March 9, 2013
Song of the day: Charlie Boy - The Lumineers
First, I just wanted to say happy belated birthday to @rainie-minnie and @stylistish and whoever else's birthday I missed! Hope you girls had wonderful birthdays! I wish you all the best! Thank you for being amazing Polyfriends!
Also, this set is for the lovelies who made me sets: @giko-is-giantsister, @milla-starinac, @iloveyoudd, @blisssdaisy, and @bestdressx. You girls are so sweet, and I can't thank you enough! Hope you all have a great weekend! xx
Now for a little bloggie...
Heyyyyyyyy. How's life, guys? Long time no see.
1) Took the SAT this morning. Overall, it seemed a bit harder than January's, but I'm hoping I didn't screw up any math problems this time. It's just that the curve is always so bad that you literally can't get any wrong. Sigh sigh.
2) But this makes me happy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwdK4N1ZEjw. Best cover I've seen in a while.
3) Watch this series of videos where Dave Franco interviews James Franco: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj7kbbsOK4U. It's just funny and cute. I totally didn't even realize they were brothers slash that James even had a little brother who was famous but then I saw this and I was like DUDE I KNOW HIM. And not even from Scrubs really because I've only watched like one episode of that. He's Lucy Hale's boyfriend in "Privileged"!!! FYI, that was a CW show that got cancelled but that I obviously loved. Sigh. Lol.
4) (Hart of Dixie spoiler alert) WHY WADE, WHY?!? You and Zoey were so cute together!!! Lol I probably shouldn't rant about Hart of Dixie here since I'm like the only person who watches this show, but ugh so many feels.
5) I swear I always have something I want to say when I come on here, then forget it by the time I'm through making the set. #seniormoments
6) Ooh but actually one thing I remembered... So (this is kinda old but) when my friends came back from France, the one thing they /all/ told me was that the students get NO homework in France. And, okay yeah, I took that with a grain of salt because it obviously doesn't work that way in every school, I'm sure, but I definitely know that my French friends have told me, too, that the school atmosphere is not as intense as it is for me, and that the kids are certainly not busting themselves on extracurriculars and such to get into university. Oh, the other thing was that they actually spend their summers having fun (who knew that was possible? ;)), not going to programs and doing internships and stuff. And I was kind of reflecting on my life, and I realize that a lot of the stress inflicted upon my life is because I, personally, am really ambitious, but it's also because the town that I grow up in is, you know, a relatively affluent town, so it's the type of thing where all the kids have parents who went to ivies and are currently big-shot bankers and lawyers stuff, so the people in my school are pretty competitive and it's a pretty competitive environment and a lot of us aim to get into those top-notch schools ourselves. And I was just kind of curious... Is that the case for you guys as well? Like I'm trying to figure out whether it's sort of a Europe vs. America dichotomy or a case-by-case sort of basis. I mean, obviously it's case-by-case, but I'm curious to see if there's sort of a general universal trend.
7) Anyway. So our school carnival is coming up soon, and each club gets to have a booth to raise money so, do you guys happen to have any suggestions for me? :)
8) Oh and it was snowing yesterday, but it's gonna be around 50 degrees the next few days. Lol. I think the weather's bipolar.
9) But speaking of warmer days... I'm super excited for Spring! And I was thinking I really want to get new sunglasses. Not that I have any money in my wallet, but let's pretend for a minute that I did... What kind of glasses should I get? I honestly don't even know what looks good on my face. But I'm really loving the round frame trend. Or aviators. But I don't know. What are your guys' experiences selecting the right frames? My face is kind of oval-ish, I guess? I don't know really know.
10) Hmm I'm gonna eat a popsicle now. Yumm. Catch up with you guys later! xx