Okay so I need to just get all my les Mis feels in one big gush fest! I loved the show before but I just fell in love with it all over again. That movie was just... ugh! So amazingly wonderful! I can't believe it wasn't prerecorded and it was all recorded on set. It was so perfectly done, I just can't comprehend! Let me go character by character.
1. Jean Valjean- Hugh Jackman was so amazing. I feel like he was born to play that role. Valjean's Soliloquy was one of my favorite parts of the entire movie.
2. Javert- I have heard mixed reviews about Russel Crowe's performance but I thought they could not have picked a better person for Javert. He did so well with a very tricky vocal part and plus he has such a cool gravely voice. To all his haters I say "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?"
3. Fantine- I shed so many tears. Anne was on screen for what... twenty minutes and she gave the performance of a lifetime. Somebody just get that girl her Oscar! Perfection
4.Cosette- little Cosette was adorable (but not as adorable as Gavroche) but I think Amanda Seyfried did so well with this part. Plus she looked gorgeous as always
5. Marius- oh Eddie. Those freckles! unf. Plus he even looks good covered in excrement. I wasn't overly thrilled with his singing but it was still great.
6. Last but very not least- Enjolras- holy crap I had not thought his performance would be my favorite. I recognized the actor but I had to look him up on IMDB to figure out he was Tripp on gossip girl! Did anyone see THAT voice coming! I wanted him to just keep singing forever. One day more was just amazing. All of the young mens chorus was just beyond amazing... the best singing in the film. Red and Black just made me want to start a revolution.
The rest of the casting was pure perfection. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.