hi, it's @nicolelovvesyou (:
& i know we've made this tip already, but i want to add my OWN spin to it. & for this tip i'm assuming it's an all-girls sleepover, i've had sleepovers with guys before but they're DEF not as funn! ♥
O1; iNViTATiONS ♥(:
- okay, so you're hosting a sleepover, & you need to invite some girls, obvii.
- personally, i think sleepovers are best with only a few girls, so invite your closest knit group of about 3-5 friends(: ♥
- make sure all the girls get along well with each other(:
- you can invite people verbally, or you can create your own invitations on polyvore! make sure you let them know the time, date, etc(: ♥
O2; FOOD ♥(:
- of course, these girls are staying over for awhile, & it'l be YOUR responsibility to feed them(:
- make sure you consult with your guests first on what they're allergic to, what they can't eat (some religions can't eat pigs & whatnot), etc. && PLAN ACCORDiNGLY(:
- you can always order in food, but that's not nearly as cool as making your own! ♥
- i think it's super fun to have a make-your-own pizzas night. set out pizza sauce (homemade is best!), dough, & shredded mozzarella, at least. if you wanna get all snazzy with the toppings, i say put out some pepperoni, BACON, ham, maybe a few veggies, & all the works. (i'm a new yorker, i LOVE pizza sleepovers, but if you're game for something else, so be it!)
- you can also make your own sandwiches / heros, & things like thatt(:
- as for snacks, i normally just put out some healthy snacks & not-so-healthy snacks. a lot of my friends are health-conscious so you'll want to respect that & set out some things that they CAN eat if you have friends like that(: ♥
* yummy veggies - carrots, celery, etc, with low fat ranch to dip(:
* organic chips / popcorn (you can buy them at grocery stores, they're a little more pricey, though, but tons healthier).
* & things like that. ♥
- ASK your friends what kinds of snacks they'd like to see theree(:
- & of course, you'll need REFRESHMENTS. ♥
O3; PREPARATiON ♥(:
- a week before your sleepover, make sure you start tidying up your house! no one wants to stay over at a messy house, it's not very welcoming & can leave a bad impression
- set up a playlist on your ipod that you can put in a dock & have play. make sure it's songs that all your girls know so that no one feels awkward if they don't know the song, + some girls like to sing along & no one wants to hear a song they don't know the words to. brownie points if there's a song that actually means something to you, like an eighth grade graduation song or something of the sortt.
- if you haven't got an ipod, just turn on the radio to your favorite station!(:
- make sure all your girls have got sleeping bags & whatnot. if they haven't got one, assure them that you can set up a few blankets or they can sleep on a couch(:
- set a designated spot for the main sleepover to take place. is your room big enough? that's the ideal spot. if not, try your basement, or ask your mom if you could use the living room. ♥
- if you need your girls to bring anything (board games & whatnot) remind them while they're packingg(:
- a few hours before your guests arrive, start setting out your snacks, DVD's, ingredients, games, crafts, etc. (see below for activities).
O4; ACTiViTiES ♥(:
- so you girls have got the next 36 or so hours to yourself. now what ?
- one thing i LOVE to do is paint each other's nails.
+nail inspirations -
+ask your friends to bring over their favorite colors, tools, stencils & whatever else. set out yours, & then save some of your favorite pictures to a computer, print them out, etc. let your friends scroll through them all & choose what they'd like to do!(:
- BAKE // COOK. if anyone has a special, deliscious recipe they can do, it's always fun to bake. you can do the infamous cupcakes or cookies, but why not cookies in a cupcake, where you put a little ball of cookie dough in your chocolate cupcake? (LOVE THEM). or oreos in a chocolate chip cookie? get creative, girrll. ♥
* recipes - http://www.polyvore.com/recipes/collection?id=784003
- trade clothes with each other. ask your friends to bring over clothes they'd like to trade, so that all of you girls can get some new clothes of the latest fashion for free(: ♥
- SPA DAY; http://www.polyvore.com/making_spa_day_with_your/set?id=21398104
- BLiND MAKEOVERS ♥
+blindfold one girl, give her makeup brushes, palettes, lipstick and whatnot, and put another girl in front of her.
+instruct the blindfolded girl to give a makeover to the one in front of her.
+you can do the same with blind feeding contests. wrap each girl in towels & such, & make teams of two, give each girl a pudding cup & a plastic spoon & have them race to feed each other blindly.
- CHUBBY BUNNY(:
+i mentioned this in my previous tip, just take turns eating a large marshmallow & saying "chubby bunny" until the last remaining person wins. it's harder than you think(;
+you lose when you can't say chubby bunny. ♥
- play twister(:
- MOViES ♥(:
+pick out a movie, you can get one off netflix OR, you can rent one or just find an old moviee(:
+make sure you select a movie that EVERYONE wants to watch, not just you. scary movies are great, but not if there's a person who would get genuinely scared in the audience. don't try to pressure her to watch a scary movie!
+get some popcorn too(:
+chick flicks are usually a good choice, such as mean girls, princess diaries, etc.
+so are disney movies(: ♥
- watch some funny youtube videos(:
- have a PiLLOWFiGHT. ♥
+so stereotypical, but it's really fun.
+you can take a video of it & post it on facebook, it'll be a great memoryy(:
+make sure that all the girls remove long earrings, glasses, etc, so that nothing gets broken & no one gets hurt. ♥
+then grab your pillow & take your best shot!
- turn up the tunes & DANCE. you can even make up fun dance routines(:
- camwhoree ♥(:
+and then upload it all to facebook to show what a great time you're havingg(:
+you can set it on timer & then all the girls can pose in a group photo
- do a CRAFT(:
* ideas - http://www.polyvore.com/diy_tips/collection?id=981888
+im thinking of making a scrapbooking tip, but you girls can all make a quick & simple scrapobook of your night.
+get some sheet protectors & slip in pictures, or anything really that'll remind you of the sleepover.
+maybe if you girls wrote notes / pictures of each other? you can put that in(;
- TRUTH OR DARE(:
+board games are fun, like the game of life
+sometimes i'll pull out my old barbies and we'll actually play for like half an hour haha, at our age we get a whole new perspective on them, youknow ?
+hide & seek is also fun in your house, esp if it's big. ♥
+break out your wii if you've got some cool games. guitar hero, karaoke, dancing games are super fun(:
+i know some people don't like the thought of gossiping, but gossiping isn't always mean. lighten up ♥
- put on a show. act it out yourselves, or create puppets & take a video ♥
- make popsicles. just throw some yummy fruits whole / blended into a popsicle mold, freeze it & EAT.
- chill outsidee(:
- do each others' hair / teach each other new hairstyles(:
- create inside jokes. no gettogether is fun without inside jokes. ♥
& that's it(:
comment if you have more idears & i'll ADD THEM & CREDiT YOU. ♥
love you all, & i hope i helpedd(:
au revoir. ♥