The first event in All of Life is But a Game has officially begun! (http://www.polyvore.com/all_life_is_but_game/group.show?id=142650)
Here are the rules:
1. You have until the end of June to complete this event. (If you have yet to submit a character, don't worry! There's plenty of time- no rush.)
2. You are free to make any kind of set- a doll, fashion, art, whatever.
3. Writing is entirely optional, but encouraged.
4. Feel free to collaborate with other members, but don't use their characters without their permission.
5. Follow the story that is provided.
You wake up in a shack which is barely tall enough for you stand up in without hitting your head off of the roof. Beside you there is a duffel bag which contains a month's worth of first aid supplies, food, and clothes. There is also a weapon with a small tag attatched to it. It reads: Survive. In front of you there is a television. You stare at it for a few moments, and it flickers to life. There is no picture, only static. And then there comes a voice. It says:
"When this message comes to an end, a hidden camera will begin filming you. This is the last chance you will ever have of communicating with the outside world. After thirty seconds the door will open and you will be inside the Compound as an official player of the game of Survival. Use your time wisely."
The voice disappears and suddenly it is your face on the screen of the television. You glance quickly at the door and realize that your time is running out; you have to say something, and make it meaningful. So what will you do? Curse the people who put you in this place, or say a fond farewell to your friends and family? Or will you say nothing at all?
The choice is yours.