Make a good impression on his family when you meet them. Put together a knockout outfit to win their hearts for a chance to win a $300 eBay gift card!
1. Casual sweater dress, conservative with
2. Throw on top cardigan and
3. Opaque tights.
4. Shoes make the statement about your style, guaranteed to get compliments from mom and the other women in the family so make this item your center piece...but be sure to wear something in case you have to help set the table or clean up after dinner!
5. The belt will remind you to sit up straight, and you'll look beautiful and confident with proper posture (and it's elastic so don't fret about being squeezed too tight when you have that extra dessert).
6. Here's my simple rule for jewelry: wear anything he has bought you (even if it clashes, you have to show his parents he does try...) otherwise where a cross pendant necklace on a simple chain or a single strand of pearls. Even better if the jewelry is a family heirloom, it shows a bound to family and is a great conversation piece. Wear a watch, dad will appreciate a woman who tries to stay on schedule, and you won't have to check your phone in the middle of dinner.
7. A small purse is best, all you need are a few things. Also, you'll be able to keep it near you instead of leaving at the door, and you won't be as rude if you have to check your phone because it's near...
8. Natural make-up is best. They don't want their son dating a you-know-what...
9. Perfume leaves a signature in the house that you were there, but don't use too much or use something too heavy. Try Burberry Brit Sheer or Philosophy Falling in Love.
10. Lastly, be a good guest by bringing a hostess gift, a side dish or dessert, and offering to help prepare and clean up dinner (especially if he expects Mom to do it all!). Ask ahead of time about any food allergies, diet preferences and let the host/hostess know about yours too! Then everyone will be able to eat and enjoy.
PM me for more tips on meeting the parents, like my set and shop with ebay!