- Similar itemPaying particular attention to how people use lounge seating, Cini Boeri designed her third lounge collection for Knoll to deliver multiple sitting zones, bench-like support near the seat front, and relaxed comfort as one moves into the piece. The collection harmonizes generous proportions and sleek lines to deliver a modern solution for today's more expansive interiors. The lounge chair is supported on a metal chassis with optional casters for easy movement and increased flexibility. Construction and Details Available in a range of KnollTextiles and Spinneybeck leathers. Upholstery must be railroaded due to large proportions of the Lounge Chair. Single needle topstitching is used with textile applications. Double needle topstitching is used with leather applications. Seat cushion is highly-resilient polyurethane open-cell Cal 117 foam. Frame is formed steel tubing with dark grey powder coat finish. Available with 4 standard legs or two front legs and two casters in the back. Optional throw pillows (not included) GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified for low-emitting products. Due to variances in color perception with a monitor, samples are available and strongly recommended.
- Similar itemA modern table in architectural stainless steel and glass. The streamlined tubular steel frame is made by craftsmen who hand-buff the metal to a gleaming finish. This sleek family of tables features clean lines. Stretchers at base add both support to the frame and graphic interest to the design. Squared tubular stainless. ⅝"-thick glass top. Made in China.
- Similar itemDesign Poul Henningsen, 1958. Spun aluminum, steel. Made in Denmark by Louis Poulsen. The PH Artichoke is considered to be a classical masterpiece. It was designed by Poul Henningsen more than 40 years ago. The structure is made of twelve steel arches. On this structure PH (Poul Henningsen) placed 72 copper "leaves" in twelve circular rows with six blades in each row. Because each row is staggered from the previous, all 72 leaves are able to "cover for each other". This design allows viewing the fixture from any angle without being able to see the light source located in the center of the PH Artichoke. The original PH Artichokes were developed for a restaurant in Copenhagen called the Langelinie Pavilion, and they are still hanging there today. Poul Henningsen was Born in Copenhagen to the famous Danish actress Agnes Henningsen. He never graduated as an architect but started practicing traditional functionalistic architecture, which led to a focus mainly on lighting which is what he is most famous for. His field of occupation also included areas of writing and. At the beginning of WWII, like other creatives, he was forced to flee Denmark during the German occupation but soon became a vital part of the Danish colony of artists living in Sweden. His lifelong collaboration with Louis Poulsen Lighting began in 1925 and lasted until his death. To this day, Louis Poulsen Lighting still benefits from his genius. Poul Henningsen's pioneering work concerning the relations between light structures, shadows, glare, and color reproduction-compared to man's need for light remains the foundation of the lighting theories still practiced by Louis Poulsen Lighting. 18.9" Dia. | 18.4" H | requires 1x200W max A-23 CL medium. 18.9" Dia.
- Similar itemThe first pieces conceived for and manufactured by Knoll, Jens Risom's furniture was originally constructed of simple maple frames and discarded parachute webbing due to wartime material restrictions. Described as good, honest furniture design, the collection helped establish Knoll as an early provider of modern design in America. Construction and Details Top available in 3 finishes in maple or walnut hardwood. Top is veneered with cathedral pattern with poplar cross bands and backing. Core and edge are solid hardwood lumber. Legs and apron are solid maple or walnut. Lacquer finish. GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified.
- Similar itemThis wonderful club chair design features handsome bycast leather upholstery in vibrant red and comfortable padding. The chair has been CFR rated and is safe to use in any public area. Accent chairs come in all shapes, sizes and colors. This pieces is sure to be the stylish seat in your room. Club chair from the 1404 series. Red bycast leather upholstery with comfortable padding. CFR rated (California Fire Retardant). 32" high. 27" wide. 22" deep. Standard 1-yr limited warranty included.
