***Top set on September 9, 2012***
Thanks so much @polyvore! And thanks for all the lovely comments, guys!
Song of the day: Funbags - Rod Thomas
September 3, 2012 (totally started writing August before I realized that summer is over...)
This song from the "The Romantics" trailer has been stuck in my head. It's such a cute tune. But there are no lyrics, so I thought I'd humor you with a quote from the movie that amused me.
And now for a tag...
I was tagged by the amazing @hijabikebabi a few days ago and totally forgot about it until now, but here it is:
10 Things I Love:
1) God. Seems appropriate that He should come first in this list since He comes first in my life. So yeah. Everyone who knows me well knows that I'm a pretty devout Catholic, and I just love God.
2) My family and friends. I guess everyone says that, but it's the same for me. I love my family and my friends as well. Don't know how else to expand on that...
3) FASHION. Okay, I think it's obvious that the majority of people on Poly love fashion. And I fit right into that stereotype. I love looking at fashion tumblrs, fashion blogs, etc., etc. and just find it all so inspiring. I love putting outfits together on Poly, and if I had all the money in the world, (after donating tons of it and doing good and all that fun stuff) I'd buy clothes. Lots of them. I just love them.
4) MUSIC. I've recently come to the realization that I love music. Like really love it. I'm not all intense about it, so I don't know all these underground artists and all the classics and oldies and stuff like that, but I know what I like, and I love it. I'm always listening to music and singing along to it to. I'm the type of girl who sings along to every song playing on the radio, even if I have a terrible voice. Mmm some of the artists I love include Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, One Direction, John Mayer, Jack Johnson, Colbie Caillat, and the list goes on and on...
5) TV SHOWS. Okay don't worry I'm not one of those lame couch potatoes who just sits at home watching TV all day. My parents never actually allowed me to watch TV during the school days even when I was young and barely had any homework lol so I only watch during the weekends and vacation. But I actually watch so many shows. And I get really passionate about them too. My favorites include Grey's Anatomy, Covert Affairs, White Collar, Parenthood, Rookie Blue (my newest favorite--everyone GO OUT AND WATCH IT SO IT DOESN'T GET CANCELLED!), Hart of Dixie, Awkward. (omgsh love this show), and so on and so forth...
Hmm so those are the basics, and I guess now I'll try to think of some random things I love...
6) Witty people. I don't know, but you know how there are certain people in your class who speak so intelligently and eloquently but who are hilarious and use sarcasm brilliantly and have the best comebacks? I just love them. They make my day.
7) Cute, romantic scenes in books and movies and shows and things. I'm like a hopeless romantic, so I just love a good love story. Haha.
8) People who genuinely don't care what others think of them. I admire people like this so much. Like, I love meeting people who have absolutely no interest in being social climbers, who don't care about partying and all that other junk even when everyone else seems to, etc. I love people who love what they love, even when it's something that may be embarrassing or boring or "uncool" or whatever. I love people who are passionate about things just because it pleases them and makes them happy, even if people around them roll their eyes at them. I just totally admire people who live for themselves and not others.
9) OH. I love it when people do cute, little things for you. Specifically, I love it when boys act like gentlemen, which is rarely the case this day and age. But you know... Every once in a while, a boy will hold the door for you, or offer to carry something heavy for you, or I don't know, whatever. Most people probably don't notice these little acts or gestures or whatever, but I think they're sweet. Even when they're not directed towards me or anything. I find it nice. And it's not just with boys or anything. It's like, even when you're maybe with a bunch of people and you fall behind and you think no one notices, but then someone does and turns around and waits for you to catch up. I don't even know how to explain it. But like, the little things. I love the little things people do for you.
10) And hmm. One more thing I love... I love people who aren't easily bored. And what I mean by that is, I love it when you can just sit with a person eating lunch in silence--and in silence that is not awkward. I guess the reason why I love that is because I hate being around people who make you feel a need to constantly entertain them. I just hate always feeling pressured to talk all the time, to make sure there's never a lull in the conversation, to keep on having to think of something interesting to say so you don't bore the other person. I just love it when it's easy to be around a person. When you don't feel like they're judging you for being boring or unexciting or anything like that.
Okay, so that was really random and weird, but I'm guessing you probably have a better feel of the type of person I am now, yeah? And I suppose that's the point of all these tags that go around, so mission accomplished, hopefully.
So now I'll tag a few people: @luxecouture, @hortensie, @ashley-rebecca, @bestdressx, @raisng614, @frenchkitty, @bittersweet89 and hmm I don't know. Anyone else who wants to do it. And, obviously, don't do it if you don't want to!
Happy Labor Day! Have a good week, lovelies! xx
p.s. This is the first set of mine that I've made in a while that I actually like. I think I might be getting my mojo back ;) hehe