14,000 things to be happy about:
1. I banned myself from using Polyvore for a week so that I could focus on my exams AND IT WORKED! I actually managed to stay away for a whole week and studied real hard and thought the exams went pretty well. Also, no more exams till May :D
2. Andy Murray is currently playing in the finals of the Australian Open. YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW STRESSFUL WATCHING THIS MATCH IS. I FEEL BRITISH FOR ONCE AND I WANT MURRAY TO WIN SO BAD AND HE IS CAPABLE OF WINNING THIS, EXCEPT HE IS LOSING ASDFGHJKL
3. Me and the team did pretty well at the public speaking competition and are through to the next round :D
4. I have an awesome playlist running in the next tab.
5. It's the weekend.
6-14000. I ate samosas on three different occasions this week.
Ha, so anyway, its been a while, hey everybody :D I haven't checked activity in a week and there was about 20 pages of stuff to go through, but I promise to catch up with tags/comments/pm's this week and if there is anything I missed, feel free to pm me :D I think this set layout was subconsciously inspired by the awesome @luxecouture and lately, I've realised I've been making a lot of pink/white fresh sets, maybe I'm subconsciously waiting for spring. I should listen to my subconscious more, it seems to know what it's doing.
So I don't know if any of you remember, but Pat asked me to make a list of 43 things that I wanted to do this year and I started it in this set polyv.re/WFy415 and am finishing it off here :D Here we go...
26. Start reading manga/watching anime - I've already watched DBZ and Avatar so I thought I might as well go al out and just become obsessed. I've started reading Death Note AND IT IS AMAZING. SERIOUSLY I CAN'T STOP READING IT. This is not the place nor the time to be fingerling, but expect a proper fangirl session in my next blog. I started reading The Promise as well and have quite a bit to say on that...
27. Understand K-Pop - And hopefully like it so the I can forever be viewed as 'cool' in @robot-in-a-box's eyes.
28. Buy and solve a Rubik's Cube - This sounds outlandishly crazy, but apparently, you can learn to solve a Rubik's cube in under 10 minutes, if you follow this simple logic. So I shall try that. And go crazy when I realise that I cannot solve to and then it will just sit there, forever a reminder of my failure.
29. Teach myself to raise one eyebrow - Again, apparently, you can teach yourself to control your muscles and lift one eyebrow. I can do two, but I want to be able to do 1. That 'one eyebrow raised questioning' type look is awesome ahahha.
30. Develop better sleeping habits - And don't lay awake at night for hours thinking stupid thoughts that eventually make their way into my blog posts.
31. Learn to apply mendhi
32. Get better at Origami - I can make an origami heart, easy-peasy, but other than that, I fail. I have this origami book and the instructions make no sense, but by the end of the year, I /will/ have made that damn origami bird.
OH MY GOD NO MURRAY HAS LOST. That's so sad, yo. He was playing so well in the first 2 sets and towards the end, I think he just became tired. Plus the blistery feet, poor guy :(
33. Learn to juggle
34. Make a blog post about something other than myself
35. Enter at least 1 official Polyvore contest
36. Be able to speak French - And by that I mean being able to formulate sentences off the top of my head that are grammatically correct.
37. Be able to buy fruit - As in being able to buy the fresh, not rotten fruit.
39. Learn to do a proper push up and sit up - Ugh, why?
40. Pull a prank
41. Learn about Astronomy - Not sure how well this will work considering there are no visible stars above my house...
42. Find somewhere where we can give our opinions/improvements for Polyvore
43. Make a new friend - Not an internet friend, but a real life friend :O
Right, that's me done. I guess I'll review them or something at the end of the year and will deem the year successful if I get a 95% success rate for completing these things. Maybe that's a little high, but whatever, I can always tweak the figures later ;D Oh and if anyone has any tips or recommendations or whatever to help me with my 43 things, feel free to share :D
Last week Rory McIlroy signed a deal with Nike that reportedly earns him £30,000 a day for the next 5 years. I'm off to train my little brother in the art of golf so when he becomes rich he can buy me that @isabelmarant jacket and a nice Persian rug for my house with exposed brick walls and fluffy white duvets with green plants dotted everywhere. Le sigh. A girl can dream.
Have a great week everyone :D