunch (Lobster Corn Fritters, Israeli Couscous & Tuna Salad), Dinner (Mustard-Marinated Flank Steak, Salmon with Melting Cherry Tomatoes), Vegetables (Green Beans Gremolata, Balsamic-Roasted Brussels Sprouts) and Desserts (Ultimate Pumpkin Pie with Rum Whipped Cream, Cinnamon Baked Doughnuts.) Publisher: Clarkson Potter. Includes: 272 pages; autographed by the author on bookplate. Material: Hardcover. BENEFITS: Filled with nearly 100 elegant recipes and 150 inspiring photos. You’ll turn to this book again and again for effortless entertaining and everyday meals. A must-have for the busy cook, this book provides the simple, delicious dishes Ina is known for and the direction to get us there. In addition to recipes, this book is filled with practical tips ranging from time management to space-saving ideas. Features dozens of recipes that can be mixed and matched for an almost endless combination of great meals. Make Ina Garten’s “Ultimate Pumpkin Pie:” Click here for recipe
- Similar itemLinen dinner napkin with Greek key embroidery. 21" square. Available in White/Grey. Imported. Machine wash.
- Similar itemARP Barstool by Offi & Company. Karim Tashid designed the ARP Stool for Pure Design of Canada back in the early 1990's, and it was an immediate success due to the combination of the simple legs and the sensuous and supportive wavy seat form that has been a trademark for Karim throughout his design career. After several years out of production, Offi has re-introduced the ARP to the market. It is available in both barstool height (30") and counter height (24") with two natural plywood finishes and the chrome leg structure. Materials. Molded ply with either a birch or walnut veneer, and chrome plated leg frame. Dimensions. 18D x 14W x 35H" seat 24H" OFFI & Company was launched in 1997 out of the love for great design. This passion is satisfied by creating simple, beautiful and practical furnishings that address the modern urban lifestyle. OFFI products are created to be multifunctional, comfortable, and at home in any modern home in the world. By guiding and nurturing a group of independent international designers such as Scott Wilson, Karim Rashid, Eric Pfeiffer, TRUCK Product Architecture, Roberto Gil, and Tarantino Design, Offi has launched more than 100 fresh new products in the last ten years. Offi, as well as several of the designers, has won prestigious awards for furniture design during that time. Now offering work surfaces, lounge seating, storage solutions, organization accessories, and a growing "kids" collection, we are committed to delivering great design by continually creating the most innovative furniture solutions for the modern urban lifestyle.
- Similar itemA new, improved and expanded full-color paperback edition of this popular cookbook, filled with 55 easy and awesome recipes including vegan and vegetarian options. Try out starters, main dishes, desserts and treats, plus drinks all incorporating one of four easy extraction methods using butters, oil and alcohol. Features 15 all-new dishes. Published by Green Candy Press.
- Similar itemDesign Ilmari Tapiovaara, 1955. Solid Pine & Birch. Made in Finland by Artek. Tapiovaara was a great admirer of Alvar Aalto's work and wanted to create products based on the same ideological premises. He embraced the principle of social equality of functionalism, and felt that architecture was the starting point of his design work. The Pirkka series is a simple yet elegant collection of chairs, stools, benches and tables. It features a solid Pine oilwaxed, stained or lacquered seat with a lacquered solid birch frame. Lacquered option is offered with a solid birch seat and frame lacquered in white. The bar stool is offered in two heights, 25.6" & 31.5". Llmari Tapiovaara was one of the greatest interior architects and designers of his era. With the mind of an explorer and a soul of a craftsman, Tapiovaara was always seeking for new solutions to improve everyday objects. During his long career Tapiovaara created dozens of iconic objects loved by the public. He was revered as a master of characteristic and human objects and surroundings who captured the essence of Finnish identity. Ilmari Tapiovaara was awarded a total of six gold medals at the Milan Triennials as well as many other important awards throughout his career. 17.3" W | 11" d | 25.6" or 31.5" h.
- Similar itemMake a beautiful statement on your dining table with this uniquely styled napkin. The edge of the napkin has an uneven cut that creates a softly ruffled display, especially when gathered in a napkin ring. The beauty of linen blended with other fabrics adds to its refined, yet casual charm. 40% linen/30% cotton/30% polyester. Measures 17" L x 17" W. Machine wash. Imported. Sold as set of six.