- Similar itemDesign Florence Knoll, 1954. Steel frame, upholstery. Made in USA by Knoll. Like so many of her groundbreaking designs that became the gold standard for the industry, Florence Knoll's 1954 lounge collection has made its way into the pantheon of modern classics. Consists of a distinct, fully tufted, seat and back covering attached to an exposed metal frame and legs. The versatile collection includes lounge chair, settee and sofa, Ideal in both formal and informal settings. While a student on the campus of the Cranbrook Academy of Art, Florence Knoll Bassett became a protegée of Eero Saarinen. She worked briefly for Walter Gropius, Marcel Breuer and Wallace K. Harrison. In 1946, she married Hans Knoll, after which they formed Knoll Associates. As a pioneer of the Knoll Planning Unit, she revolutionized interior space planning with her belief in "total design" - embracing all aspects of design principles which were radical departures from the standard practice in the 1950s, but were quickly adopted and remain widely used today. For her extraordinary contributions to architecture and design, Florence Knoll was accorded the National Endowment for the Arts' prestigious 2002 National Medal of Arts. Lounge chair: 31.5" w | 31.5" d | 31.5" h | seat: 17" h | arm: 23" h. Available in your choice of fabric or leather upholstery. Pieces upholstered in leather have matching buttons; pieces upholstered in fabric do not have buttons.
- Similar item*SPECIAL ORDER ITEM: NLC by Next. At first glance, NLC perplexes with its positively striking and yet strangely puzzling appearance. Its special appeal lies in the seeming conflict between the chaotic and the organic. NLC draws its inspiration as much from the head of Medusa as from the finely trellised branches of a treetop. One of the reasons for the luminaire's attractiveness certainly stems from the fact that the design invisibly incorporates the light source. The white cover hides the light fitting and is easily adjusted to create the desired amount of illumination. Dimmable LEDs offer an additional option of controlling the level of brightness. Due to the E14 fittings NLC can be used either with LEDs or standard energy-saving lamps. Materials: ABS, PC. Details: 21.85 x H: 18.5" max drop 7' Due to the E14 fittings NLC can be used either with LEDs or standard energy-saving lamps. Sophisticated, but not elitist...... this is how Thomas Schulte, the owner and managing director, sees next home collection. Maybe it was this premise that, instead of pinning ones hope on important names to help a new company along, made working with young and yet unknown designers easier. The decision was courageous but proved to be a smart one. Already at next 's first light+building in 2000 did three of their products win the Form 2000-award of the German Crafts Association (Bundesverband des Kunsthandwerks). Soon after, Liquid_Light received the award Design for Europe 2000 at Interieur trade fair in Belgium. It seemed as if Schulte's wish "to be available for everybody" was coming true. In the following years he expanded the collection in an increasingly close cooperation with the design studio Büro für Form. Thus he managed to draw a connection from products that work with a tongue in cheek (like Dicke Trude and FlipFlap , for example) to luminaires that convince with their functionality ( Molecular_Light ). "With the direction of the collection I am aiming at two markets that complement each other very well in anumber of contexts: projects and private homes," Thomas Schulte explains. The manifold application of next luminaries prove him right. Whether it's the opera Faust at Staatstheater Wiesbaden or Jamie Oliver's restaurant in Cornwall - the next home collection just shines.
- Similar itemThe Adamas Morgan living room series is sure to make a stylish statement in any modern or transitional setting. With chick designed details that are both modern and elegant, the table is as beautiful as it is unique. Designed with a low profile, the clean espresso finish will complement any d cor. Features: Spacey and convenient square design. Square shape. Solid oak hardwood construction. Dark espresso finish. Rich hand applied finish. Adam''s Morgan collection.
- With a distinct throwback feel, this gold and orange beauty casts off a beautiful light as it sparks memories of summers spent at the ocean’s edge. Three golden tiers of shells and beads bring bold, fresh color to your cottage or Hollywood regency décor. 14 inches high x 16 inches diameter at shortest length; 52 inches high x 16 inches diameter at longest. Constructed from metal with shell and bead detailing. Gold leaf finish on metal, orange and natural finish on shell and beading. Adjustable height. Bulb not included.