Wilhelmina Adelaide Fischer
From: Munich, Germany
Status: Daughter to the President of Germany
Wilhelmina Fischer is one of the most boring girls you will ever meet - which is why her secrets come as such a shock. On the surface, Wilhelmina goes to school, looks pretty (but not too pretty) at her father's events, and dutifully stays out of the tabloids. However. Wilhelmina is hiding a secret that could crack her fragile little dollhouse forever. Wilhelmina is having a relationship, and it's not the kind that anyone would approve of. Her secret lover is forbidden to her in every way, and yet...something draws them together. Throwing caution to the wind, Wilhelmina ditched her obedient schoolgirl attitude and jumped on her lover's Vespa. She's so plain that you probably don't remember seeing her, but if you think carefully, you have seen them, haven't you? The girl - very ordinary, nothing striking - and the boy: beautiful silky hair. You envy her so. Even though Wilhelmina's not the prettiest girl you've ever seen, she lights up next to him. And a pretty girl and a beautiful boy? That's something you're bound to notice. And, if Wilhelmina's not careful, so will the paparazzi.
Model: Edie Campbell
Top Five Character Choices:
1. Seraphine Peroché Olivier
2. Odile Belle Brideau
3. Aelwen MacMahon
4. Sabine Rosalie Villette
5. Judith Duff
1. Mina's ten-year-old brother was diagnosed with Leukemia when he was six, and she spent most of her childhood in hospital rooms reading to him. Her mother was too upset to visit and her father was extremely busy with his political career.
2. She prefers roman numerals to numbers because she finds them both romantic and sophisticated.
3. Mina is attracted to the unknown. She wants to travel the world, see new places, meet new people, experience different cultures, but her parents are unwilling to allow her to go.
4. She is a talented dancer and took ballet lessons until she was sixteen but gave up on them, because they were leading nowhere, and her mother disapproved.
5. Mina doesn't mind being a wallflower – being outshone by everyone and everything. As long as she can support her loved ones and make them proud of her, she is willing to maintain her forgettable existence.
1) Ok, tell us about your past. Where do you come from?
I've resided in Germany my entire life. In fact, I've never left the country. My father has always been involved in politics, and since we come from old money, my mother has never needed to maintain a job. Father is just starting the his second consecutive term as president, so I've lived in the Bellevue Palace, which is a lovely place, for just over five years. I spend most of my time at school or with my brother Leon, who has thankfully beaten Leukemia and is developing into quite a strong and handsome young gentleman. I am so proud of him.
2) How do you know Marie, or if you don't, what are the circumstances around you being invited to the wedding court?
I know Marie fairly well. She stays with my family in her semi-annual world travels, usually for a week or two. She always begs me to join her and her entourage, but my parents have always forbidden it. Marie invited me to the wedding court, knowing my mother and father could hardly refuse such an honor, and that I would enjoy seeing France and all its wonders.
3) Can you tell us a few personal strengths and weaknesses?
I attempt to please everyone. I am quiet and never cause trouble if I can help it. My brother and I are very close and I am like a second-mother to him. Reasonably intelligent and a hard worker, I preform well in school and am an excellent dancer. However, I often find it hard to speak up for myself, though when it comes to defending my friends and family, I find my voice easily. I have some self esteem issues, but I am a teenage girl, right?
4) What are you most looking forward to about moving to Versailles and taking part in court?
I cannot wait to see Marie...She is a very enigmatic girl and draws me out of myself. Spending time with her is always wonderful. Also, meeting the rest of the wedding court should be an unique and unforgettable experience – so many cultures gathered together to celebrate such a lovely and romantic event!
5) What is one thing the world should know about you?
When I care about someone, or love them, I do so deeply. I will do anything to protect the ones close to me.
Out of Character:
~ Why did you choose this character?
Honestly, she reminds me of myself. I am the kind of girl that doesn't get noticed, who can remain unnamed and anonymous to people who aren't specifically looking for me. Additionally, I've spent a great deal of my life trying to live up to my parents expectations.
~ Can you honestly be active?
Of course. It would be irresponsible to apply to a role play if I couldn't. I am in high school, but ever since I've joined polyvore, I've set aside at least an hour a day to explore it and create sets.
~ Why should we choose you for this character?
I am a good writer and can empathize with the character. Also, Mina has taken up root in my mind, and I am already internally developing her life and story.
(@modern-bourgeois, @the-clary-project, @esprit-de-escalier)