1. Miu Miu Loafers: I have seen pictures of these adorable navy blue velvet loafers everywhere, and think they are some of the most stylish loafers ever. I am a huge fan of Miu Miu, plus I have a slight fetish with loafers lately, so these would be a great addition to my wardrobe. Not to mention the velvet gives them that classy-chic look I love.
2. A Canon EOS Rebel DSLR Camera: With the fashion blogger age really taking off, I’ve been wanting to start a fashion blog that I will actually keep up with, unlike some of my previous attempts. One of the reasons I feel self-conscious about posting my own fashion pictures is because I don’t have one of those really nice fancy cameras that a good amount of bloggers have these days. While I know it’s not all about the camera, I do love the way this camera photographs and how professional it looks. Photography has always fascinated me and I’ve always been a fan of taking pictures, especially with some of my friends’ DSLRs much like this one. With a camera like this, I feel like I could really make a fashion blog worth looking at and reading.
3. A Chloé Paraty Bag: The Chloé brand has always impressed me. All of their bags, clothes, and shoes are always so delicate and lovely, always giving a slightly vintage feel in great pastel colors and subtle patterns. I especially adore their handbags because of their unique styles and simple yet gorgeous appearances. This bag is one of my favorites because it has become such a staple in the street style fashion world.
4. A Faux Fur Vest: The great thing about vests is that they can be worn essentially all-year-round. You can pair them with a turtleneck sweater, jeans, and boots for the winter or wear them with a sleeveless dress in the spring and summer. What I find particularly alluring about the faux fur vests is how they can really transform an outfit from drab to totally chic. They are so fun and fierce. I specifically want a faux fur one because I don’t like wearing or buying real fur pieces.
5. A Collared Dress: This past year, collars have become a major fashion statement in the industry. I find them so feminine and sweet, perfect for adding just a little detail to a piece to make it stand out amongst the rest. This collared dress is great because it’s in this season’s it color oxblood, and I really love the long sleeves. The collar is perfect, almost like an accessory, but it adds just the perfect element to draw attention to not only the dress, but up toward the face which sometimes get overlooked in certain outfits.
6. To Get My Novel Published: I have always been a writer. I remember writing little stories in elementary during my free time, always in secret because I was afraid someone might make fun of me. I’ve always been insecure of my writing because I don’t know if it’s good enough or if anyone would want to read it. I always got good grades on research papers, which were required for classes in middle and high school, but it was never really anything fictional that I was partial to. However, I began writing on Polyvore. I started out writing for characters in roleplays, where you make an outfit your character would wear in a set and then write a story in the description of the set in your character’s point of view for certain events. People started reading my roleplay stories… And liking them. It made me feel better about my writing and gave me confidence to write more, and post more. So eventually, over a year ago now, I found this roleplay that was more of an independent roleplay, where you didn’t have to interact with other members’ characters and you could create a story of your own, and post when you could. I joined it, thinking it probably wouldn’t last very long and I’d make up a character, use her for a while and have fun, but not really connect with her as I wrote for her. But then I kept writing, after many of the members had stopped, I kept writing for my character because I just had this feeling that I knew where this was going and I had to finish her story. At first, not many people read the story for this new character, which was for More Than Words. Now so many of you know what a big deal More Than Words is, and my main character Alexa. I have gained such an amazing fan base on Polyvore. So many people have read my More Than Words and they encourage me to write more, and I want to write more, not just for them, but also for me. So now here it is, over a year later after starting More Than Words on a whim, and it has turned into a novel, not just a roleplay character anymore, and my writing has grown as I have progressed with Alexa’s story. The story is nearly complete, and what makes me happy in a way, although it’s almost over, is that I have all these wonderful Polyvore friends who have read every chapter and always want more, and are telling me how sad they are that it’s ending. It is sad, because I’ve worked so hard and I don’t want to let go, but it’s also such a big accomplishment because this will be the first one of my stories that I actually finish, and that people actually read. It makes me ecstatic to know people wait eagerly to read new chapters and leave their feedback for me. My wish is for someday this independent-roleplay-character-turned-novel will be a published book, and all of my Polyvore friends can enjoy it in printed form. It seriously warms my heart that so many of them read it now and in the past year, when someday they could be reading it again, but actually turning the pages and reading the dedication, which will be for them, my first true fans who believed in me and kept me going. Without Polyvore, I don’t think this story of Alexa would’ve progressed much, and I am so thankful to have a site with such an amazing community and such confidence in one another. It really did make a tremendous difference, and gives me the courage to keep writing, everyday.